XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa!!!!! Hold up there buddy!! You don't think Thanos won't cost $800? Seriously! He's bigger than Hulk and Apocalypse damn near. I guarantee you money if SS ever gets around to doing a Thanos PF, not only will he cost more than $599 (SS prices increase every few months it seems), he might cost much more...say $649-$699. Take my situation...I'm in California....not 50 miles from SS. This is what it will cost me.....and I'll be kind let's say he will cost $599....

Statue = $599
Tax = $60
Shipping = $40.

Do the math.......$699. In my book, it might as well be $800. What you fail to take into consideration is SS will have MUCH LESS options, MUCH POORER QC, MUCH LONGER DELAYS, MUCH POORER PACKAGING, and in the end (going from previous recent Marvel releases) SS WILL CHEAP OUT ON MATERIALS (Gladiator Hulk PF as an example) thus not supplying peeps with the product they all expected to receive. I forgot to mention SS's edition size will be 20000 by the time they make him.

Oh and by the way, Thanos is not a small statue dude. Without a base he is already pushing about 22" similar to the Hulk. Secondly, I think his base will be something to where he might be standing on a mound of skulls and will more than likely push his total height up another 3"-5" minimum. THIS IS A BIG STATUE.

What are you talking about with Gladiator Hulk? So far everyone who has one in that Thread has yielded nothing but praise for that Piece.

Whoa!!!!! Hold up there buddy!! You don't think Thanos won't cost $800? Seriously! He's bigger than Hulk and Apocalypse damn near. I guarantee you money if SS ever gets around to doing a Thanos PF, not only will he cost more than $599 (SS prices increase every few months it seems), he might cost much more...say $649-$699. Take my situation...I'm in California....not 50 miles from SS. This is what it will cost me.....and I'll be kind let's say he will cost $599....

Statue = $599
Tax = $60
Shipping = $40.

Do the math.......$699. In my book, it might as well be $800. What you fail to take into consideration is SS will have MUCH LESS options, MUCH POORER QC, MUCH LONGER DELAYS, MUCH POORER PACKAGING, and in the end (going from previous recent Marvel releases) SS WILL CHEAP OUT ON MATERIALS (Gladiator Hulk PF as an example) thus not supplying peeps with the product they all expected to receive. I forgot to mention SS's edition size will be 20000 by the time they make him.

Oh and by the way, Thanos is not a small statue dude. Without a base he is already pushing about 22" similar to the Hulk. Secondly, I think his base will be something to where he might be standing on a mound of skulls and will more than likely push his total height up another 3"-5" minimum. THIS IS A BIG STATUE.

First of all Thanos is not bigger than either of those two lmfao. Hulk and Scar are estimated at close to 9' tall, Apoc on Average is estimated at about 7' (and he can change his size) and Thanos is estimated at about 6'7". At 1/4 that's under 20" not including a base. If he has a big base then hell be pushing the 24" mark like Bats and Supes. He could fall anywhere between $499-599$ (Hulk PF is 549) in terms of cost it'll be bout $100-140 on top with shipping and import fees for me here in Canada. If he costs $750 I'll be happy. XM statues cost nearly $800 WELL before shipping and taxes which will end up pushing them beyond the $1k mark. No offense to XM collectors but I still think that in terms of the level of sculpt Especially faces and paint apps SSC still does it better (look at the Superman PF. I can deal with delays as long as I get a great statue and SS Packaging hasnt beem bad at all recently. Yeah they have QC issues but everyone does and in terms of CS I'd still rather deal with SSC because if I get a .messed up statue from XM I don't see me getting my money back or my import fees (which I can through customs).

20k ES is pushing it bro Lol that's what I'd say to CBG. I don't see him being more than 1k on the Ex. Apoc was 750 and Thanos isn't more popular than Apoc and definitely isn't known as widely as him.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I have 3 XM pieces on my radar so far. Mags is a MUST for me. I'll make a decision on Phoenix and Thanos after I see finished pieces.

Well, I WANT all of the ones they've announced except for Ant Man, Hawkeye and Black Widow. Thanos is just first on the list (well, 2nd since I already ordered Cap). After Thanos it goes Phoenix, Magneto, Mark VII and Hulk.

I have 3 XM pieces on my radar so far. Mags is a MUST for me. I'll make a decision on Phoenix and Thanos after I see finished pieces.

Well, I WANT all of the ones they've announced except for Ant Man, Hawkeye and Black Widow. Thanos is just first on the list (well, 2nd since I already ordered Cap). After Thanos it goes Phoenix, Magneto, Mark VII and Hulk.

