XM Studios Spider-Man 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to hold off on this one for now. There's no rush for these pieces anymore. I'm going to let the hype die down after release and might go for it then.

I think the SSC Spider-Man sculpt better, but the XM base is amazing. I could see myself owning both, but just not in a rush.

That's true, no matter what forum you go on there is always something people will not like and you see people arguing back and forth trying to change the other persons opinion but it is all what you like.
I personally prefer this XM piece because I think it will go well with the SS Venom and Carnage PF due to the hyper realistic feel. But for a piece such as the Spider-Man comiquette I feel goes better with the XM Venom due to the more comic book look.

I think I'm going to hold off on this one for now. There's no rush for these pieces anymore. I'm going to let the hype die down after release and might go for it then.

I think the SSC Spider-Man sculpt better, but the XM base is amazing. I could see myself owning both, but just not in a rush.

well said, none of these are going to be hard to get in the future. There will be the one off "grail" piece, but 90% of statues coming out now will be readily accessible down the line, and many below retail IMO.

well said, none of these are going to be hard to get in the future. There will be the one off "grail" piece, but 90% of statues coming out now will be readily accessible down the line, and many below retail IMO.
Agreed. With the combination of high edition sizes and multiple companies producing statues now, there are a lot of options if you miss out on a statue or character you like. Look at Venom. Sideshow released a COM and a PF, XM and Prime 1 also have released 1/4 Venoms as well. The old days of high aftermarket prices are very rare with today's releases. Most statues released nowadays can be had for retail or less. The collection game has changed immensely over the last few years.

I agree. Waiting doesn't hurt as much anymore.

I only jump quickly at the statues I really want. Those that I know I'll get anyway no matter what ...and that's only a few.

The only reason i'm going to lock this piece in is because I genuinely love it. I'm not concerned weather it will jump up in value or be a grail ect, yes that would make it feel a lot more special, but to me this statue is exactly what I want in a Spider-Man.

Comiquette: Love the over exaggerated muscle definition but the pose doesn't do anything for me. Lacks the drama I want for my Spider-Man display. Great for people who want the comic book look like the XM and prime 1 Venom.

Iron Studios: When I first saw this piece I thought it looked incredible. I don't like the Spider-Man's eyes or the distracting base. I love the drama and comic book feel but wouldn't have this in my collection. To me this is a standalone piece which is not what I'm personally looking for. Also the cheap flimsy materials and high price are ultimately what ruin this for many collectors.

Latest PF: Love the sculpt, SS hit the nail on the head with his body proportions and dynamic pose. The base is fine. Would buy if I didn't own the Symbiote variant.

Prime 1 Spider-Man: If this happens (and I'm sure it will) from what we've seen in the other P1 Spiderverse 1:4 scale statues this will most likely have a meuseam pose. In saying that it will most likely have an incredible sculpt and paint.

XM Spiderman: Love the drama in the pose. The base speaks for itself in terms of detail and variety of switch outs. Considering Spiderman is the centre piece of the Spiderverse I love how they have made a huge deal in making the overall piece large. The realistic approach on Spider-Man will work perfectly along side my hyper realistic Venom and Carnage from SS.
The web swinging is what wins me over. If this Spider-Man was just crawling up that pole or anything other than swinging on his web I wouldn't buy this. I personally would wait out for the Prime 1 Spider-Man and if the pose was to static and Meuseam like I would resort to the SS PF or buy a dramatic, realistic, dynamic custom.

My opinion, I don't hate any of them I just prefer some over others in terms of what I personally am looking for in a statue :)

yes, I've adapted to the wait and see plan as well. Everything can be had later for less if you're patient. and with xm you usually end up saving on the shipping.

yes, I've adapted to the wait and see plan as well. Everything can be had later for less if you're patient. and with xm you usually end up saving on the shipping.

Exactly. Look at the poor folks who were paying >$2K for XM Venom after the initial hype. It’s now selling for $1100 on some BST groups.

I like this a lot but will be stcking to my two Spidey comiquettes (reg & JSC). In my opinion no one has yet outdone the SSC Comiquette, just love that. But this is a mighty fine Spidey as well!

After P1 reveal their Spidey. Then I will decide which one to PO.

I like this a lot but will be stcking to my two Spidey comiquettes (reg & JSC). In my opinion no one has yet outdone the SSC Comiquette, just love that. But this is a mighty fine Spidey as well!

Yep, the OG COM still does it for me after all these years. That's my favorite 1/4 scale Spidey statue. Sosa's Koto Spidey is another fave of mine. It's THE 1/6 scale Spidey for me. Those are the only 2 Spidey statues I own.

The P1 spidey is going to be the one to get. Trust me

Hmm ...this statement does not have much clout without pics. We shall see ....

I passed on this XM version already ...I'll pass on the P1 version too if doesn't meet expectations.

Back