XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know, but until this the shipping and tax to germany let the price explode for XM pieces. And the prices in german shops are higher than €700 as the direct order from singapore.

Maybe you know where it´s writen from Bryan?

58421_1400722933481735_7257694360116519653_n.jpg

I am not disappointed with his facial expression, maybe you don't like just because Magneto is such a powerful character! But when you consider his past and childhood drama, even a powerful mutant can get tired and depressed of giving an endless war! When I look at this piece, I see a great story. This is why I love XM Studios, they are not only making statues like other brands. For me this head is a good example. We see two heads and it is great to witness how a different facial expression adds more feeling to a statue! This diorama tells me the end of the war which is conquered by Magneto at last but each head tells a different psychology of Magneto about the end of the war!

I dont know, but until this the shipping and tax to germany let the price explode for XM pieces. And the prices in german shops are higher than €700 as the direct order from singapore.

Maybe you know where it´s writen from Bryan?

This was on the first page of the ask XM thread on SF. Maybe hope for collectors in Germany.

WHICH COUNTRIES DO YOU SELL & SHIP YOUR PRODUCTS TO?
XM Studios' licensing rights only cover Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines at the moment. As such, we can only directly sell or market our products to customers in these countries. We apologise sincerely if we are unable to sell to customers or fans in other countries. The good news is Disney France has contacted us and we are in the process of getting rights to distribute our products to France (and perhaps other parts of Europe) We will update again as soon as we have any news.

But something looks wrong with the helmet. I do a picture. It looks to long or to high, maybe it must push down a little bit?

View attachment 123440

It does look too long. Looks like it needs to be pushed down, but it's actually too long to do so. Hope they fix that...honestly, if the helmet ends up looking like that, it's a deal breaker for me.

It does look too long. Looks like it needs to be pushed down, but it's actually too long to do so. Hope they fix that...honestly, if the helmet ends up looking like that, it's a deal breaker for me.

The helmet sculpt is definitely too long and the area around the eyes is too big. No worries I'm sure XM will fix it and it will be in your collection B.

I am not disappointed with his facial expression, maybe you don't like just because Magneto is such a powerful character! But when you consider his past and childhood drama, even a powerful mutant can get tired and depressed of giving an endless war! When I look at this piece, I see a great story. This is why I love XM Studios, they are not only making statues like other brands. For me this head is a good example. We see two heads and it is great to witness how a different facial expression adds more feeling to a statue! This diorama tells me the end of the war which is conquered by Magneto at last but each head tells a different psychology of Magneto about the end of the war!

BTW I like the unmasked head. He looks like he's lamenting the loss of fellow mutants after the battle.

What a fantastic looking statue. The cerebro floating effect is just off the chain. I mean, just...WOW! I agree that the unmasked head looks a little sad and contemplative. However, given Mags is sitting in the ruins of the X-Mansion/School, it seems rather fitting. Mags never hated Charles or his students. In fact, he cares a great deal for them. Practically every time they fought, it was out of necessity, not hatred. For Mags to see the Mansion destroyed after a battle with Sentinels (a common foe)...it wouldn't surprise me at all if he were a little sad or reflecting about the battle that had just ended and the possible loss suffered by his fellow mutants.

That said, with the helmet is the way I'm going to be displaying him. In my mind he's just destroyed the Sentinel and created the throne from the wreckage. He's still hasn't come down from his battle mode yet (hence the angry face) and he's just secured cerebro from human hands. He hasn't had the chance to wind down/take his helmet off and think about the battle.

I love this piece so much because it paints a scene. He's not just sitting there. There are so many elements to this piece that tell a remarkable story. Is he helping the X-MEN ward off the Sentinels to keep cerebro safe? Is he there because in the confusion of the battle he just wants to secure cerebro for himself? Either way, the base incorporates a fantastic scene. This is an amazing piece in every sense of the word for me. I simply can't wait to have it displayed in my collection.

you guys giving backstorys for the "sad" face, instead of saying it shouldn't look sad, bcz its supposed to be angry (see original pics) are nuts.. as I said sculpt is spot-on perfect, paint needs work, IM REALLY hoping its just the cell phone pics

Before the painted pictures even came out I was looking forward to the unmasked portrait for the reasons filip mentioned. Filip actually did a fantastic job of describing how he and some like myself view this masterpiece. However I am not sure if I originally thought it was a "sad" face. Personally, the helmet version is too menacing. That is not to take away from the beauty of it and that is why XM offers multiple portraits for fans to portray their magneto the way they choose. However, being that I was only interested in the unmasked portrait, the pictures does make it seem a bit lackluster. Maybe its missing some shading above the eyebrows or forehead to accentuate those creases that gives him that more contemplative/angry face whichever you choose to interpret it.

