[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one neat head sculpt, Troy is one of my favourite artists.
Since everybody seems to be showing his cards, I'll follow route.

This is the custom Jean head I've commissioned around a month ago, pretty much finished now, just waiting for the quote from the factory so it can go into production. First time it's been shown to the public. Will be made by one of the best factories around and will be painted locally by a pro painter (or multiple pro painters if the demand is higher than expected). Digital paint up is still a bit raw but gives the idea - aiming for realistic natural skin tones, it's going to be more similar to Iron Studios' paint app than the usual comic style paint used on most comic statues.
Will come in two versions - with and without iris, customers will be able to pick the one they prefer, or both (considering doing a bundle package for those picking both versions). Looking into some extra nice features.

Keep in mind this isn't 100% finished, I'm still waiting for the factory to know if tweaks are needed, i.e. skin texturing might need to be toned down a bit depending on printing and molding/casting.
Will keep you updated with a few better pics in the next couple of days, in the meanwhile feel free to contact me.

58pL4PR.jpg

hHnpZ6y.jpg

TYhewRE.jpg

48qISua.jpg

Amazing project! Love the lifelike sculpt and paint! Keep me updated!

Well the head is being done by Troy McDevitt and it looks awesome

View attachment 215697

It has been commissioned by a member here, Tavegg, but he doesn't log on here anymore. I have the info if you are interested in it. However, I can't guarantee how many he will have available. I am just trying to help out my fellow Freaks.

Edit: The ES is 100 and there are only 48 left and this went on sale this morning. This will be sold out by this evening as it still hasn't been shown on the LARGEST FB groups

Where's the link to get this Troy custom head? What else has he done before?

Before I jump into a custom head, how do you guys feel about the Artgerm head.
21800754599_3a1353e3e6_b.jpg

Not my pic

I think it looks ok. Honestly, its the least favorite of the 3 heads for me(don't have it in hand so that might change when I get her). Still, not terrible by any means...just not my preference. Clearly its painted very well so up close, looks fantastic!

I wished XM would contract with Troy to do one head for all their statues. It'd save me so much money buying these customs.

Most all of the faces look good, it's just the expressions on them that are meh. Add to that that the hair on artgerm's portrait is a very lame looking sculpt (and paint job), and it just comes out as an "I don't need it" portrait in the box.

I wished XM would contract with Troy to do one head for all their statues. It'd save me so much money buying these customs.

Imho, his Ravaged Wolverine portrait is the best Wolverine portrait out there, ever. I don't know for other characters, but when it comes to savage characters he's simply the best around.

Jebus I got PMs coming out the wazooo.... I have responded to all of them... if you don't have a response please resend

Hope it went through. but I did get a email from a guy. Spidey is the man! I've been whining about the phoenix heads forever. The originals are ok but not great like the other XM heads. What ever happen to it since the beautiful proto has been debated a million times. Even if it's a chip I would rather keep it that way for the production piece. But in the end it didn't happen. So a custom is the only way to make this perfect imo. I normally don't go for customs except the ones that looks better than the production and painted better as well. This guy is amazing! The old man mag is so well done it screams must have for me. I already know this will come out very good from past projects. Does he paint them as well? Again spidey thank you!!!!!! also will these have a ES written on them? These female heads are the biggest challenge to make pretty. Can't wait to see the full done pics.

Last edited:
I just sent NRD hope he responds back and confirms it. There's like 3 guy to go around kind of confusing. Waiting to hear a confirmation now...:pray: Love the hair how its taller than the originals. The eye eyes and lips hopefully will be painted nicely like the custom mags.

Back