[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the custom head 3D printed? Which artist was it based on?

It was hand sculpted by Troy McDevitt and I think it was partially based off of the work of John Byrne though Iam judging that mostly from the hair sculpt. Troy's sculpt is killer and he does amazing traditional work. To my knowledge there is one more custom co into, and I still intend to do mine.... Though it is on the back burner for a bit till I finish a massive project.

I like it.

SDC12025.JPGSDC12026.jpgSDC12027.JPGSDC12028.JPGSDC12029.JPG
SDC12024.JPGSDC12023.JPG

Did anyone who ordered this from BBTS get their Phoenix from them yet? Their website has been showing this and other XM Studio pieces as "Preorder Sold Out" for months versus "Sold Out", the latter of which they usually use when all their allotment has already shipped.

I think a few people already got theirs from BBTS. I believe Wanderlai might have gotten his from there from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very disappointed with the custom Phoenix portrait, it showed up with a poor paint application, googly eyes, poorly painted lips and two broken hair pieces... I think this will be the last time I purchase a custom portrait, just not worth the money, especially when something like this shows up...

Custom%20Phoenix.jpg

Wow! Unacceptable. Return for another or get a full refund. The breakage can be blamed on shipping but that paint alone warrants the refund.

I'm very disappointed with the custom Phoenix portrait, it showed up with a poor paint application, googly eyes, poorly painted lips and two broken hair pieces... I think this will be the last time I purchase a custom portrait, just not worth the money, especially when something like this shows up...

Custom%20Phoenix.jpg

Wow...this is exactly what I was afraid of...and it wasn't cheap at all...sigh

Hope it works out at the end.

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets settled down.

I made fianl payment on mine early last week. If it comes like that, I'm going to freak. I can handle breakage, but those googly eyes are completely unacceptable.

I made fianl payment on mine early last week. If it comes like that, I'm going to freak. I can handle breakage, but those googly eyes are completely unacceptable.

+1. we are all getting it from the same place. I will ask for pics of mine before he ships it.

They gave me 100% refund, and were really cool about it and even apologized for the way it came out.... So their customer service is A+, given that, I would probably buy another portrait from them since they stand by their product... I don't blame them as it was just a poor job by the factory. Other people have posted a pretty good looking portrait so it looks like it's kind of a hit and miss thing..

BTW, it looks like these are being shipped directly from the factory to the customer. The shipping address on mine was from China.

They gave me 100% refund, and were really cool about it and even apologized for the way it came out.... So their customer service is A+, given that, I would probably buy another portrait from them since they stand by their product... I don't blame them as it was just a poor job by the factory. Other people have posted a pretty good looking portrait so it looks like it's kind of a hit and miss thing..

BTW, it looks like these are being shipped directly from the factory to the customer. The shipping address on mine was from China.

That's very good to know. I would really prefer a nice piece to a refund even after hearing many say it might be a shade small. I think it looks way better than what I have.

Glad to hear it and I'm sure others will feel a little more confident in buying from them in the future knowing they will stand by their product. :duff

Just got mine. Unfortunately it had the same hair piece (one on the left in your pic) laying in the baggie. Looks like it was not glued well. Paint app is good. Looks like they are going to take care of it. Going to think over the weekend to decide which direction I will go.

Just got mine. Unfortunately it had the same hair piece (one on the left in your pic) laying in the baggie. Looks like it was not glued well. Paint app is good. Looks like they are going to take care of it. Going to think over the weekend to decide which direction I will go.
Either the construction or packaging on this is weak.

Back