Yeah, I want almost all of them too. :lol

Instant PO's for me are Iron Man Mk 7, Magneto. Phoenix would be instant but doesn't fit into y collection at all. But, neither does Mags so an exception might be made. Edit: forgot to add Wolvie :gah:

Thanos is tempting, but too ealry for me to commit. Hawkeye is 50/50 but I'm not feeling the base atm.

First of all Thanos is not bigger than either of those two lmfao. Hulk and Scar are estimated at close to 9' tall, Apoc on Average is estimated at about 7' (and he can change his size) and Thanos is estimated at about 6'7". At 1/4 that's under 20" not including a base. If he has a big base then hell be pushing the 24" mark like Bats and Supes. He could fall anywhere between $499-599$ (Hulk PF is 549) in terms of cost it'll be bout $100-140 on top with shipping and import fees for me here in Canada. If he costs $750 I'll be happy. XM statues cost nearly $800 WELL before shipping and taxes which will end up pushing them beyond the $1k mark. No offense to XM collectors but I still think that in terms of the level of sculpt Especially faces and paint apps SSC still does it better (look at the Superman PF. I can deal with delays as long as I get a great statue and SS Packaging hasnt beem bad at all recently. Yeah they have QC issues but everyone does and in terms of CS I'd still rather deal with SSC because if I get a .messed up statue from XM I don't see me getting my money back or my import fees (which I can through customs).

20k ES is pushing it bro Lol that's what I'd say to CBG. I don't see him being more than 1k on the Ex. Apoc was 750 and Thanos isn't more popular than Apoc and definitely isn't known as widely as him.

You do realize the $800 price tag before shipping from singapore is in SGD, right? Base price for XM stuff is around $550 USD straight from the source, like one of the boardies you can buy from. About $150-$200 to ship to NA. So you are looking at about $700-750 to your door, not counting import taxes, which who knows, the boardies may be willing to declare less value for you. Are these more expensive than SS statues? Yes. Are they astronomically more expensive? That's debatable. In some cases yes, in others, no.

As for Thanos being more popular than Apocalypse, he certainly is now. I'd actually argue that Thanos has always been more popular, as he has been involved in more series than Apocalypse, but that debate is over now that Thanos has been featured in a major release movie. Until Apocalypse shows up in the next X-Men, Thanos will win the overall popularity contest.

First of all Thanks is not bigger than either if those two lmfao. Hulk and Scar are estimated at close to 9' tall and Thanos is estimated at about 6'7". At 1/4 that's under 20" not including a base. If he has a big base then hell be pushing the 24" mark like Bats and Supes. He could fall anywhere between $499-599$ (Hulk PF is 549)

in terms of cost it'll be bout $100-140 on top with shipping and import fees for me here in Canada. If he costs $750 I'll be happy. XM statues cost nearly $800 WELL before shipping and taxes which will end up pushing them beyond the $1k mark. No offense to XM collectors but I still think that in terms of the level of sculpt Especially faces and paint apps SSC still does it better (look at the Superman PF. I can deal with delays as long as I get a great statue and SS Packaging hasnt beem bad at all recently. Yeah they have QC issues but everyone does and in terms of CS I'd still rather deal with SSC because if I get a .messed up statue from XM I don't see me getting my money back or my import fees (which I can through customs)

Yeah I forgot Marvel updated their dimensions over the years. Next year Hulk and Skaar will be 20'. So if you are going by that...I can't argue. I don't I go by the original old school handbook.

Hulk was originally 7'0'. Thanos was 6'7". Thanos was close to Hulk's girth. Keep in mind, the XM Hulk statue is bending at the knees quite a bit. He isn't standing straight like Thanos. So you can still see Hulk definitely taller than Thanos and still bigger girth wise. Seems pretty accurate. I guess that was an overshoot of Thanos's size going by the hand behind the statue.

By the way, XM statues do not cost $800 USD. Its more closer to $600. So it would cost you $400 shipping if you were to get it from say BBTS? (if they ship to Canada)

You do realize the $800 price tag before shipping from singapore is in SGD, right? Base price for XM stuff is around $550 USD straight from the source, like one of the boardies you can buy from. About $150-$200 to ship to NA. So you are looking at about $700-750 to your door, not counting import taxes, which who knows, the boardies may be willing to declare less value for you. Are these more expensive than SS statues? Yes. Are they astronomically more expensive? That's debatable. In some cases yes, in others, no.

As for Thanos being more popular than Apocalypse, he certainly is now. I'd actually argue that Thanos has always been more popular, as he has been involved in more series than Apocalypse, but that debate is over now that Thanos has been featured in a major release movie. Until Apocalypse shows up in the next X-Men, Thanos will win the overall popularity contest.

