[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the calm, more determined face. Definitely. Please do that one. If the angry one could be an extra head, great, but calm for the win other wise.

difficult to pick between the two until I know what the artgerm looks like.

but I think it would be even better if they just included all 3. BW will come with 3 portraits, so no reason they could not do the same here.

Why don't they throw in the refrigerator as well!:lol

Some things are just not enough for some it seems (that is not directed at you specifically Ambasah). But the comment can be made in a general statement.

Calm for me as well, keep angry for dark phoenix

You can best believe the angry face on Dark Phoenix will be MUCH MUCH more angrier. In fact, I don't think the face on the Green Phoenix is angry at all....I would say perturbed.

Angry is mouth open, snarl like. Phoenix (the Dark One) has definitely done that one in the past. Also, the black lines in Phoenix face I have seen at times would also make that portrait even more enraged.

She's beautiful when determined and calm. Not so when angry. I'd rather this be a beautiful statue.

I don't like the furrowed brow portrait, prefer the calm.

However, I feel like this is a false binary, that it's either angry or calm. Phoenix is by it's very nature, a force of emotion. It's an overwhelming fire and plays on passion. The calm face is beautifully rendered and would look fantastic, but when I think Phoenix I think anything but serene. I think passionate and intense. That doesn't have to denote angry. The transition from Phoenix to Dark Phoenix isn't from calm to angry, it's from powerful, passionate and humane to powerful, overwhelmed and detached.

Calm if I had to choose, something in the middle would be interesting.

Yeah fer sure. I have all of art germs prints saved to my computer!! He's probably one of my favorite if not favorite artist around. I want to see it sculpted brother!!

Me too, I love artgerm's work. But if we are indeed getting the head in the sketch, then it's very similar to the Sosa calm head, I would pick the rage one instead then. But, in the end, I have to see all 3 for me to pick between these 2 hehe.

Me too, I love artgerm's work. But if we are indeed getting the head in the sketch, then it's very similar to the Sosa calm head, I would pick the rage one instead then. But, in the end, I have to see all 3 for me to pick between these 2 hehe.

Exactly why I want to see that damn artgerm portrait!

Why don't they throw in the refrigerator as well!:lol

Some things are just not enough for some it seems (that is not directed at you specifically Ambasah). But the comment can be made in a general statement.

lol, no worries. I guess we can always have an additional head commissioned if the need arisies...

I prefer the "calm" between the two, assuming the third head will be significantly different than both.

I like the angry head as I don't really see it as angry, just a look of determination and focus as she's having to use her powers to fight the sentinels.

Calm of course.

You guys are hilarious. All week I been reading nothing but complaints about wanting a more determined or angry face.

Back