XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and I'm anticipating what Sosa is planning on adding to this :impatient:

You and me both...that truly is a mystery!

I am done talking about the helmet. Whatever XM decides is fine by me. If I don't like the final helmet, I'll use the portrait with no helmet. I would even consider commissioning my own.

SS fans do the same thing in those threads too! WTH???? As of matter of fact, SS fans are worse! :lol

That's what I'm saying. I'm still trying to figure what he meant by that when SS threads are run rife with it.

It was pretty simple. XM has proven that they listen, and now a fan is POUNDING his fist that he wants a two piece helmet, and DEMANDING that XM listens to him the same way that he THINKS they listened to Bmutha. It is the parel of how XM does allow us fans to provide input. Eventually you are going to have someone who has a nutter and says, "BUT YOU LISTENED TO THEM!!! Now, listen to ME!!", and to some extent I can see the argument there. SSC on the other hand DOES listen to fans on occasion (The Superman EX additional red eyes are proof), but to use the word Kenny used, they aren't held "hostage" by it. The difference is, that XM doesn't just listen to fans, but they allow fans INTO the process, and that is going to be their BIGGEST advantage, but at times you will have some go off the deep end who simply want what they want. However, I think BEFORE they do that that they sshould atleast give the XM guys a few days to discuss what the return of the original portrait means, or paint it up so we can ACTUALLY weight in.

SS fans do the same thing in those threads too! WTH???? As of matter of fact, SS fans are worse! :lol

I think he means due to all the griping about a statue they just do what they want, never listen to feedback, nor make positive changes once the product is shown. SS approach is take it or leave it...someone will buy it.

Seriously?!

Some of you sound like you might hold XM ransom for trying to appease the masses and doing what's best for the eventual product. That's poor form in my opinion, and bordering on brattiness.

"if I don't get this, I'll be throwing a catty fit! I would hitherto discredit all things XM. Harumpf! It doesn't matter if it looks better to well-trained eyes! My eyes are the best; they can resurrect the dead!"

And so XM listens and tosses in 10 portraits, but they miss out on the Jim Lee that Tavegg wants. He whines like a *****. They toss that in but miss out on the Fassbender that Yankee wants. And he whines like a *****. So when does all this finally end? And here comes the coup de grace - after all the frills and quality work and flash-bang thrown in - a cacophony of voices will exclaim that XM pieces are too pricey. Man, that's like kicking a guy in the crotch when he's already dead.

Come off it, ladies. Leave the experts to their craft. You can't save all the alley-cats...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa? :monkey4

Don't drag me into Helmetgate! :nono :thwak *points at Bmutha*

Time to block Kenny's user name! :ignore: :yess: :wink1:

It was pretty simple. XM has proven that they listen, and now a fan is POUNDING his fist that he wants a two piece helmet, and DEMANDING that XM listens to him the same way that he THINKS they listened to Bmutha. It is the parel of how XM does allow us fans to provide input. Eventually you are going to have someone who has a nutter and says, "BUT YOU LISTENED TO THEM!!! Now, listen to ME!!", and to some extent I can see the argument there. SSC on the other hand DOES listen to fans on occasion (The Superman EX additional red eyes are proof), but to use the word Kenny used, they aren't held "hostage" by it. The difference is, that XM doesn't just listen to fans, but they allow fans INTO the process, and that is going to be their BIGGEST advantage, but at times you will have some go off the deep end who simply want what they want. However, I think BEFORE they do that that they sshould atleast give the XM guys a few days to discuss what the return of the original portrait means, or paint it up so we can ACTUALLY weight in.

Too bad SSC doesn't listen to their IM fans.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa? :monkey4

Don't drag me into Helmetgate! :nono :thwak *points at Bmutha*

Time to block Kenny's user name! :ignore: :yess: :wink1:

c13o0.jpg

And your point being?

:stick everything gets better when you poke it w/a stick-- who needs reality tv whenya got ssfreaks boards

for the record, XM's prices are just fine (although shipping hurts my ass), my only complaint is im going broke bcz i Have to buy 90% of what theyve got planned.
ALSO XM shouldve already shipped mag & wolverine to me, the wait til 2015 is just cruel--

This has always been about expressing opinions. Unfortunately it got heated up a little. Bmutha had his say when he wasn't happy with the helmet ...and he didn't shut up about it. So now you have other people expressing their opinions about the unpainted helmet ...and they are not going to shut up about it either.

But let's be perfectly clear ...no one is keeping XM hostage. And no one is going to cancel their pre order. Those who keep saying "if you don't like it, cancel your PO", you can keep dreaming. We all want this badly ...that's why you have very exuberant fans in this thread expressing their opinions.

That's all this is. People don't need to dramatize this anymore than it is. Just let people vent their opinion and stop arguing with them. XM will make the final decision.

I said I prefer the painted version and that's my opinion. Nuff sed!

This has always been about expressing opinions. Unfortunately it got heated up a little. Bmutha had his say when he wasn't happy with the helmet ...and he didn't shut up about it. So now you have other people expressing their opinions about the unpainted helmet ...and they are not going to shut up about it either.

But let's be perfectly clear ...no one is keeping XM hostage. And no one is going to cancel their pre order. Those who keep saying "if you don't like it, cancel your PO", you can keep dreaming. We all want this badly ...that's why you have very exuberant fans in this thread expressing their opinions.

That's all this is. People don't need to dramatize this anymore than it is. Just let people vent their opinion and stop arguing with them. XM will make the final decision.

I said I prefer the painted version and that's my opinion. Nuff sed!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but seeing as we don't know what ANY of this means some have jumped to battle stations and we don't even have a single real scrap of info.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but seeing as we don't know what ANY of this means some have jumped to battle stations and we don't even have a single real scrap of info.

Exactly! So we'll let people vent out their opinions without arguments. No sense in arguing with people's opinion if XM will make the final decision. It got heated because we're excited to get Mags.

Everyone seems to be riled up on this picture without a context...

The comment on this helmeted head proto is, I quote: "No this is the very first want we had but not show yet till now"
Not very good English but it roughly means "No. This is the very first one that we had but have not shown it yet until now"
It was in reply to a comment which asked if it was a new head.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios/photos/pcb.1438942089659819/1438941762993185/?type=1&theater

Everyone seems to be riled up on this picture without a context...

The comment on this helmeted head proto is, I quote: "No this is the very first want we had but not show yet till now"
Not very good English but it roughly means "No. This is the very first one that we had but have not shown it yet until now"
It was in reply to a comment which asked if it was a new head.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios/photos/pcb.1438942089659819/1438941762993185/?type=1&theater

This argument actually started to cool down. Lets not start it up again. Thanks for posting that, but that was already posted.

Back