XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be the only person that has to chuckle at the bizarre lust some have toward this statue? It's hardly that great, I mean, truly. YES, I have seen it in person, and I just don't get it? I think some collectors must have images of grandeur in their minds, and convince themselves something is "amazing" when its clearly not! This statue isn't even a top 10 all timer, let alone an all timer. I feel sorry for anyone paying $3k plus for this. Someday soon, it will be back at a $1k item, and hardly that desired, but hey, this is only my opinion...

What kind of troll is this? one post in five years. Yes, yes you are the village idiot.

I call shenanigans 850 retail plus likely 250-300 US shipping. no one in the US got this thing without shelling out 1k and if they did they stole it.

Retail for Magneto was $899 SGD (Singapore dollars) which currently translates to $657 USD. Add shipping of $200 - $300 to the US...and some folks in the US were able to get this for under $1k.

Pretty freaking close in comparison. I doubt anyone payed 500 USDs before shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplyToys had it for less than 800SGD, which is 590$. Their shipping rates are pretty good and I seem to recall canadians being quoted at around 200$ - which nets a total of 800$, more or less. Consider that US dollar gained strength over SGD a few weeks before Magneto started shipping out. But yeah, I'd say most people out there got it for around 900-1000$.

EDIT: Now I'm thinking that Singapore residents who got it from SimplyToys paid it less than Darkseid PF, lol.

Pretty freaking close in comparison. I doubt anyone payed 500 USDs before shipping

You got me there! I paid $513 USD before shipping. $740 USD shipped, last week. My 1st one was in 1st batch, exchange rate was higher so it cost $780 USD.

You got me there! I paid $513 USD before shipping. $740 USD shipped, last week. My 1st one was in 1st batch, exchange rate was higher so it cost $780 USD.

You are getting XM pieces to your door in the US for $700?

My shipping is same as yours USA is all the same I assume. I am in WA.

It's been stated many, many times over what the exchange rates were and the cost for US residents to get these to our doors. I don't know why that's shocking or news today, but hopefully it will help alleviate the misconception many have that these cost 2 grand at retail.

I got XM magneto for $869 from Secret compass!:wink1: thats not bad considering the material and quality in this pieces compared to sideshow.

hmm..I POed before day 1 and still ended up just over 1 grand from Secret Compass (after s&h). Not sure how you scored lower on your final bill.

Just got him today and you'll hear people say this a lot but, "pictures do not do this piece justice" is a true statement. On a side note, I was really surprised by how heavy the box was.

mags2.jpg

Last edited:
Back