[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its going for about just over cost right now, a good time to buy if your thinking about grabbing it. I suspect within a few months the ones with good prices will be picked up and the market will prob go back up to that 1600-1800 it was selling at before.

As for the SS dark phoenix, I dont see how it could compete... the XM has such a elegance and presence to it. Out of my whole collection its the only piece that almost falls into an "Artistic" category its so well done.
SS will prob just slap some boring careless base beneath her... Something simple so that they can re make it easily and cheaply with who knows how many diff "variants" of the same sculpt.

I have the option of buying one for $1350 shipped with coin.... so tempting, but I have to see how Dark Phoenix looks on Thursday before I bite.
If it has the coin, $1350 is a great deal. That is just $100 more than I paid at 'cost + shipping'. The clear phoenix behind her is amazing in person!

If it has the coin, $1350 is a great deal. That is just $100 more than I paid at 'cost + shipping'. The clear phoenix behind her is amazing in person!

I think the dark Phoenix PF will have a slight effect on the value of this statue but that shouldn't deter people from getting this. She is amazing! That being said the SSC dark Phoenix looks great too and I'm leaning towards picking that up too.

Looking at the price of new SSC Phoenix, XMs initial price was just about the same category...

Don't mean to butt in, but $1250 seems pretty high if you paid cost plus shipping. My total was around $900 (got prestige price). Even if you paid full retail, the statue should have been around $700 before shipping.

Don't mean to butt in, but $1250 seems pretty high if you paid cost plus shipping. My total was around $900 (got prestige price). Even if you paid full retail, the statue should have been around $700 before shipping.

$1250 is a tad high. I think mine was a smidge over 1k inc shipping.

I should have clarified, I preordered from a US source so I didn't get a direct "retail price" in SD (I think direct retail from SD was $720 in US); $900 was the cost of the statue from my US source (he was able to get five Phoenix) then $335 Fedex international shipping. I was a bit shocked at the Fedex shipping and called to confirm and the actual shipping cost was $332.18. So yes, if you were ordering direct from a Singapore source, you would have had a lower 'retail' price and I did pay a higher preorder cost because I ordered from a US source.

I own this and I actually rather have 3 Dark Phoenix from SS than XM. May just be that I'm in a bad mood and XM has been rather terrible with answering back to an issue I have with my Phoenix. Eh whatever. I may lose quite a bit, but I may just sell off my Phoenix.

I own this and I actually rather have 3 Dark Phoenix from SS than XM. May just be that I'm in a bad mood and XM has been rather terrible with answering back to an issue I have with my Phoenix. Eh whatever. I may lose quite a bit, but I may just sell off my Phoenix.
What's the issue?

What's the issue?

One of the magnets was weak and wasn't a problem. Took her apart to get cleaned and with a when I pulled off the portrait, her arm just slipped out and fell. Broke 2 fingers and a piece of her glove. Been trying to see if I can pay for a replacement, or if they could just replace it. I've gotten nothing for 2 weeks now. Tried SF and FB, and nothing. Also got a buddy with a Ms. Marvel issue and he asked a question back in mid November and they still never got back to him. I'm assuming they are shutting out US buyers. Legally I can see why they would maybe do that, however no one bought these directly from them.

Like I said, maybe cause I'm in a bad mood that happening, and maybe because I love Harbottle's work. :lol

One of the magnets was weak and wasn't a problem. Took her apart to get cleaned and with a when I pulled off the portrait, her arm just slipped out and fell. Broke 2 fingers and a piece of her glove. Been trying to see if I can pay for a replacement, or if they could just replace it. I've gotten nothing for 2 weeks now. Tried SF and FB, and nothing. Also got a buddy with a Ms. Marvel issue and he asked a question back in mid November and they still never got back to him. I'm assuming they are shutting out US buyers. Legally I can see why they would maybe do that, however no one bought these directly from them.

Like I said, maybe cause I'm in a bad mood that happening, and maybe because I love Harbottle's work. :lol

Them not responding very well to replacement pieces is actually all too familiar with them. I know some guys still waiting a month and a half on a replacement piece response.

Them not responding very well to replacement pieces is actually all too familiar with them. I know some guys still waiting a month and a half on a replacement piece response.

Which is crazy. I remember their stellar customer service when they first started. And it's only been like 2 years, and then turned to this?! It's absurd to me. At least SS has the decency to email me in 2 days that I'm ****ed out of options at least.

Oh damn! That really hurts especially on a very amazing piece like this. Sorry to hear. Keep trying to get a hold of them somehow. GL!

Which is crazy. I remember their stellar customer service when they first started. And it's only been like 2 years, and then turned to this?! It's absurd to me. At least SS has the decency to email me in 2 days that I'm ****ed out of options at least.

Actually I don't think they have ever had great customer service. its been a problem from the beginning. I used to try and contact them a long time ago and just stopped bothering as never got any response. They eventually said it was due to understaffing, but wouldn't pay for someone to handle it. You just don't hear about it much, because their QC has been pretty high and they haven't had to get much replaced.

You probably already tried but try to hear from the guy who sent you Phoenix instead of XM directly

Strange stories, there was never a problem to contact XM for things like a replacement. I can´t
see any change from the start.

Contact the seller and he contact XM, easy way.

The reason for longer waiting for a replacement is easy and perfect at the same time. They
never produce more pieces, they produce a replacement if it´s needed.

Back