XM Studios - New License Predator and Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see somebody make a 1/4 Dog in a standing pose.

For now, this will have to do:

iipsrv.fcgi

There is room to top the CM or even the dog piece. I personally don't care for the CM for various reasons and the dog could be improved with a better base and a pose that is less likely to lean.

I'd take the Sideshow Big Chap Maquette over the CM any day, don't care if the CM is signed by Giger.
While the Dog, that's my dream piece since I started collecting. It had its fair share of issues - leaning and the tail that breaks easily, especially through shipping - but the only real improvement of the piece I've seen is the repaint by Sano. But well, a repaint by Sano would improve almost anything I guess.

I'd take the Sideshow Big Chap Maquette over the CM any day, don't care if the CM is signed by Giger.
While the Dog, that's my dream piece since I started collecting. It had its fair share of issues - leaning and the tail that breaks easily, especially through shipping - but the only real improvement of the piece I've seen is the repaint by Sano. But well, a repaint by Sano would improve almost anything I guess.
At least the leaning is not threatening to the piece for falling over, my Predalien I got recently looks like it is about to fall over. The dog just sits lower on the base and then can't go anymore.

At least the leaning is not threatening to the piece for falling over, my Predalien I got recently looks like it is about to fall over. The dog just sits lower on the base and then can't go anymore.

True, plus I've seen this super easy fix for the leaning: small block under the knee, it takes nothing to paint it of that brown-ish rusty color of the base and no more leaning. Didn't know about the leaning Predalien, a friend of mine was about to buy it right in these days but he jumped on a Big Chap instead

14619949_10207195673873205_1803773212_n.jpg

I wouldn't assume that XM will not use mixed media. Excited for this, and for what CP may produce. Am really only after a good representation of the Predator in 1/4 and a 1/2 bust or 1/4 Alien. Preferably A3 or Aliens. Following Chronicle at the mo, so happy to wait. And, outside of the Wolf LSB, have yet to be impressed by anything Sideshow have produced for these licenses. Their new 1/4 Pred is shoddy imo

Nothing cloth, unless you count that new attempt at the wookie braids on Boba Fett as cloth.
Those are horrible. Too big and should have been sculpted to show flow/movement because that's what the subject is doing. I digress. I think you're right that this is their first attempt at anything cloth/fabric based.

Given the relative ease of producing body-netting, I'd be surprised if XM didn't, that's all. I'd also bet on a Big Chap 1/4 statue; I doubt their Alien license will cover the sequels.

Back