XM Studios - New License Predator and Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You asked at the ICC, Asdf?
Any chance you asked about Alien too? (Am I the only one excited for Alien? I don't have 3000$ for the Dog Alien Maquette :monkey3 )

Remember also we have coolprops entering the statue market soon (and potentially Prime 1) Hopefully we'll see lots of cool stuff, and price wars in our favor....

Prime hasn't even hinted at getting the license and Cool props doesn't seem to have anything new Predator related coming out anytime soon, so who knows if we will even see full statues from them. They'd have to hire a kick ass sculptor.

Can't wait to have to drop $2.5K just to get one of these imported. :rock

A bit lack of confidence too.
But it could be great news to fans that more A&P statues are coming.
Especially it's very unlikely for coolprops to pull out too many full body statues, since they only produce things which cast from the real movie maquette and there simply aren't that many options.
Don't think there is any P1 P2 maquette preserved from then and a very limit range of alien as well, a 1:3 dog, 1:4 queen dog maybe and the newborn we have seen.

there was no stop motion in any of the Pred movies, so there were no maquettes made from those. Our only hope is Prime 1, but I just don't see SS allowing them that license unless it's only 1/3 maquettes.

I only ask is it 1/4 scale. The owner nodded the head. I assume that's a yes. :lol

You asked at the ICC, Asdf?
Any chance you asked about Alien too? (Am I the only one excited for Alien? I don't have 3000$ for the Dog Alien Maquette :monkey3 )

I forgot to ask about Alien... But I hope for crouching pose alien, action ready to leap. =)

About time.
I asked them after seeing this picture, two years ago...

attachment-2.jpg

And got this responce...
Predator/Alien license you say..... Hmmmmm....
Been waiting for this news ever since

I'm very excited for new alien products especially if the my do a dog alien!

Im skeptical with the art direction for these to go true to the source since they mostly do comic statues As well as non usage of mixed media for pred. As for alien, no company can TOP the cinemaquette big chap signed and approved by the man himself. Hans ruedi, as well ss dog alien maquette lifted from adi's actual prop cast.these pieces are grails for no reason, this is the very line that sets an artistic interpreted piece vs an actual fine art collectible, imho

Im skeptical with the art direction for these to go true to the source since they mostly do comic statues As well as non usage of mixed media for pred. As for alien, no company can TOP the cinemaquette big chap signed and approved by the man himself. Hans ruedi, as well ss dog alien maquette lifted from adi's actual prop cast.these pieces are grails for no reason, this is the very line that sets an artistic interpreted piece vs an actual fine art collectible, imho
There is room to top the CM or even the dog piece. I personally don't care for the CM for various reasons and the dog could be improved with a better base and a pose that is less likely to lean.

Back