[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want Storm in her black costume. I'm fairly certain I can work around anything else. My biggest challenge then would be eating a 90's Lee Cyclops. Man, I HATE that costume with a passion.

The original black or a later one? Most of her costumes have been black...the classic and modern punk, Australian outback costume, modern costume, Avengers/FF costume, etc...

As for the original I think SS did excellent with their original Storm PF. I probably would've tweaked some of the facial work and made the cape comic accurate, but the EX head, the pose and the backside were on point. I'd like this Phoenix but not sure about ordering yet. But having Classic Storm and Phoenix displayed together is a dream (along with a Classic Nightcrawler).

Doc, I was right there with you until "Emma".

Lol.

The original black or a later one? Most of her costumes have been black...the classic and modern punk, Australian outback costume, modern costume, Avengers/FF costume, etc...

As for the original I think SS did excellent with their original Storm PF. I probably would've tweaked some of the facial work and made the cape comic accurate, but the EX head, the pose and the backside were on point. I'd like this Phoenix but not sure about ordering yet. But having Classic Storm and Phoenix displayed together is a dream (along with a Classic Nightcrawler).

I'd like a classic black costume. I know that XM will take liberties with whatever costume they choose for her (they did with Mags and Wolvie) but I'd like to see Storm in some variation of Byrne's costume if possible. I'd even be willing to buy SSC's Storm PF. That was a nice PF that came very close to nailing the Byrne costume. Only someone who is an X-MEN nut (like us) would know that the cape isn't 100% comic accurate. The cape is something I could easily work around. Bottom line, if I don't like the XM Storm, I have no problem picking up the PF in the aftermarket.

The 2 biggest issues for me will be Cyke and Storm if I want to stick to the XM lineup. Storm has to be in her black costume and Cyclops has to be in a classic costume. Now that I think about it, Cyke is actually more critical than Storm. I absolutely HATE the Lee Cyclops costume and there is no other 1/4 classic alternatives for him. I can always just pick up the Storm PF if I'm not happy with the XM release. However, I'm stuck with Cyke if XM goes with the Lee costume. The SSC PF is also in the Lee era.

Bottom line, I just have to wait it out. I was very excited for awhile when I saw Phoenix and thought we were finally going to get an 80's style lineup. Now, my excitement has dimmed and I'm stuck in wait and see mode.

I would like a different Cyclops outfit. The Lee version has been the go to for a while now

It's what Marvel wants

Not necessarily. Bryan from XM already said that Marvel wants the X-MEN in their classic costumes but he also said that allows them to choose between the Byrne era and the Lee era. Marvel considers both of those eras to be classic X-MEN it seems. Obviously a Byrne era lineup can happen. Phoenix is from that era specifically. Also, the Storm PF is from that era too. She wasn't in her white 90's Lee costume. So, their is some leeway as to which costumes/eras can be used.

Not necessarily. Bryan from XM already said that Marvel wants the X-MEN in their classic costumes but he also said that allows them to choose between the Byrne era and the Lee era. Marvel considers both of those eras to be classic X-MEN it seems. Obviously a Byrne era line up can happen. Phoenix is from that era specifically. Also, the Storm PF is from that era too. She wasn't in her white 90's Lee costume. So, their is some leeway as to which costumes/eras can be used.

Marvel will still get the final okay though

Marvel will still get the final okay though

It always does. However, Bryan has already said XM has the leeway to chose from the 80's or 90's costumes. It's obvious because we have seen a classic Phoenix by XM and a classic Storm PF by SSC. SSC just wanted to make a Lee line. It's understandable. Lots of Lee X-MEN fans out there.

It always does. However, Bryan has already said XM has the leeway to chose from the 80's or 90's costumes. It's obvious because we have seen a classic Phoenix by XM and a classic Storm PF by SSC. SSC just wanted to make a Lee line. It's understandable. Lots of Lee X-MEN fans out there.

Many of the younger fans who picked up the XMen in the 90s are just more familiar with the Lee designs, and that includes those that came to love the XMen through the Lee cartoon. However, I agree a classic 80s set of designs would be nice to see.

Many of the younger fans who picked up the XMen in the 90s are just more familiar with the Lee designs, and that includes those that came to love the XMen through the Lee cartoon. However, I agree a classic 80s set of designs would be nice to see.

Yeah, that's all I'm really saying. SSC chose the Lee costumes. For all of the reasons you listed above. Hell, I'm a Lee fan too. I have his entire run on the X-MEN. It would just be nice to have something a little different and give the Byrne era some love too. I have and LOVE the SSC Wolvie Com. That piece is as classic as classic can get. He could use some company.

I'm kind of glad...:chase:medic

I'm not , I really hope they let them finish that Phoenix, the digital render is a thing of beauty ...The entire Xmen line has been put on hold :gah:https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=145797&page=12

"Now notice there's a distinct lack of X-Men in the roll out? Basically, there's been some franchise issues that Fox and Disney is working out so we have been advised to stop any X-men products until this is sorted out (hopefully soon!) We were lucky our Magneto and Yellow Wolverine got approved. Now we are very concerned about Phoenix... they have asked us to stop production for now. Man... we have invested so much time/costs and we know alot of you folks are
looking forward to it so we are praying hard they will let Pheonix go through as well. Am being extra extra nice to the Disney folks now - hope to push this through.

So having said that, all X-men characters are off for now - no Juggie, or Cyclops etc... gotta wait for the franchise rights to be sorted out. Sorry guys!"

Shorudan

Which sneaks? Can you share pics bro?

This one, I suppose.

10600404_1412573012296727_6781439785666430081_n.jpg

Back