That being sad, I still think it looks magnificent. The concept is ingenious, the base is brilliant, and the sculpt is one of a kind. I have high hopes that XM will deliver in the end.

ama2yhyj.jpg

This was on the first page of the ask XM thread on SF. Maybe hope for collectors in Germany.

WHICH COUNTRIES DO YOU SELL & SHIP YOUR PRODUCTS TO?
XM Studios' licensing rights only cover Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines at the moment. As such, we can only directly sell or market our products to customers in these countries. We apologise sincerely if we are unable to sell to customers or fans in other countries. The good news is Disney France has contacted us and we are in the process of getting rights to distribute our products to France (and perhaps other parts of Europe) We will update again as soon as we have any news.

THX and i find it. :hi5:

France will be ok for the start, because there is no tax between europe lands. :yess:

Definitely need better pics.

This ^^^

This is why I can't be bothered right now to do a Shelf Thread. I've only got my iphone as a camera

The statues never look how they look in-person. The statue always looks distorted & the colours always look washed out

The amount of times a new statue get's released & people panic because the 1st pictures to come through are terribly taken

Wait for the HD pictures or even better wait until you see it in-hand :rock

Last edited:
This looks fantastic. Can't wait to drop an order. I agree the helmet needs to b tightened up on his face. I also think the unmasked portrait is fine. I like that its a different expression. He looks exhausted and thats fine cuz it looks like he just finished an epic battle.

I just hope everyone on here stays respectful to XM so we can continue being part of the process. Definitely some dramatic over opinionated members on this forum

This ^^^

This is why I can't be bothered right now to do a Shelf Thread. I've only got my iphone as a camera

The statues never look how they look in-person. The statue always looks distorted & the colours always look washed out

The amount of times a new statue get's released & people panic because the 1st pictures to come through are terribly taken

Wait for the HD pictures or even better wait until you see it in-hand :rock

:goodpost::exactly:

Looks damn epic to me, even with bad phone pics. I'd rather see these candid WIPs than SSC's highly produced, photoshopped pics. There's an earthiness to it sitting next to a bottle of turpentine. Keep up the great job, XM!

Great job, XM. I agree with everyone else who's already taken notice....fix the two head sculpts. The new helmetless head sculpt needs to look exactly like what you did with the original. Don't give him that blank expression. Just don't. The helmeted sculpt makes it look like his head is way too big for his helmet. Dude looks like Vigo the Carpathian wearing that helmet.

For now, I still like Hawkeye as XM's best Marvel turn-out over Magneto.

I think the issue with the unmasked head is the paint. The sculpt appears the same as the unpainted version. If it so happens to not be a lighting issue, I'm sure a little touching up should do the trick, but then again I'm not a painter so what do I know =\. Either way, can't wait to freaking see this thing in person!

This looks fantastic. Can't wait to drop an order. I agree the helmet needs to b tightened up on his face. I also think the unmasked portrait is fine. I like that its a different expression. He looks exhausted and thats fine cuz it looks like he just finished an epic battle.

I just hope everyone on here stays respectful to XM so we can continue being part of the process. Definitely some dramatic over opinionated members on this forum

Yep they've done an exceptional job so far as far as taking what we say into consideration. They continually request feedback from the people, so it only goes to show were in good hands.

maybe it's just my old eyes, but the unpainted helmet below looks much different (in shape) that the painted one up top
also appears to be much tighter to his brow

Yeah, I gotta say you are right about that. The opening around his eyes look narrower and the fit of the helmet does appear to be tighter to the brow. While the helmet that was painted up still looks good, I have to say that the proto pic you posted looks a bit better.

Back