XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just guessing here, but I would say that if we could compare similar statues from the two companies, an XM piece would cost $100 to $300 more than Sideshow (for me anyway). That's not chump change. So, for many people, I think the XM offering must be significantly better than something from from Sideshow.

Also, I've been told by Kenny and Mark that XM's damage/return policy requires that the customer ship the parts back to XM first...that's going to be a significant cost. Sideshow sends out replacements to me at no cost.

People claim that XM's packaging is superior, and it very well may be...even vastly so, but let's not kid ourselves here, damage during transit will happen.

I'm not ripping on or knob polishing either company here, just trying to present the financial realities for at least myself when considering these two companies. If I am going to but from XM, it has to be:

A. A character that I love, and

B. Vastly superior to all other available options.

Great points tavegg. I agree completely.

I am just guessing here, but I would say that if we could compare similar statues from the two companies, an XM piece would cost $100 to $300 more than Sideshow (for me anyway). That's not chump change. So, for many people, I think the XM offering must be significantly better than something from from Sideshow.

Also, I've been told by Kenny and Mark that XM's damage/return policy requires that the customer ship the parts back to XM first...that's going to be a significant cost. Sideshow sends out replacements to me at no cost.

People claim that XM's packaging is superior, and it very well may be...even vastly so, but let's not kid ourselves here, damage during transit will happen.

I'm not ripping on or knob polishing either company here, just trying to present the financial realities for at least myself when considering these two companies. If I am going to buy from XM, it has to be:

This is my thinking as well. Didn't know about the return policy thing. Yeah man I just want amazing quality for that sort of money and nowadays its more like the cost of or a huge part of another statue I may want. Damn SDCC was and will be a killer in our wallets.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm not ripping on or knob polishing either company here, just trying to present the financial realities for at least myself when considering these two companies. If I am going to but from XM, it has to be:

I agree. $100 and $300 are two very different numbers though, and I think that's where the debate started. I can see how the exchange rates for CND can make the cost fluctuate between the two.

As for returns, I only spoke about replacements, which my understanding is that replacements will be sent free of charge. I haven't heard from Mark or Kenny what the deal is for returning a statue. If you do have to pay for return shipment, yeah that's a big cost. I guess it would depend on the damage whether you just get a free replacement or if you have to return yours as well. The only first hand account I have heard is that someone got a broken flag for Cap and received a free replacement.

This is my thinking as well. Didn't know about the return policy thing. Yeah man I just want amazing quality for that sort of money and nowadays its more like the cost of or a huge part of another statue I may want. Damn SDCC was and will be a killer in our wallets.

Yeah, so consider if you have to ship back an entire statue for replacement...that's going to be in the $150 to $200 range, easy.

When you consider the risk of damage (it's real, despite what people say), the potential difference in cost is even more substantial.

I agree. $100 and $300 are two very different numbers though, and I think that's where the debate started. I can see how the exchange rates for CND can make the cost fluctuate between the two.

As for returns, I only spoke about replacements, which my understanding is that replacements will be sent free of charge. I haven't heard from Mark or Kenny what the deal is for returning a statue. If you do have to pay for return shipment, yeah that's a big cost. I guess it would depend on the damage whether you just get a free replacement or if you have to return yours as well. The only first hand account I have heard is that someone got a broken flag for Cap and received a free replacement.

The quote I got from Kenny indicates that all faulty parts must be shipped back at the buyers cost, and XM will pay shipping when sending out the replacement. Hopefully I am misunderstanding this, or the policy changes, and destroying the damaged piece is an acceptable alternative.

As far as exchange rate...yeah, that $100 to $300 is real. Early this year, our dollar took about a 10 cent nosedive in value...that kind of thing can happen any time, and f's up the budget!

Jedi is pretty much bang on with his pricing. XM statues, at the current rates, are more expensive than buying direct from Sideshow for Canadians. There is just no denying that...I am not sure why people continue to try to make arguments against this fact. Magneto will easily cost me anywhere from $800 to $1,000 CDN, depending on the exchange rate when it actually ships. I can't see this Thanos being any different.

