[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11289565_1558349157719111_6383749660435594082_o.jpg

Way better than the other imo.

11289565_1558349157719111_6383749660435594082_o.jpg

Females , specially white beautiful ones have a bigger forehead and higher hairline,,,
I really dont care about this Phoenix as I dont have one on order, but this is a perfect example of too many cooks spoil the broth and I fear for the changes they bring to MS marvel and She hulk,,

From SF:

XM STUDIOS
Producer

We will revert back to the angry face with hair down as shown in the PO so please expect delay in the released date

From SF:

XM STUDIOS
Producer

We will revert back to the angry face with hair down as shown in the PO so please expect delay in the released date

Oh man that will be an expensive fix.... I didn't think they could do that head give the change to the Phoenix. Now I think it is the right choice artistically, but from the business end this is going to hurt.

Oh man that will be an expensive fix.... I didn't think they could do that head give the change to the Phoenix. Now I think it is the right choice artistically, but from the business end this is going to hurt.

How is this going to be costly or expensive? They haven't started mass producing them.
All it is so far (im guessing) is that they're paying one or two sculptors a caster and a painter seeing they're still working on proto stage. Even if its 5 more guys somewhere its not that expensive considering the line of business and theyve already sold out nearly every statue. Even the time and effort it takes is still going to be worth it for them.

now if they gotta redo abit of the base to fit the hair, little more $$ and time stretching but still i think dey kewl.

from a money and time end, a tiny sting. But from a business end its the best. Theyre taking the patience to make the customer happy. Best business ever. Theyll still sell out future statues in days with a future aftermarket incease of 50-100%

How is this going to be costly or expensive? They haven't started mass producing them.

These were supposed to start shipping on the 29th of this month. Of course they've started mass producing them. I have to give major kudos for this move.

Hopefully, they don't have to do anything to the base. If the hair needs to be trimmed or repositioned in the back to avoid the bird, that should be enough.

All it is so far (im guessing) is that they're paying one or two sculptors a caster and a painter seeing they're still working on proto stage. Even if its 5 more guys somewhere its not that expensive considering the line of business and theyve already sold out nearly every statue. Even the time and effort it takes is still going to be worth it for them.

now if they gotta redo abit of the base to fit the hair, little more $$ and time stretching but still i think dey kewl.

from a money and time end, a tiny sting. But from a business end its the best. Theyre taking the patience to make the customer happy. Best business ever. Theyll still sell out future statues in days with a future aftermarket incease of 50-100%

Those are production piece photos.... Which means this has already started BEING mass produced. Especially if they intended to have some shipped by the end of the month. So bare minimum we are talking the time and money to R&D the current heads and Pheonix, and the production of the molds. None of that is cheap. Now they have to fix the old head to fit, and they will tweak the head not the Phoenix, and then mold it and get it ready. There is then the delay in production. I will guess that this will cost them tens of thousands of dollars in lost time/development/materials/ and production delays. That on top of the IM 42 and BW production delays, and the XMen cancellations, and this company has lost a lot of money.

Last edited:
Flip hey

didnt realise the release date was so soon.
Still R&D time shouldnt be long considering how fast we have seen them whip up new ideas and sculpts in the past. Would be interesting to know who much this will cost them. Still love the choas (to a certain point). Shows how much a company is willing to go, i thought there was no going back but yet again XM proves its awesomeness. Very surprising. Their customer service is Grail like

Those are production piece photos.... Which means this has already started BEING mass produced. Especially if they intended to have some shipped by the end of the month. So bare minimum we are talking the time and money to R&D the current heads and Pheonix, and the production of the molds. None of that is cheap. Now they have to fix the old head to fit, and they will tweak the head not the Phoenix, and then mold it and get it ready. There is then the delay in production. I will guess that this will cost them tens of thousands of dollars in lost time/development/materials/ and production delays. That on top of the IM 42 and BW production delays, and the XMen cancellations, and this company has lost a lot of money.
It scares me that these sorts of things will lead XM to the inevitable conclusion, that collector input is hazardous to their health. In the future we will only get what they give us.

It scares me that these sorts of things will lead XM to the inevitable conclusion, that collector input is hazardous to their health. In the future we will only get what they give us.

Maybe but for now im pretty sure its paying off for them. Customer Interaction it seems is one of their most important top priorities. Itll hurt them if their product dont sell. But they all sell and sell damn quick.

so far so good i would think

I don't know. It might be costly for them, but man; XM has the love the people. People will support em, and I don't think they'll consider that bad investment.

I don't have a Phoenix, but I thought they should have stayed with the 2 PO heads. The faces look distorted and the hair is okay at best.

I don't know. It might be costly for them, but man; XM has the love the people. People will support em, and I don't think they'll consider that bad investment.

I don't have a Phoenix, but I thought they should have stayed with the 2 PO heads. The faces look distorted and the hair is okay at best.
Love of the people doesn't get the bills paid. I don't know what kind of profit margin they have, but a number of major hits can do in a business.

Love of the people doesn't get the bills paid. I don't know what kind of profit margin they have, but a number of major hits can do in a business.

That's not what I meant. People would do what they can to fund XM, if even that was necessary. Hell, i fund things that i enjoy and support, even if the investment seems small. With the loyalty XM has, they will be fine. Sure they also took many hits but they still have a good 8 or 9 pieces to be released, excluding any current concept art ones.

If they knock those out of the park like Magneto and Wolverine and Hawkeye; they are in good shape.

I think the cross roads theyre at atm is
1. no changes the major hit and
2. changes the lesser of major hits.

'major' being speculation

That's not what I meant. People would do what they can to fund XM, if even that was necessary. Hell, i fund things that i enjoy and support, even if the investment seems small. With the loyalty XM has, they will be fine. Sure they also took many hits but they still have a good 8 or 9 pieces to be released, excluding any current concept art ones.

If they knock those out of the park like Magneto and Wolverine and Hawkeye; they are in good shape.

Straight up

From what I know the loss of Xmen had to be compensated in some form. If they had to pay rights and to find out its canceled, it fraudulent and certainly they would be reimbursed.

Black Widow from what I heard was just a few of em, I though less than 50 (?)

Depending how many they produced in this Phoenix batch(es) will determine if it really was a major hit.

Back