XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must not have a Mags.

It doesn't matter if I have or don't have lol. IMO, no statue is worth that when it just got released. Asking 300-400% before it's even a few months old is more a fad then anything else. In a few years, the statue could be worth that much but not now. Jmho.

Yeah, I was checking ebay out, wow, its a excellent piece but 3k right now is out of my range. But in general, to get future XM pre-orders, do you guys just go through BBTS or from simple toys?

Finally getting mine sent over from Secret Compass (saw a few people were asking about them)...they increased the s&h due to size. I feel everyone paid about $200 on avg. for the s&h.

I'll post pics once un-boxed. Not that we don't already have enough posted :)

Yeah, I was checking ebay out, wow, its a excellent piece but 3k right now is out of my range. But in general, to get future XM pre-orders, do you guys just go through BBTS or from simple toys?

Simply Toys is your better bet ...when compared to BBTS.

ba3f429bfc4c2e905790376e412e00c0.jpg
for kicks and giggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap :clap :clap

It doesn't matter if I have or don't have lol. IMO, no statue is worth that when it just got released. Asking 300-400% before it's even a few months old is more a fad then anything else. In a few years, the statue could be worth that much but not now. Jmho.

Bro you don't know what you are talking about. I payed little over 2k for him. And when he arrived I regretted nothing other than I missed the preorder. Like doom on the throne I expect one day to see this guy going for 5k. He is one of the best statues hands down, pics are nothing compared to in person. I get being upset about paying that much but if you can stomach the price it's worth it.

Simply Toys is your better bet ...when compared to BBTS.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

yeah saw some on ebay for around 3-3500. yowzers, I could do it, but man, that's a lot of scratch for one statue. I could get a few xm's for that much. I saw a couple people on statueforum buy 3 or more of mags, damn! lol, maybe they'll decide to unload some of them one day down the road.

Bro you don't know what you are talking about. I payed little over 2k for him. And when he arrived I regretted nothing other than I missed the preorder. Like doom on the throne I expect one day to see this guy going for 5k. He is one of the best statues hands down, pics are nothing compared to in person. I get being upset about paying that much but if you can stomach the price it's worth it.

$2k is not $3k. When people are asking $3k. There's is a big difference. When I factor in exchange rate and shipping, that is paying $4500 cdn for a statue. That's no chum change sep. Im not disagreeing with the value but when a statue just got released and people are asking 300 to 400% before the statue is one year old is a little concerning. I have no issues if peeps are asking 200% more for this.

I understand, it was a hassles just to find someone to talk down to 2,100 though. Now that i have him, not that i ever would sell him but it would take a high convincing price to get rid of him.

The market bears what the market bears. That's the market value. Some will value it more and never sell it for even $5k. No point arguing what each one of us think it's worth.

I do believe once flippers are done and this thing settles down, we won't see many exchange hands.

$2k is not $3k. When people are asking $3k. There's is a big difference. When I factor in exchange rate and shipping, that is paying $4500 cdn for a statue. That's no chum change sep. Im not disagreeing with the value but when a statue just got released and people are asking 300 to 400% before the statue is one year old is a little concerning. I have no issues if peeps are asking 200% more for this.

VS, people are asking 300-400% and people are ready, willing and paying that price and posting it's worth it when they receive it.

I watched 10 sell from SG on ebay. All in 3K range plus shipping.

I have to say it is my top statue. It looks like money!

Can't wait for mine,I'm just waiting for shane from secret compass to send me tracking #, waiting time is killing me!:impatient:

This really is a nice piece. I'm prob in the minority in saying I have no regrets on passing up on it other than the fact that it is worth so much:lol But I ain't no flipper and I don't really need the money...

I think we would all agree that the current market price of any product is primarily driven by supply and demand. Unlike many SS pieces which may have an ES of 5,000+ for just the regular edition version...Magneto only had an ES of 800 world wide. In addition, license restrictions severely limit the direct distribution of this product outside of Singapore. The restricted availability of this piece is one of the reasons that the current market prices has risen so quickly.

You mentioned there was no way this statue could be worth more than "Shin ex, Doom ex, grey hulk or green hulk pfs". It's a much different world than when those pieces were released. The collectible industry has changed... There are more forums, blogs, and social media outlets that are devoted to discussing collectibles. As collectors we spend months dissecting, discussing, criticizing, analyzing, and praising prototypes & WIP pictures a year before the final product is even released. The growth of e-bay has enabled folks to conduct transactions world wide...which increases the pool of potential buyers fighting for limited edition pieces. Also...think about the current popularity of Superhero movies. The growing popularity of the superhero genre means more more people are likely to become comic fans and potentially collectors. The end result is that there is an increased demand and a larger customer pool for the collectible industry as a whole. Nowadays a highly anticipated, limited ES statue of a popular character like like Magneto can reach market prices that old SS PFs took years to achieve.

Perhaps the real question is whether or not Magneto can retain the current market price over a long period of time? Many of those old SS grails you mentioned have retained, or even increased, their value over the years.

^^^great post

My opinion is very similar to yours and the question truly is, a the end, will they retain their value?
IMO, I think Mag will stay at the 2-2.5k line even years after.
With technology improvements these days and more and more companies trying to out beat another, I'm sure we'll see another doom on throne or mag on throne in the future.
I still prefer hand made statues over 3D printed ones because I know I'm paying my money's worth.
Comics is slowly entering into our world and fan base for it has risen dramatically.

The main thought you have to give yourself when purchasing something like this is....ARE YOU WILLING TO WAIT FOR A FUTURE RELEASE AND ARE YOU WILLING TO RISK THAT A NEWER OR BETTER VERSION WILL COME OUT...

^^^great post

My opinion is very similar to yours and the question truly is, a the end, will they retain their value?
IMO, I think Mag will stay at the 2-2.5k line even years after.
With technology improvements these days and more and more companies trying to out beat another, I'm sure we'll see another doom on throne or mag on throne in the future.
I still prefer hand made statues over 3D printed ones because I know I'm paying my money's worth.
Comics is slowly entering into our world and fan base for it has risen dramatically.

The main thought you have to give yourself when purchasing something like this is....ARE YOU WILLING TO WAIT FOR A FUTURE RELEASE AND ARE YOU WILLING TO RISK THAT A NEWER OR BETTER VERSION WILL COME OUT...

I doubt will see another 1:4 Magneto for several years... I know SS has had the Marvel license for awhile and they never did do a Magneto, I wonder if it's just by choice or if Marvel kept shooting down their ideas and they moved on to other characters.... ((( shrug )))

The other issues is the quality of the statue, are other companies willing to pay the $$$ to the factories to put out top tier work like XM does? So even if another company does do Magneto it will be interesting to see what kind of QC it has..

Maybe Disney has slammed down on all XMEN stuff, so another Magneto way take a while... but who knows.

Only time can tell....

For now I'll enjoy my XM Mags ...as I saw it go from concept to proto to production. It's surreal that I have it.

Back