Yea and the shipping in NA from BBTS is only like 20ish bucks at least to NY. So thats like 670 to your door

I think you Americans are not factoring in that the Canadian Dollar is atrocious right now. JediSword's numbers are slightly off, but those of you that are saying it's way cheaper are flat out wrong when it comes to us North of the border.

$800 SGD works out to about $700 in Canada. Shipping AND import I'm still looking at more and don't forget CS and returns related issues.

Secondly Thanos is not more popular than Apoc. Until the first Iron Man came out the vast majority of ppl did not even know who Thor was. Most ppl know Marvel via the Xmen (wolverine, jean Grey, rogue etc.) or Spiderman. Apoc has been around for a lot longer in a accessible media compared to the likes of Thanos. There are (sadly) a lot more CBGs than there are the likes of us (comic book nerds). For another few years more (Avengers 3) we will not see Thanos. Just in the last year alone Apocalypse's first appearance in the comics has gone up in value about 200%. In the next year or so that will probably happen to Thanos. But to most ppl still, all they know about him is from Av1 and now GotG.

Yeah I forgot Marvel updated their dimensions over the years. Next year Hulk and Skaar will be 20'. So if you are going by that...I can't argue. I don't I go by the original old school handbook.

Hulk was originally 7'0'. Thanos was 6'7". Thanos was close to Hulk's girth. Keep in mind, the XM Hulk statue is bending at the knees quite a bit. He isn't standing straight like Thanos. So you can still see Hulk definitely taller than Thanos and still bigger girth wise. Seems pretty accurate. I guess that was an overshoot of Thanos's size going by the hand behind the statue.

By the way, XM statues do not cost $800 USD. Its more closer to $600. So it would cost you $400 shipping if you were to get it from say BBTS? (if they ship to Canada)

Damn BBTS lists their statues at around $680 US (approx $750 Can.)and then there's shipping which is about $100 and change then there's import fees (or **** rape). Yeah girth wise he's definitely a big guy And if you wanna go by old school comics, Hulk used to get bigger as he got madder too at a point and they stopped that too (wish they hadnt)
So far XMs Thanos looks MIND BLOWING And those extras are ****ing off the hook. I'm just hoping for a cheaper alternative that delivers similar quality and I see that in SSC.

I think you Americans are not factoring in that the Canadian Dollar is atrocious right now. JediSword's numbers are slightly off, but those of you that are saying it's way cheaper are flat out wrong when it comes to us North of the border.

I figured we were just dealing in USD as that's what we were referencing the SS statues as being.

$800 SGD works out to about $700 in Canada. Shipping AND import I'm still looking at more and don't forget CS and returns related issues.

Secondly Thanos is not more popular than Apoc. Until the first Iron Man came out the vast majority of ppl did not even know who Thor was. Most ppl know Marvel via the Xmen (wolverine, jean Grey, rogue etc.) or Spiderman. Apoc has been around for a lot longer in a accessible media compared to the likes of Thanos. There are (sadly) a lot more CBGs than there are the likes of us (comic book nerds). For another few years more (Avengers 3) we will not see Thanos. Just in the last year alone Apocalypse's first appearance in the comics has gone up in value about 200%. In the next year or so that will probably happen to Thanos. But to most ppl still, all they know about him is from Av1 and now GotG.

Damn BBTS lists their statues at around $680 US (approx $750 Can.)and then there's shipping which is about $100 and change then there's import fees (or **** rape). Yeah girth wise he's definitely a big guy And if you wanna go by old school comics, Hulk used to get bigger as he got madder too at a point and they stopped that too (wish they hadnt)
So far XMs Thanos looks MIND BLOWING And those extras are ****ing off the hook. I'm just hoping for a cheaper alternative that delivers similar quality and I see that in SSC.

As for CS and return issues, so far Mark and Kenny have shipped out replacements for Cap free of charge and as of yet, XM hasn't really had much in the way of CS issues related to QC.

As to the popularity contest, before, sure I'd agree Apocalypse is the more popular villain and may still be for us comic book nerds, but if we are talking general pop, then at the moment, Thanos has been featured in a major movie and Apocalypse hasn't. There's a reason Thanos has been popping up in more comic series lately, lots of reissues too of older stuff, while Apocalypse has not. That may all change once we see Apocalypse in a film. Also, if I think about it, I've seen many more representations of Thanos in toy and particularly in statue form than I have Apocalypse. But I also am probably unaware of some Apocalypse merch.

I'll be very surprised if the shipping quote doesn't change when they start shipping. Has any XM piece shipped from them yet?

Dunno thats the beauty of them being in the middle of the country and shipping a lot of packages , they get good rates.

Back