[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's understandable. However, I'm sure you are having him repainted with basically the same color scheme. You probably just want your Thanos to look exactly like you want in his blue and gold colors. Changing a statue from Phoenix to Dark Phoenix isn't quite the same thing. A repaint like that changes the character completely. Who knows what a change like that will do to the aftermarket price of the piece? IMO, that's a much bigger gamble. Not to say that someone won't do it but I haven't seen one repainted yet.

True, that's the problem though if it's the case. Going by "what can I sell this for in the future" versus "what do I really like". I'm sure someone will eventually post pictures of a repaint.

I tweaked the first headsculpt, i removed heart shaped hairline and heated up the hairpiece to close the gaps around her face. I also repaint the hair and the eyebrows
looks much better without the low forehead.

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

It looks pretty good. I think her head on that custom is too small though...

It kinda looks that way to me too from those pictures, but I remember a lot of pictures of the XM heads looking exactly the same way. I'm getting this so I hope it's the right size.

It looks pretty good. I think her head on that custom is too small though...

I do think it's a little bit too small. However the size of the custom head is about the same as the size of the XM heads. But then again some people think XM heads are a little bit too small.

For me the head size of this custom doesn't take away the awesomeness of the sculpt and the overall look of the statue, overall it looks great, it's definitely an improvement to my Phoenix statue.

I do think it's a little bit too small. However the size of the custom head is about the same as the size of the XM heads. But then again some people think XM heads are a little bit too small.

For me the head size of this custom doesn't take away the awesomeness of the sculpt and the overall look of the statue, overall it looks great, it's definitely an improvement to my Phoenix statue.
So, you think it actually is too small? How could they let that happen, especially since there was always some concern about the original heads?

So, you think it actually is too small? How could they let that happen, especially since there was always some concern about the original heads?

Just a tiny bit too small, maybe because her boobs are too big lol. Seriously though I have no issue with it, if you have this one coming, it's best to wait and see it yourself as everyone looks at things differently. One thing for sure she is a beauty, much better than the XM heads IMO.

Back