XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changes do look better, eyes looked vacant. Same for the helmet, the shorter/wider pic looks better, more proportionate.

If anyone wants bigger size of this with typography, message me guys:)
Here is the JUDGEMENT DAY: MAGNETO!

xdGbo0R.jpg

WuJR6Mg.jpg
That's a crazy pic man. You made that huh? Great work

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Like this one alot. Kudos Spidey

This is all I have been talking about. A few millimetres changes the expression to something more powerful IMHO

Fix the pupils Shawn. They don't even look round.

Did you flip anything? :)

I have Baby Photoshop, but I will see what I can do tomorrow... Lol

Oh and no flips though I considered one little one... Lol

The brows look good Spidey, not too much of an overall drastic change but it works.

The brows look good Spidey, not too much of an overall drastic change but it works.

He needs to be a bit more pale too, not ghost white but not warm. I know that might be picky but I really think that's a little bit of the problem. It's quite hard to get skin tones accurate.

Tweaked bringing the brow down and changing the mouth to add a frown.

View attachment 123752

Definitely like the new one on the right much better. Isn't that what it looked like before it was painted? He looks pissed and determined...which he should be because he's a villain. Keep up the awesome work and communication, XM. Your turnaround time for the two head sculpts was faster than ASAP. Thank you for that.

Good PS, Spidey. Hopefully XM will go with what you've done here.

Here is another tweak... just ever so slightly tweaked the sixe of the iris and pupils

MagnetoComparisson.jpg

Fix the pupils Shawn. They don't even look round.

Did you flip anything? :)

Hmmm, the pupil is the centre of the Iris so I should of said the Iris doesn't look circular.
Or way too big.

I finally also realized after you posted this that Mags has Puppy Dog Eyes... So I brought them down a hair or two... what do you think???

He needs to be a bit more pale too, not ghost white but not warm. I know that might be picky but I really think that's a little bit of the problem. It's quite hard to get skin tones accurate.

Wish I could... but still learning BabyShop...lol

Definitely like the new one on the right much better. Isn't that what it looked like before it was painted? He looks pissed and determined...which he should be because he's a villain. Keep up the awesome work and communication, XM. Your turnaround time for the two head sculpts was faster than ASAP. Thank you for that.

Good PS, Spidey. Hopefully XM will go with what you've done here.

I have been working on my facial expressions for years, with a pencil that is, and I have learned that it is matter of degrees or millimetres and you can make a drastic change. I am not trying to hammer XM, just show what I am talking about.

The Superman EX doesn't count. People wanted light up eyes and most hated the spaghetti eyes. SS decided to include little red rubber eye pegs. I wouldn't call that going the extra mile at all.

Sorry I missed this... but most didn't want a light up feature ... at best it was 50% ... maybe less. People complained that they really just wanted red eyes so SSC got it done. In fact I think the pegs were a suggestion from a member here. So you can't say it doesn't count just because it suits your argument better dude.

Red eye is fine. Wish for more expression in the face sculpt. It's just not screaming Magneto

I went ahead and downloaded, I mean bought :wave, a copy of photoshop. I'm clearly no expert but since no one has made any attempt at photoshopping this (to my knowledge), I used my lack of editing skills to kind of bring to life what a lot of people are asking for.

2rw6dmt.jpg

I reduced that lipped edge on the back of the helmet as that looked kind of weird on the shorter helmet. I'm going to try and work on the unmasked head though that may be a little tougher than a simple cut/resize.

Amazing man, I wish they could get those changes made. Great way to illustrate the possible fix for the helmet head!

Red eye is fine. Wish for more expression in the face sculpt. It's just not screaming Magneto

If you look closely on the pic I posted the brow and the mouth have been altered to do just that.

Amazing man, I wish they could get those changes made. Great way to illustrate the possible fix for the helmet head!

Yeah, but XM may make the changes they really do listen.

I went ahead and downloaded, I mean bought :wave, a copy of photoshop. I'm clearly no expert but since no one has made any attempt at photoshopping this (to my knowledge), I used my lack of editing skills to kind of bring to life what a lot of people are asking for.

2rw6dmt.jpg

I reduced that lipped edge on the back of the helmet as that looked kind of weird on the shorter helmet. I'm going to try and work on the unmasked head though that may be a little tougher than a simple cut/resize.

Hmmm... On the one hand, it looks good, but on the other hand, it seems physically inacurrate to me, as if he had to cut off the top of his skull to fit the helmet so tight... Don't forget that eyes are supposed to be right in the middle of your face, which isn't the case on the right. What we're used to see in 2D comic books can't always be redone exactly in 3D, harder to cheat proportion and perspective wise.

Back