He is worth that much money imo. Low ES, amazing quality paint so far from XM. Amazing QC where they inspect every item and touch up anything that appears wrong. And that SCULPT?! Incredible! XM is the type of company that is going to get my money. Don't get me wrong, I need a SS Supes in my life still but after that, maybe Catwoman from SS and then that's it. Too over-inflated ES and seeing all the Harley's selling for $300 on ebay has put me off SS. I'm a collector and don't need what i collect flooding the market. Just my two cents. I'm sure XM may go mainstream one day, but for now I want to pick up their grails. I love the Sideshow of yesteryear though. Nothing beats that either.

Yeah, so consider if you have to ship back an entire statue for replacement...that's going to be in the $150 to $200 range, easy.

When you consider the risk of damage (it's real, despite what people say), the potential difference in cost is even more substantial.

That's if your dealing directly with someone in Singapore.... BBTS.com, Speculative Fiction and Secret Compass have said if you get a busted up statue they will replace it or give you a full refund...

That's if your dealing directly with someone in Singapore.... BBTS.com, Speculative Fiction and Secret Compass have said if you get a busted up statue they will replace it or give you a full refund...
That's interesting to say the least. However that few hundred still hinder my decision making until I, IMO think it's stellar

Yeah they are man. All those extras make it so sick

The quote I got from Kenny indicates that all faulty parts must be shipped back at the buyers cost, and XM will pay shipping when sending out the replacement. Hopefully I am misunderstanding this, or the policy changes, and destroying the damaged piece is an acceptable alternative.

As far as exchange rate...yeah, that $100 to $300 is real. Early this year, our dollar took about a 10 cent nosedive in value...that kind of thing can happen any time, and f's up the budget!

This is interesting because when speaking about the possibility of damage to statues via transit Kenny told me, " Should the unfortunate happen, I will be more than glad to issue you a refund."

Yeah they are man. All those extras make it so sick

Yeah. And I think the extremely defined "metal work" through out thanos' costume is awesome. Gives the outfit a more based in reality feel. I love when they nail the comic look, but give it a realistic vibe like that.

As more of these XM pieces come out, it gets me excited to see if they do the bonus statue props. I would instant buy if they offered pieces of ultron drones as extra separately buy able statue additions. I would lay those mother ****ers all over my house. Haha. Please XM! Take my idea! :pray:

This is interesting because when speaking about the possibility of damage to statues via transit Kenny told me, " Should the unfortunate happen, I will be more than glad to issue you a refund."

Who's kenny? And isn't that exactly what sideshow does? Haha

Wow my idea pumped me up. They could do so many if they got the rights to them. Chatiri pieces, doom bot pieces, hydra goon pieces... Literally endless.

He is worth that much money imo. Low ES, amazing quality paint so far from XM. Amazing QC where they inspect every item and touch up anything that appears wrong. And that SCULPT?! Incredible! XM is the type of company that is going to get my money. Don't get me wrong, I need a SS Supes in my life still but after that, maybe Catwoman from SS and then that's it. Too over-inflated ES and seeing all the Harley's selling for $300 on ebay has put me off SS. I'm a collector and don't need what i collect flooding the market. Just my two cents. I'm sure XM may go mainstream one day, but for now I want to pick up their grails. I love the Sideshow of yesteryear though. Nothing beats that either.

I agree Magneto is worth it...I have him on order! I just pray that it arrives with no damage!

Hawkeye and Black Widow are two good examples for me, though. Both XM and SS have a 1:4 offering. I like XM's versions a lot, but neither one is $100 to $300 better than the SS offering imo, so, in those cases...if I HAD to have a Hawkeye or BW, I would probably lean towards Sideshow.

It's all just going to depend on the character. I am glad to have options. It's great to see XM deliver on their first few products.

Classic Yankee. Upset by obvious facts. People complain that sideshow does full refund, be fair in your judgements friend.

Are you illiterate? Apparently.

Bmutha made a comment about Kenny, who I also deal with, and who you obviously have no ****ing idea who he is.

Like I said, there was no discussion about Sideshow but if you want me to start hammering the ever loving crap out of that company again I have no problem doing it.

Back