XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously?!

Some of you sound like you might hold XM ransom for trying to appease the masses and doing what's best for the eventual product. That's poor form in my opinion, and bordering on brattiness.

"if I don't get this, I'll be throwing a catty fit! I would hitherto discredit all things XM. Harumpf! It doesn't matter if it looks better to well-trained eyes! My eyes are the best; they can resurrect the dead!"

And so XM listens and tosses in 10 portraits, but they miss out on the Jim Lee that Tavegg wants. He whines like a *****. They toss that in but miss out on the Fassbender that Yankee wants. And he whines like a *****. So when does all this finally end? And here comes the coup de grace - after all the frills and quality work and flash-bang thrown in - a cacophony of voices will exclaim that XM pieces are too pricey. Man, that's like kicking a guy in the crotch when he's already dead.

Come off it, ladies. Leave the experts to their craft. You can't save all the alley-cats...

Now you know why Sideshow does things the way they do

Can't argue with a ninja guys.... Sorry
Ninja.jpg

ninja.jpg

I find it weird to say "this is the one that XM originally wanted" because it was XM who then decided to change it to the two-piece helmet. So they wanted it this way, then decided it was better off as a two piece helmet. I am just wondering where and why the change of heart took place.

Okay ... lets ask someone who MIGHT know

Seriously?!

Some of you sound like you might hold XM ransom for trying to appease the masses and doing what's best for the eventual product. That's poor form in my opinion, and bordering on brattiness.

"if I don't get this, I'll be throwing a catty fit! I would hitherto discredit all things XM. Harumpf! It doesn't matter if it looks better to well-trained eyes! My eyes are the best; they can resurrect the dead!"

And so XM listens and tosses in 10 portraits, but they miss out on the Jim Lee that Tavegg wants. He whines like a *****. They toss that in but miss out on the Fassbender that Yankee wants. And he whines like a *****. So when does all this finally end? And here comes the coup de grace - after all the frills and quality work and flash-bang thrown in - a cacophony of voices will exclaim that XM pieces are too pricey. Man, that's like kicking a guy in the crotch when he's already dead.

Come off it, ladies. Leave the experts to their craft. You can't save all the alley-cats...

Hey Kenny.... I gotta a question about this that MAYBE you might be able to answer. Was the 2 piece helmet EVER really going to be the final design or was it only done when they printed up the prototype up for ease of painting? So for example when we got the first pics of Thanos just before he was painted he looked like this

and Magneto looked like this

Then they just assembled the painted pieces. Easier and faster to get the base coats on that way. So in the end was the 2 pieces simply a convinence thing, and never intended for production. That would seem to make sense to me as a 2 piece headsculpt where you were sliding the helmet on would increase the chances of A) Breakages, and B) Paint Rubs.

As for people attempting to hold XM hostage. Well you know the guys better than I do, but they seem to KNOW their **** and how to make these pieces look AMAZING. SO do we really have anything to fear.

P.S. For all of those who REALLY hate what you see I suggest canceling your order or offering it to a fellow Freak at retail, but at least WAIT to see it painted up.

As for people attempting to hold XM hostage. Well you know the guys better than I do, but they seem to KNOW their **** and how to make these pieces look AMAZING. SO do we really have anything to fear.

P.S. For all of those who REALLY hate what you see I suggest canceling your order or offering it to a fellow Freak at retail, but at least WAIT to see it painted up.

Exactly.

Just to remind everyone, all XM did was show a photo of this original head. They never said the other one was scrapped...it is very likely still not yet decided.

I am guessing they are exploring a way to work with the original (unpainted) head to get the best of both worlds.

All I know is that I'm not selling mine regardless of what head they use.

Man, where did all this *****ing came from. All XM is doing is improving on a statue that was nearly perfect, even though they are all sold out they want to make Magneto PERFECT. If anyone who already has a piece secured feels he can't stand some little changes (changes that are for the best imho) he can always sell it, he would make another collector quite happy and make some money in the process :)

But if we should sit this out and wait, why was someone so vocal about the helmet fit before when it was about the head he didn't like. Seems like someone doesn't listen to his own advice.

Peeps can ***** all they want to. No one is giving up their PO on Mags. This is still an EPIC statue. Even though I like the painted helmet better, I know how fortunate I am to have one on PO and I can't wait to see him in my collection.

But if we should sit this out and wait, why was someone so vocal about the helmet fit before when it was about the head he didn't like. Seems like someone doesn't listen to his own advice.

I encourage you to be vocal about what you don't like with the statue, we all know I am.

Just keep personal attacks out of it. I don't mention you personally when I express my feelings on the helmet.

Get it through your head that I have nothing to do with XM's decisions on ANYTHING. Quit trying to blame me for a photo that XM posted on their Facebook page.

Exactly.

Just to remind everyone, all XM did was show a photo of this original head. They never said the other one was scrapped...it is very likely still not yet decided.

I am guessing they are exploring a way to work with the original (unpainted) head to get the best of both worlds.

All I know is that I'm not selling mine regardless of what head they use.

YEP... Do we even KNOW what is going on here with that post??? Nope. Honestly, going off the deep end isn't going to help ****, and personal attacks aren't asshat stupid. I am VOCAL when I think things need to be worked on, but I have also learned to wait and see what XM has planned. There is a difference between trying to help them up their game and jumping the gun

Seems like some one needs to listen to some other advice....

I encourage you to be vocal about what you don't like with the statue, we all know I am.

Just keep personal attacks out of it. I don't mention you personally when I express my feelings on the helmet.

Get it through your head that I have nothing to do with XM's decisions on ANYTHING. Quit trying to blame me for a photo that XM posted on their Facebook page.

:goodpost:
XM listens and then tests things out.... If it looks great they share it. We have NO idea what is going on here. If they decide to make a change I TRUST that not only will it look glorious it will look BETTER than the prototype. That is JUST how dedicated they are.

I don't plan on going through the whole thread but, I could've sworn people had issues with how the helmet looked before, me included. Even with my half assed attempt at photoshopping the helmet a while back, between the different forums and facebook, a lot of people seemed to like it. They made a slight tweak or two to it over time but, I've always felt the same about it tbh. I'm not sure how they planned on designing this but, I think they could make the helmet and head separate and still make it look like a snug fit. Although they're two different helmets, they did a pretty good job on Thanos's helmet in that regards imo. Some people feel this is a step backwards but to me, every change they've made has been a step forward so far, so I don't care at this point what changes are being made to it lol I'm just going along for the ride and counting the days until they ship this mfer!

That and I'm anticipating what Sosa is planning on adding to this :impatient:

I'll get back to you with some answers, Shawn. I need to crash man.

Thanks Kenny you are the MAN!!

I don't plan on going through the whole thread but, I could've sworn people had issues with how the helmet looked before, me included. Even with my half assed attempt at photoshopping the helmet a while back, between the different forums and facebook, a lot of people seemed to like it. They made a slight tweak or two to it over time but, I've always felt the same about it tbh. I'm not sure how they planned on designing this but, I think they could make the helmet and head separate and still make it look like a snug fit. Although they're two different helmets, they did a pretty good job on Thanos's helmet in that regards imo. Some people feel this is a step backwards but to me, every change they've made has been a step forward so far, so I don't care at this point what changes are being made to it lol I'm just going along for the ride and counting the days until they ship this mfer!

That and I'm anticipating what Sosa is planning on adding to this :impatient:

Keep in mind that Thanos is a proto as well that they cut all up to paint him. However, I can honestly say that I know they will get this right. They KNOW just how big this is for them, and they want to make the fans HAPPY and proud to own this.

Back