[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they do need some one in art department, who is confident of their own work,, there is never a perfect piece imo.. but taking advice from general population and adjusting bits and here is just not right,, and doesnt speak well of the company

they do need some one in art department, who is confident of their own work,, there is never a perfect piece imo.. but taking advice from general population and adjusting bits and here is just not right,, and doesnt speak well of the company

I thought that was Erick Sosa :dunno

i was like WTF?? both heads are looking bad, , i was regretting passing it when i saw the unpainted new head,, not so much now, i think the proportions are so off and making it looking weird,,, XM should learn to trust its own art dept and not depend on forum members for inputs, i feel this has been spoiled for now
I just hope they dont make too much changes on Ms marvel or She hulk

11289565_1558349157719111_6383749660435594082_o.jpg

Females , specially white beautiful ones have a bigger forehead and higher hairline,,,
I really dont care about this Phoenix as I dont have one on order, but this is a perfect example of too many cooks spoil the broth and I fear for the changes they bring to MS marvel and She hulk,,

I agree with what you're saying about the art department and needing confidence, but the real problem with this scenario was that NOBODY was complaining about the original head. NOBODY told them to change it, change the hair. They did that on their own and it ended up biting them in the ass with the outrage happening now. There was plenty of complaints about both of these heads for months and they still went ahead and did them this way.

I don't mind the hair on the angry head, but that lack of forehead is just terrible. When a woman grabs her hair to pull it up in a ponytail, there is no way her hairline starts so low. It just looks ridiculous.

As for the other head...well it's just far too soft and non-detailed. Very amateurish IMO which is not what I expect from this company. It looks more like a doll than a head for a high-end collectible statue.

Headsculpts are definitely their weakness. That and art direction with conviction.

Not cool imo. They said it in their mission statement that they want to get fan input and I think it seperates them from what is becoming a crowded hobby

As for the other head...well it's just far too soft and non-detailed. Very amateurish IMO which is not what I expect from this company. It looks more like a doll than a head for a high-end collectible statue.

Headsculpts are definitely their weakness. That and art direction with conviction.

I totally agree, dude. It literally looks as if they clipped the head off of a Barbie doll and utilized it for the calm head sculpt. They've gotta make it a mission to work on their head sculpts...especially their female portraits. Black Widow, Pepper, and now Phoenix...they all look like the heads of Barbie dolls to me. I don't know what happened...XM got the head sculpt right on the proto. It looked incredibly real. Then the production comes out and shazam....Barbie portrait.

Doesn't XM normally post in-progress pictures? Did they post any for this? If not, then it would've really helped the blow these collectors took.

From what I know the loss of Xmen had to be compensated in some form. If they had to pay rights and to find out its canceled, it fraudulent and certainly they would be reimbursed.

Black Widow from what I heard was just a few of em, I though less than 50 (?)

Depending how many they produced in this Phoenix batch(es) will determine if it really was a major hit.

The guys at XM are out the money for the XMen development... Pure and simple. The BW set back was several hundred long hair portraits, and the IM MK 42 was every single statue being overhauled. Trust me when I say the lost money on all of them.... Big time.

It isn't the company that it doesn't speak well of.....

I agree with what you're saying about the art department and needing confidence, but the real problem with this scenario was that NOBODY was complaining about the original head. NOBODY told them to change it, change the hair. They did that on their own and it ended up biting them in the ass with the outrage happening now. There was plenty of complaints about both of these heads for months and they still went ahead and did them this way.

I don't mind the hair on the angry head, but that lack of forehead is just terrible. When a woman grabs her hair to pull it up in a ponytail, there is no way her hairline starts so low. It just looks ridiculous.

XMs GREATEST advantages is that it makes their fans fell appreciated and involved in the community, BUT their greatest weakness are those same fans. While no one asked XM to change the Portraits here they did BEG for the Phoenix to be clear resin, which started this whole thing. They had to change the position of the bird to be more straight because the resin would bend over time, which meant they had to change the hair sculpt..... And then we were off to the races. Anyone who doesn't get that them listening to their fans brought this all on hasn't been paying attention. At this point they should be sticking with these headsculpts, but they won't. They are going o take a serious hit on this one, and after 9-10 months of development and a NEED to get money in and pieces OUT it is a hit and a delay that is going to hurt.

If fans want them to survive something will have to give eventually.

While no one asked XM to change the Portraits here they did BEG for the Phoenix to be clear resin, which started this whole thing. They had to change the position of the bird to be more straight because the resin would bend over time, which meant they had to change the hair sculpt.....

This has been clarified numerous times, that the material used for the bird was not the issue... XM said it would lean either way with the original position... So unfortunately the hair/head sculpt had to change, regardless of the bird's material :(

Why would they sabotage their own products??

I was only interested in their xmen line and it appears that now it is on an indefinite hiatus..

