[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasn't it always been from the beginning that the customer would handle shipping costs? I know that might suck if you got it new with an issue, but their policy on fixing things extended to issues throughout the life of the statue. Maybe they don't want to differentiate.

Actually I bought from ST and I have to say. U need to scream at them if you want reply.

Only way you will get a response from simplytoys is to call their Singapore stores. I finally got my xm Phoenix shipped after I threatened to fly there and bring the local authority to their store.

They never answer emails or send one generic reply then ignore you for months and their online preorder shipping is a total disaster. No one seem to know what's going on, it's all setup to deal with local customers who just goto their store to pay and pick it up in person.

I will never buy another item from simplytoys including xm even if it's much cheaper. Just not worth it.

I didn't have any communication issues on my XM Phoenix PO from ST but I haven't heard anything about my XM Thanos yet. I am not sure if anyone else has already had their Thanos shipped from ST. Thankfully I am not in a hurry.

Only way you will get a response from simplytoys is to call their Singapore stores. I finally got my xm Phoenix shipped after I threatened to fly there and bring the local authority to their store.

They never answer emails or send one generic reply then ignore you for months and their online preorder shipping is a total disaster. No one seem to know what's going on, it's all setup to deal with local customers who just goto their store to pay and pick it up in person.

I will never buy another item from simplytoys including xm even if it's much cheaper. Just not worth it.

why you got it so late?? i have her a month ago, but there is issue and they can never help me until I ask for bryan help myself. been a month and still not answer for my replacement from simple toys. yes, they sucks.

I didn't have any communication issues on my XM Phoenix PO from ST but I haven't heard anything about my XM Thanos yet. I am not sure if anyone else has already had their Thanos shipped from ST. Thankfully I am not in a hurry.

They have been shipping out Thanos for about a month now.

Changed the portrait, I love this statue so much.

25354756655_f7fcb58f8a_h.jpg

25328558386_4469988250_h.jpg

25059147660_f0f33cc92f_h.jpg

25354759365_0594978283_h.jpg

Cool collection Gamegod. I agree. I love that portrait, with it I think she is perfect. I actually considered selling mine this last week and was trying to justify that I could get the new DP by SS but as I looked at her I just fell in love all over. This piece just has so much presence which is appropriate for the Phoenix. I couldn't imagine replacing this piece with the SS piece now.

Cool collection Gamegod. I agree. I love that portrait, with it I think she is perfect. I actually considered selling mine this last week and was trying to justify that I could get the new DP by SS but as I looked at her I just fell in love all over. This piece just has so much presence which is appropriate for the Phoenix. I couldn't imagine replacing this piece with the SS piece now.

For me the Phoenix makes this statue a must for me, i love it. The sideshow is not for me. I want the Phoenix to be part of my collection, that is why i decided to go with the XM statue.

Early today before coming to work I looked at my Phoenix and thought: "Hm maybe I should change her portrait for a while." then I looked at the angry portrait which is already displayed and thought "Hmmm... no.". This angry portrait is the best. Love it.

Early today before coming to work I looked at my Phoenix and thought: "Hm maybe I should change her portrait for a while." then I looked at the angry portrait which is already displayed and thought "Hmmm... no.". This angry portrait is the best. Love it.

It really is. I'm glad we have 3 options for display, but the angry is by far the best imo.

Just curious, has anyone done a repaint yet?

It really is. I'm glad we have 3 options for display, but the angry is by far the best imo.

Just curious, has anyone done a repaint yet?

I don't think it's easy to repaint a statue that initially costs most peeps almost a G to acquire. Also, since SSC has put up Dark Phoenix for PO, maybe peeps considering a repaint are just picking that up and keeping their Phoenix green.

I don't think it's easy to repaint a statue that initially costs most peeps almost a G to acquire. Also, since SSC has put up Dark Phoenix for PO, maybe peeps considering a repaint are just picking that up and keeping their Phoenix green.

Mmm I wouldn't necessarily say that. I spent over a grand on my Thanos and I'm currently having it repainted :)

I believe there MAY have been a repaint into a Dark Phoenix BEFORE SSC announced theirs, but I am not entirely sure

I know I saw a few PS pics someone did but I don't recall seeing any real painted pics. I've been tinkering with the idea but still on the fence. I saw someone on FB selling just the three heads/sculpt alone.

Mmm I wouldn't necessarily say that. I spent over a grand on my Thanos and I'm currently having it repainted :)

That's understandable. However, I'm sure you are having him repainted with basically the same color scheme. You probably just want your Thanos to look exactly like you want in his blue and gold colors. Changing a statue from Phoenix to Dark Phoenix isn't quite the same thing. A repaint like that changes the character completely. Who knows what a change like that will do to the aftermarket price of the piece? IMO, that's a much bigger gamble. Not to say that someone won't do it but I haven't seen one repainted yet.

There has been indeed a repaint on XM Phoenix to Dark Phoenix as well as a repaint on her normal portrait (not the angry, not the calm either), which came out incredible actually, but unfortunately I don't seem to remember where on Facebook I saw the pics to post them here.

Back