XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say i would enjoy seeing more gaming related statues, Especially final fantasy or metal gear solid. i have watch some reviews of gaming heads products they seem to have solid products. Not xm quality, but perhaps as good as sideshow. and if sideshow released this figure you can bet your ass it would be like 800 dollars and more than half would have quality control issues.

I really love some game characters but for some reason I have little desire to own them in collectible form. I think the only one I have is a Super Mario figurine but it's the size of a Disney Infinity figure lol.

SS has moved into Starcraft with the 2 armored figs and the Queen of Blades statue but I don't think any of it has shipped yet? :dunno

I think the market for video game character statues is just as relevant, often you see special edition games coming with pvc figures.

The only gaming statues that have caught my attention is the Mass Effect ones.... Other then that I have no desire to buy statues of games I've played...

So, my Cuz came over yesterday and finally got a chance to see my XM Mags. He was totally floored. Everything about the piece blew him away. He picked it up (wanted to see if it was solid or not), eyeballed the paint job intensely, and marveled over the details of the sculpt. It was his first time seeing an XM statue. He couldn't stop raving about the quality of the piece and how great the sculpt was. He pointed out the paint apps in particular. He said he has NEVER seen paint apps that looked so much like prototype quality paint apps on a production piece. He's a fellow collector himself and has a pretty critical eye when it comes to inspecting pieces. It looks like XM just picked up another fan. He's already looking to see what his first XM purchase will be.

It would have interesting to see a reaction video of that. :lol

I'd have been very apprehensive of letting anyone touch my statues, especially one that is priceless and much sought after like Magneto, much less pick it up. I know he's a fellow collector, but I'd have been sweating the whole time even though I'd know that he'd be really careful with it. :panic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would have interesting to see a reaction video of that. :lol

I'd have been very apprehensive of letting anyone touch my statues, especially one that is priceless and much sought after like Magneto, much less pick it up. I know he's a fellow collector, but I'd have been sweating the whole time even though I'd know that he'd be really careful with it. :panic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no worry on my part. He had my permission. I have Mags on a sturdy display table about waist high. It's not like he yanked it up off the table and walked around the room with it. He just lifted it up about 2 inches to get an idea of the weight. It never cleared the table. He lets me handle all of his statues when I check them out. There is a trust between us when it comes to that. We've been collecting for a long time and know how to safely handle pieces. Haven't had anything bad happen yet. I will say though, he is the ONLY person I allow to do this. I have other friends that are in the hobby but my Cuz is the only one I trust to safely handle my statues. Believe me, no one else is able to touch or handle the merchandise. Mags is completely safe and looking awesome.

Pick it up? :nono

You should have :thwak him in his dome. :lecture

So, my Cuz came over yesterday and finally got a chance to see my XM Mags. He was totally floored. Everything about the piece blew him away. He picked it up (wanted to see if it was solid or not), eyeballed the paint job intensely, and marveled over the details of the sculpt. It was his first time seeing an XM statue. He couldn't stop raving about the quality of the piece and how great the sculpt was. He pointed out the paint apps in particular. He said he has NEVER seen paint apps that looked so much like prototype quality paint apps on a production piece. He's a fellow collector himself and has a pretty critical eye when it comes to inspecting pieces. It looks like XM just picked up another fan. He's already looking to see what his first XM purchase will be.

There was no worry on my part. He had my permission. I have Mags on a sturdy display table about waist high. It's not like he yanked it up off the table and walked around the room with it. He just lifted it up about 2 inches to get an idea of the weight. It never cleared the table. He lets me handle all of his statues when I check them out. There is a trust between us when it comes to that. We've been collecting for a long time and know how to safely handle pieces. Haven't had anything bad happen yet. I will say though, he is the ONLY person I allow to do this. I have other friends that are in the hobby but my Cuz is the only one I trust to safely handle my statues. Believe me, no one else is able to touch or handle the merchandise. Mags is completely safe and looking awesome.

That's awesome, man. Always a huge pleasure when someone visits ones collection and are floored by what they see. Especially if it's because of a particular piece. :)

That's awesome, man. Always a huge pleasure when someone visits ones collection and are floored by what they see. Especially if it's because of a particular piece. :)

Absolutely. I have other friends that collect sporadically or not at all. They enjoy looking at my collection. However, my Cuz shares my passion when it comes to collecting. He's all in. His collection is awsome itself. Others will walk in my display room and look around for 10 minutes and talk about about a few pieces and then leave. We'll spend at least 30 minutes (or more) looking at my collection. We get into conversations about which pieces we love and why. We'll talk about the sculptors, paint apps, QC, poses, scale, groupings of characters, and the hobby in general. Then after we leave the room and start doing other things (shoot some pool, have a few drinks, spend time with family and friends throughout the day), we'll still talk about our hobby from time to time during his visit. It's awesome being around and sharing this hobby with someone who's as passionate about it as you are. You just don't run across peeps like that everyday. Well, unless you're on a forum like this of course. :lol

LOL... When I saw this the guy offered for me to pick up all the change out parts and to switch out the head and everything. I backed away slowly...lol.

LOL... When I saw this the guy offered for me to pick up all the change out parts and to switch out the head and everything. I backed away slowly...lol.

LOL, was he a friend? I've had other peeps try to touch my statues or pick up switch out pieces in my collection. I've stopped them all cold. Just my Cuz is allowed to do that and he always asks me if he can first. Given the aftermarket value of Mags though, I can totally see not wanting to handle any of the switch out pieces.

Im in deep anticipation for mine, I should be getting him in a week or two. somebody get me a fix by posting some pics. :postpics:

11009102_929864713701539_8768265997441311663_n.jpg

Back