XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This portrait looks phenomenal. No one does a Jim Lee sculpt quite like Sosa. He just nails it. I LOVE my XM Mags but I truly LOVE the Koto Mags as well. It captures Lee's artwork perfectly. That all said, the original XM portrait is still my favorite for that statue. I just think it fits the piece the best. That doesn't take away from the lucky peeps that scored this new Sosa portrait. Anyone who was looking to give their XM Mags a Lee vibe definitely got their wish. It's an amazing head sculpt. Sosa and Kevin certainly nailed it. Those boys have some ridiculous talent.

Not to put a downer on it, but Madxcollectors custom Magneto Jiim lee Sculpt blows this head sculpt out the water. It's has by far the best masked and unmasked sculpts of any Magneto statue and I've had all of them.

The XM studios is good, but Madx nailed his custom, its the best custom I've had aside from the Resinworx Wolverine.

PR6.gif

My main gripe with MadX custom is with the visible peg for the skull and under Magneto's feet (partially covered by the carcass on the ground). I think it's a very unelegant design choice.

I'm personally not a big fan of the MadX piece. The only 2 Mags statues I really like are the Koto and XM Mags. I collect in 2 scales and I think I have the best Mags statue in each scale. Sosa's and Kevin's portrait for the XM Mags is leaps and bounds better than the custom piece IMO. I think it looks fantastic. If I didn't enjoy the portrait XM gave us, I would have pounced on the Sosa custom portrait in a heartbeat. For me, it looks killer.

This piece is sitting in my living room. It originally was going to my friend for about what I was paying . He had some family issues so I had to pay for it from bbts. I'm in a weird place. IF I open it and inspect it, I'm going to fall in love with it. He did tell me to keep it for him and he will eventually pay me for it. Decsions decisions.

Growing eyebrows out of the corner of your eye balls (?), very uneven forehead and/or hairline, totally flat nose looks like a ski slope...I could go on.

I'd get into a debate with you , since that head sculpt is taken from the original Comic book Magneto and looks EXACTLY like his art work in that era, then I'd ask you to find a picture of Jim Lee's art that looks like that new head, but then I'd probably be wasting my breath since most of you blokes have never picked up a book in your life. :wave

Aside from the fact you have the whole issue of putting a comic book based head on a statue that's .......made up. I still think Madx custom, for comic book fans, is the best Mags statue. I have them all, so really it doesn't matter to me.

+2

My favourite statue! I hope it wins statue of the year 2015.

+3. It's a masterpiece. I will say though, I think the Lobo PF can give it a run for the money as far as statue of the year is concerned. I'm completely floored by the level of craftsmanship, quality, and details in both pieces.

I'd get into a debate with you , since that head sculpt is taken from the original Comic book Magneto and looks EXACTLY like his art work in that era, then I'd ask you to find a picture of Jim Lee's art that looks like that new head, but then I'd probably be wasting my breath since most of you blokes have never picked up a book in your life. :wave

Aside from the fact you have the whole issue of putting a comic book based head on a statue that's .......made up. I still think Madx custom, for comic book fans, is the best Mags statue. I have them all, so really it doesn't matter to me.

They have books in Australia? Impressive.

Anyway, what looks good and works in one form of media (in this case comics) often translates like trash in another (collectibles).

Good example of this would be the AOU Hulk. On film, the new pants he wears look alright and nobody even notices. But, throw those skin tight, yoga man-pants on a 1:4 or 1:6 collectible and they look completely terrible. Another example of this is the Watchmen. Great comic book to read yet completely horrid movie to watch, and it's almost page for page/frame for frame the same.

XM Magneto rules them all...easily imo.

+1

It's just....:thud:

+2

My favourite statue! I hope it wins statue of the year 2015.

+3. It's a masterpiece. I will say though, I think the Lobo PF can give it a run for the money as far as statue of the year is concerned. I'm completely floored by the level of craftsmanship, quality, and details in both pieces.

+4

:goodpost:

Back