So wen those she get green eyes?
And what will happen to the angery head sculpt it will go back to the original sculpt, oké fine but what about the calm sculpt what will happen to that i think that 1 is worse then the angery?

Also I hope we wont regret this later on sometimes you need to have the piece to say awesome and the angery head hair up looked promising, time will tell I am gonna trust XM and you guys on this and Lets go back to the original head.

The guys at XM are out the money for the XMen development... Pure and simple. The BW set back was several hundred long hair portraits, and the IM MK 42 was every single statue being overhauled. Trust me when I say the lost money on all of them.... Big time.

It isn't the company that it doesn't speak well of.....

XMs GREATEST advantages is that it makes their fans fell appreciated and involved in the community, BUT their greatest weakness are those same fans. While no one asked XM to change the Portraits here they did BEG for the Phoenix to be clear resin, which started this whole thing. They had to change the position of the bird to be more straight because the resin would bend over time, which meant they had to change the hair sculpt..... And then we were off to the races. Anyone who doesn't get that them listening to their fans brought this all on hasn't been paying attention. At this point they should be sticking with these headsculpts, but they won't. They are going o take a serious hit on this one, and after 9-10 months of development and a NEED to get money in and pieces OUT it is a hit and a delay that is going to hurt.

If fans want them to survive something will have to give eventually.

Actually, they were changing the position of the bird even before they announced they were making the whole thing resin. It was happening regardless so they can't really use that as an excuse.

yea, I haven't vocalized as much as of late but the newest calm head with the new hair does looks pretty bland IMO. The head they showed before PO was still the best head and hair combo by far. I do like the angry new head though. I think the calm head looked good in sculpt phase but painted its just missing something...there's no emotion or expression. I like the new clear resin on the phoenix. I would be content if they gave us the original angry head and the new angry head even though the face would be the same.

This has been clarified numerous times, that the material used for the bird was not the issue... XM said it would lean either way with the original position... So unfortunately the hair/head sculpt had to change, regardless of the bird's material :(

Actually, they were changing the position of the bird even before they announced they were making the whole thing resin. It was happening regardless so they can't really use that as an excuse.

Actually in one of Bryan's statements he said than the position change was mainly because of the change to clear resin

A long time ago they showed two heads that looked just about perfect IMO. Collector response was very positive, with comments being mostly about serene vs. angry face (I personally liked the serene with the hair down and angry with the hair more fierce). Since then there have been changes after changes and the anime influence seems to have crept in. She seems to have gone from being a woman in her 20s to a 14-year-old. Not to mention the size seems a bit small. I really don't know what's going on with it. Still a beautiful piece overall and I'm glad to have it coming, but at this point if the course doesn't change I'm starting to bank more and more on hope that there will be a one or two commissioned heads that get it back to the original aesthetic.

Actually in one of Bryan's statements he said than the position change was mainly because of the change to clear resin

I guess it's up to interpretation... whether his comment implied it would eventually lean anyway, or would eventually lean after the resin swap, is unclear, at least to me, now that I re-read his comment...

Hey folks, there have been questions about Phoenix's final face sculpts and hair. Here's the low down. In the original PO photos, the Fiery bird was too angled which runs the risk of leaning over time so we had to straighten it up.

I guess it's up to interpretation... whether his comment implied it would eventually lean anyway, or would eventually lean after the resin swap, is unclear, at least to me, now that I re-read his comment...

Hey folks, there have been questions about Phoenix's final face sculpts and hair. Here's the low down. In the original PO photos, the Fiery bird was too angled which runs the risk of leaning over time so we had to straighten it up.

You are right... I stand corrected. I believed it was particularly a resin issue.

Not cool imo. They said it in their mission statement that they want to get fan input and I think it seperates them from what is becoming a crowded hobby

I have no problem with fan input, but it should be when they are developing the prototype. Once up for preorder they should be no changes. If you like it, buy it. If you dont then pass

I have no problem with fan input, but it should be when they are developing the prototype. Once up for preorder they should be no changes. If you like it, buy it. If you dont then pass

I have to agree with this, and it really works both ways. It's possible for XM to make changes that would make me regret not PO'ing something, or if they make changes to something I've PO'ed and I dislike it, that sucks too. Really shouldn't happen, outside of extenuating circumstances, either way.

Mags and Jean are great examples. I don't care for Mags' face sculpt, so I'm glad they didn't change it, otherwise I'd regret not getting him :) . But Jean, I tried desperately to get her after her PO date had past. Now, had I gotten her, I'd be pissed that I'd have to deal with this issue...

Well since we get the old pre order head again I think we can cool down a bit again and just wait and see what they will do with the other head only thing that i am scared about is the green eyes now!

And tbh I am not mad at XM or crying over this atleast they trye and make us happy every time! And now people on FB are yelling stop being like sideshow, god please shut up with those lame comments. Jezus

Back