XM Studios Mystique 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More and more i am diggin this, I prefer this so much more over Sideshows..

Neither SS or XM hit a home run with Mystique, I think both are pretty good though but the one thing that looks really awkward is the revolvers with the silencers, can you even put silencers on revolvers? anyways the combination of the two look huge and distract from the statue IMO... so I went for XM Mystique even though she was $400 more.. but when you factor in all the switch outs including a second portrait, it does help justify the extra cost.

In regards to silencers on revolvers.. you can put them on but.. they don't work gas escapes around the cylinders. When i saw this i could not help but to laugh. Hollywood fail..

Neither SS or XM hit a home run with Mystique, I think both are pretty good though but the one thing that looks really awkward is the revolvers with the silencers, can you even put silencers on revolvers? anyways the combination of the two look huge and distract from the statue IMO... so I went for XM Mystique even though she was $400 more.. but when you factor in all the switch outs including a second portrait, it does help justify the extra cost.

I agree with everything you're saying, unfortunately I don't think either are definitive renditions so maybe that means I should hold off...

The silencer on revolver is ridiculous but doesn't bother me too much. Obviously longer hair would have made sideshow's version the winner for me. As I love the EX, and it's £500 cheaper, I think I might have to go for sideshow on balance. I know it displays well with mags and wolvie too

This is the first time I've seen the final product and this looks fantastic. I really like the pose and face sculpt. The base is perfection. I think the price will be worth it, but again, no rush nowadays. I think the demand for these pieces decrease shortly after release (and the price follows). It's just so much easier to get these on the secondary market for less than MSRP.

Nothing wrong with buying right away though. If you love it, get it. :rock

This is the first time I've seen the final product and this looks fantastic. I really like the pose and face sculpt. The base is perfection. I think the price will be worth it, but again, no rush nowadays. I think the demand for these pieces decrease shortly after release (and the price follows). It's just so much easier to get these on the secondary market for less than MSRP.

Nothing wrong with buying right away though. If you love it, get it. :rock

As I'm in the UK, I find that prices on xm pieces can be ridiculous and I feel i have to snap up a piece if I really like it. Having said that, if I get any xm x men it will be Cyclops, as I've decided on the SS mystique instead!

XM Studios News

"Our new photographer is doing an awesome job, what do you think? Come visit us at the XM booth to view this cool piece in person! A few more days away and a few more teasers coming up! Stay tune my friends!"

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

40932314_214251999263xgfmh.jpg

41073945_214251997930ftekl.jpg

40790105_2142519999309nc2b.jpg

40767834_214252007263g7dy9.jpg

41078772_214252007930hpce9.jpg

40772902_214252009930wmdlk.jpg

40931022_2142520162632jfiv.jpg

40888476_214252017596hxen7.jpg

Looks really nice, great swap out options including different length hair just to rub it in sideshow's faces lol I won't be picking this one up but congrats to all who are

Really good job with this piece! Can’t wait to see her at the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I'll get this one I like it. I just wish her shoes were a bit longer it looks like she has no toes.

Think I'll get this one I like it. I just wish her shoes were a bit longer it looks like she has no toes.

It's an illusion because of the very high heels she has on the shoes... Some high heel shoes will add a pointy tip to the shoe to make them look longer but the toes stop well short of the front of the shoe..

It's an illusion because of the very high heels she has on the shoes... Some high heel shoes will add a pointy tip to the shoe to make them look longer but the toes stop well short of the front of the shoe..

Someone's an expert on women's clothes :lol

XM Studios News

"... Raven Darkholme is not a woman to be trifled with."

"XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Mystique! The enigmatic, shape shifting and blue femme fatale mutant is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. A must have to any X-Men fan, add her to your collection today!

Little is known about Mystique's past due to the fact that she can eliminate the outward signs of aging with her shape-changing power, and it's not known exactly how old she is. She apparently learned to use her shape-changing power at a very early age, for there is no evidence known to the public or the government that Raven Darkholme ever looked like anything but a normal human being…"

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

18fcqr.jpg

512f3r.jpg

7noilx.jpg

8mcf4y.jpg

9k9exg.jpg

Don't think I'd get it, as I don't have room/plans for an Xmen collection, but this is very well done. A winner.

If Sideshow did the legs like this XM statue they would get flamed for it...the angles seem odd. I do like the XM better however but it is not double the price nicer. only issue is neither are an action image and my x-men stuff are going to be in action statues.

IMO this "glamour" pose just doesn't work for Mystique. she needs more of a "badass" pose

IMO this "glamour" pose just doesn't work for Mystique. she needs more of a "badass" pose

Is why I went for sideshow's version. Going to delay the final payment though in case the paint is horrible

Back