[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Yeah, its weird, the photos dont do it justice until you see it in person/video and get the sense of scale and presence. Im really happy i added this to my collection. I have to be super picky too because i dont have lots or room which is good.

Fantastic review Chris. Well done and very detailed. You're honesty while reviewing a statue is greatly appreciated. That's rare in a review. Especially when a piece costs as much as this one did. She looks absolutely stunning in your review. Unfortunately, this is the XM piece that got away from me. At the time she became available to me there were some difficult things going on for me personally so I wasn't able to secure an order. Out of all of the wonderful statues XM has released, I wanted just 3 for my collection (the cost of XM pieces limits how many of them I can buy). Phoenix, Magneto, and Thanos are the three I really wanted. Was fortunate to score Mags and Thanos for my collection. Phoenix is the one that slipped through my fingers.

Congrats on scoring such an incredible looking statue. She's truly a magnificent piece in every way.

Fantastic review Chris. Well done and very detailed. You're honesty while reviewing a statue is greatly appreciated. That's rare in a review. Especially when a piece costs as much as this one did. She looks absolutely stunning in your review. Unfortunately, this is the XM piece that got away from me. At the time she became available to me there were some difficult things going on for me personally so I wasn't able to secure an order. Out of all of the wonderful statues XM has released, I wanted just 3 for my collection (the cost of XM pieces limits how many of them I can buy). Phoenix, Magneto, and Thanos are the three I really wanted. Was fortunate to score Mags and Thanos for my collection. Phoenix is the one that slipped through my fingers.

Congrats on scoring such an incredible looking statue. She's truly a magnificent piece in every way.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Sorry that you missed out on her. But at least you got Thanos and Magneto. Two of the best XM pieces available. I hope you one day get the chance to own her. She is indeed magnificent.

Will the new SS Dark Phoenix PF top this?

impossible. no one will make a better phoenix statue...that bird is untouchable.

While I highly doubt we'll see a better Phoenix, we have yet to see a full reveal of SSC's Dark Phoenix. Even so, they are different characters. However, I think it's safe to say that SSC's Dark Phoenix PF will look very similar to their green (and possibly white) Phoenix because we are bound to get the inevitable variants of those versions. A simple repaint to get new sales is just too easy and too juicy for SSC to resist. The demand for those variants will be there. I personally only want a green Phoenix so I'll wait to see what the variant will look like.

That all said, the XM Phoenix will always be special. The flaming bird, low ES, fantastic pose, and great QC will always set it apart. All of that plus a guarantee by XM that they will not release a variant of her, make it a very special piece. SSC will flood the market with thousands of their Phoenix PFs in at least 2 (possibly 3) versions of the character all based off the same design of their Dark Phoenix PF. We can easily see a Dark, green, and white Phoenix all based off the same sculpt from SSC. For me personally, this always takes away from the original sculpt when companies go down this road. I'd always rather see new and original sculpts than have variants released. In the end though, I'll reserve judgement until I see a full reveal of SSC's Phoenix. XM set the bar very high. I'll be impressed if SSC can even come close.

Will the new SS Dark Phoenix PF top this?

1418665605-anigif_enhanced-buzz-24735-1413123303-19.gif

That all said, the XM Phoenix will always be special. The flaming bird, low ES, fantastic pose, and great QC will always set it apart. All of that plus a guarantee by XM that they will not release a variant of her, make it a very special piece.

Amen to that bud. This Phoenix truly is a special one indeed. I'm very happy to have the opportunity to have her in my collection.

I wouldn't mind buying another one and having her painted. It's an absurd idea since these cost about 1500$ but I like the idea of it lol.

Amen to that bud. This Phoenix truly is a special one indeed. I'm very happy to have the opportunity to have her in my collection.

I wouldn't mind buying another one and having her painted. It's an absurd idea since these cost about 1500$ but I like the idea of it lol.

I don't think it's that absurd if you have the dough go for it. You can't rely on ssc delivering a worthy Dark Phoenix

Back