[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The entire statue looks phenomenal, the face is very lack lust when compared to the statue. If they did a switch out so one hand was on her head and her face was grimacing... That'd be epic

You have a call coming in savage

post-38013-what-where-are-you-are-you-dru-Ehlt.gif

SS Jean Grey PF:
Jim-Lee-Jean-Grey-Premium-Format-Figure-Statue-on-Base-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-e1397592764837.jpg

with a little bit of help from Wayne and Garth to spice things up...
waynes-world_o_gifsoup-com_.gif

XM Studios Jean Grey Phoenix PF:
10428189_1396840453869983_2856991378180848570_o.jpg

39743-Waynes-world-she-will-be-mine-kUyI.gif

I am going to take a rough estimate that this Phoenix statue is going to be close to 3 feet tall and priced higher than the other 1/4 XM statues.

You have a call coming in savage

post-38013-what-where-are-you-are-you-dru-Ehlt.gif

LMAO. HAHAHA

I don't mean it's a bad face. Just when you look at the body looseness and flow, then you get to the tight puckering face. I feel like a camera man just yelled "vogue" and she is taking some model shots. Haha. I just think with her crazy free form body motion, the head would look better with a little grimace/attitude smile with one eyebrow up.

Can't agree more that it's far superior to the SS jean.

LMAO. HAHAHA

I don't mean it's a bad face. Just when you look at the body looseness and flow, then you get to the tight puckering face. I feel like a camera man just yelled "vogue" and she is taking some model shots. Haha. I just think with her crazy free form body motion, the head would look better with a little grimace/attitude smile with one eyebrow up.

I think its more the head would give her a little more personality if she had a slight furl of the brow or spry smile. Damn I actually agree with that assessment. But even without a change in the face, her head and face is great the way it is!

I've never seen this Jean Grey as cocky or arrogant though. She is usually reserved and more stoic in my mind. Now ROGUE should have some cockiness to her face. Goodnight Sugah!!

SS Jean Grey PF:
Jim-Lee-Jean-Grey-Premium-Format-Figure-Statue-on-Base-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-e1397592764837.jpg

with a little bit of help from Wayne and Garth to spice things up...
waynes-world_o_gifsoup-com_.gif

XM Studios Jean Grey Phoenix PF:
10428189_1396840453869983_2856991378180848570_o.jpg

39743-Waynes-world-she-will-be-mine-kUyI.gif

It is funny that the pose is very similar, but that XM has seemed to take it just that much further to give to give it an elegant flow. However, we shall see if they can do that with the proto and than production. I won't lie the whole thing screams brackage to me.

Wow so much better than the SS jean grey. The bird in the back makes this so cool!

Phoenix CBG... The name is n the title of the thread.... It isn't some generic bird...:smack:

LMAO. HAHAHA

Lacks expression and lack luster are tw different things my friend....lol... And...

I think its more the head would give her a little more personality if she had a slight furl of the brow or spry smile. Damn I actually agree with that assessment. But even without a change in the face, her head and face is great the way it is!

I've never seen this Jean Grey as cocky or arrogant though. She is usually reserved and more stoic in my mind. Now ROGUE should have some cockiness to her face. Goodnight Sugah!!

The problem with throwing to many lines or to much expression on the female face is A) you risk seriously agin it, and B) it can look damn ugly really fast.... Just look at the Jean PF Ex face.

It is funny that the pose is very similar, but that XM has seemed to take it just that much further to give to give it an elegant flow. However, we shall see if they can do that with the proto and than production. I won't lie the whole thing screams brackage to me.

Phoenix CBG... The name is n the title of the thread.... It isn't some generic bird...:smack:

Lacks expression and lack luster are tw different things my friend....lol... And...

The problem with throwing to many lines or to much expression on the female face is A) you risk seriously agin it, and B) it can look damn ugly really fast.... Just look at the Jean PF Ex face.

Without question, I would rather take the face the way it is. I have been highly outspoken towards one or two people on the XM facebook page about keeping the face the way it is. I think most people are thinking this is supposed to be the Dark Phoenix, and that is far from this sculpt. I was trying to say that Green Phoenix is under control, and not in a fierce primal mode so to speak. The Green version always strikes me as reserved, non-cocky. I don't think this Phoenix needs an angry face at all. That persona doesn't behoove me as Jean Gray.

Save the angry face for the Dark Phoenix I say.

However, with that being said, I can understand a slight expression of her face (raised eyebrown, something very slight like that). I am quite the opposite of you in regards to the SS Jean face. That is not the problem at all. I actually envision Jean as more tall and elongated face like Uma Thurman, Famke like. The XM Phoenix comes across as a more beautiful sex model type lady (which is fine by me...she looks gorgeous). The problem with SS is that GOD AWFUL choice of costume and even worse....the POSE!!!! I mean really? That's what SS came up with after 10 years of collectibles?

Pheonix should have a serene, at peace, face. This looks achieved and it looks to match Artgerm's art.

An angry face would only work with dark pheonix.

Without question, I would rather take the face the way it is. I have been highly outspoken towards one or two people on the XM facebook page about keeping the face the way it is. I think most people are thinking this is supposed to be the Dark Phoenix, and that is far from this sculpt. I was trying to say that Green Phoenix is under control, and not in a fierce primal mode so to speak. The Green version always strikes me as reserved, non-cocky. I don't think this Phoenix needs an angry face at all. That persona doesn't behoove me as Jean Gray.

Save the angry face for the Dark Phoenix I say.

However, with that being said, I can understand a slight expression of her face (raised eyebrown, something very slight like that). I am quite the opposite of you in regards to the SS Jean face. That is not the problem at all. I actually envision Jean as more tall and elongated face like Uma Thurman, Famke like. The XM Phoenix comes across as a more beautiful sex model type lady (which is fine by me...she looks gorgeous). The problem with SS is that GOD AWFUL choice of costume and even worse....the POSE!!!! I mean really? That's what SS came up with after 10 years of collectibles?

Have you seen Sentinel pose, dancing catwalk robot :rotfl

Yeah this is how a Jean should be done Sideshow. Took years for ya'll to phone one in.

This piece is the exact opposite, well designed: has a beautiful base, has a gorgeous face, and dyanmic pose.

Back