[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those portraits turned out great Wolf and Mamba! Is that the paint job for all the portraits that they are sending out or did you guys have your heads custom painted? It looks a lot more refined than the first painted pics that I saw earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those portraits turned out great Wolf and Mamba! Is that the paint job for all the portraits that they are sending out or did you guys have your heads custom painted? It looks a lot more refined than the first painted pics that I saw earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. The head comes painted like that.

image.jpg[/ATTACH]image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgComparison pics! Mine had a broken hair strand. But other than that she's amazing! Can't look at it enough. Now I really love this Phoenix statue a lot. No need for me to try to hide the original face at certain angles. Stunning work of art! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pics do this no justice in person it looks way better. The chin looks long in the pics but not in person imo. The head is a tiny bit little small but no biggie. I'm very picky and if it didn't work I would not keep it. This head works great with the big hair and pretty face. Love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
My post was deleted because I can't follow the Forum's For Sale Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold out in the first day I think or maybe the second. You will need to find someone willing to part with theirs. There was like 9 left when I got my order in. Should have it soon.

*snip*
Pics do this no justice in person it looks way better. The chin looks long in the pics but not in person imo. The head is a tiny bit little small but no biggie. I'm very picky and if it didn't work I would not keep it. This head works great with the big hair and pretty face. Love it!

Hey CBG, a suggestion. If you do not have a photo editor you can simply open the pics with paint to rotate the images and save them that way.

Hey CBG, a suggestion. If you do not have a photo editor you can simply open the pics with paint to rotate the images and save them that way.

Thanks believe it or not I don't even know how to do that. I will test out the sites options to try to figure it out. This head makes this statue fully complete now. I still can't see it enough daily. It's now up to the masters from ss head department for me. To me this is now the Phoenix I've always wanted. Simply beautiful facial features and huge puffy hair. Again pics do this no justice. In person it's insanely lovely for comic book style fans. I highly recommend this one. Yes the mule head is great too but yet to be seen after the paint and final product. They are really totally different styles in a great way. So now people can choose what they wish to have. For me this one since day 1 is more to my liking closer to the comic style I like. Heck if the mule head turns out to my liking I may buy that one too.

Glad I got that head, should be coming next week :) with the troy head whole new statue just WOW

Tired of looking at them sideways

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    14 KB · Views: 216
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 217
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 212
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 222
I'm late to the party, but just got this piece. It is a very large piece. Pictures dont show you the scale. What a well done work of art. The translucent resin was a good choice. I placed one LED puck inside the center of the Statue to illuminate the orange fiery resin. This is my second XM piece and really feel they are a strong competitor in the Statue market.

25539881210_c56bdc0d83_c.jpg

I am still not sold on that Troy portrait. IMO, the face is way too skinny and the forehead is too large. Sounds like they are getting a second batch this week. Hopefully mine is one of them. Hair doesn't look red, but auburn. I think it is too much on the brown side. Which will be an easy fix. I can just repaint it. But this portrait was EXPENSIVE, so it really should be perfect.

I tweaked the first headsculpt, i removed heart shaped hairline and heated up the hairpiece to close the gaps around her face. I also repaint the hair and the eyebrows
looks much better without the low forehead.

View attachment 249665

View attachment 249666
Looks great!

I simply can't manage to like this custom portrait. Not my cup of tea.

Yeah, IMO it really isn't Jean. I love Troy's work, but I am not sure his style was appropriate for the character.
He is really good at texture. Which works well for monsters, beasts and some male characters. Jean's face and hair should be smooth and flowing. This hair looks like sharp daggers.

We will see how it looks when I get mine. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the XM portraits, but in person I really like them. This could turn out the same.

Back