XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price of this thing on the second market makes me lol.

Kerry_Katona_faces.gif

Got my tracking number from Mark yesterday! Just checked it and it left Singapore last night!

Hell yes!! That much closer to finally joining the Owners Club!

Special thanks to Mark! For working so hard to get these XM statues to collectors. Kudos!

I second this...

Got my tracking number from Mark yesterday! Just checked it and it left Singapore last night!

Hell yes!! That much closer to finally joining the Owners Club!

Special thanks to Mark! For working so hard to get these XM statues to collectors. Kudos!

I second this...

Congrats AC and yeek. Prepare to be blown away.

The price of this thing on the second market makes me lol.

What makes you lol about the secondary market prices savage? This is magnificent 1/4 scale sculpt. Stunning in EVERY way. It's the only licensed 1/4 Mags out there. Mags is an incredibly popular character. On top of all that, there are only 800 of these made. The combination of popular character, unique sculpt, prototype paint apps, solid cast, and small ES have combined to make this desired piece an instant grail. The fact that peeps are willing to drop $3000+ to obtain the piece, reflects that. You may think it's silly to drop 3K on a piece but others obviously don't share your opinion. How is this any different than peeps dropping 2.5 K for the original EX Doom PF?

I can honestly say savage...until you hold an XM piece in your hands, you have no idea what you're missing. Today's eggshell SSC pieces can't be compared to an XM piece. IMO, the art direction and quality put into XM's Marvel merch can't be matched by SSC because SSC isn't about making quality pieces anymore. They churn out hit or miss eggshell Marvel pieces with (at best) spotty QC. That said, I've scored a few SSC Marvel pieces of late that I'm happy with. MY Red Skull PF came out great and my EX Apocalypse PF looks fierce even though that piece was plagued by QC issues (I was lucky and received a good one). However, they are hollow statues that just feel cheap to me whenever I handle them. I may like the way some of SSC's Marvel pieces look but there's no way any SSC piece is in the same league as an XM piece in terms of quality. Their solid casts and impeccable paint apps are second to none. The aftermarket prices XM pieces go for clearly show peeps are willing to pay for that kind of quality.

We really haven't seen to many for sale considering the profit to be made. That speaks volumes for how great the statue is.

Yep, and the aftermarket price is only going to go higher once these become more scarce in the aftermarket. Because then, guys like us have to be convinced to sell ours pieces and that ain't happening anytime soon for me.

just opened up mine.

perfect. just bloody perfect. It has instantly become #1 in my collection as far as 1/4 scale goes.

btw, jye318 I think the little "sprocket" things go by/under his raised foot.

Yes I just notice that lol,was too busy with three arrived statue and newborn baby

this magneto is kickass is it worth 3k I let the die hard magneto fans decide. for me i will never get him haha, not because i dont want him but 3k is just to much for me however i can imagine alot of people buying this from second market.

I wonder if Phoenix can beat Magneto time will tell :p

Oh and btw again congrats to the lucky people.
And @ averone Great reviews like always love to watch them.

What makes you lol about the secondary market prices savage? This is magnificent 1/4 scale sculpt. Stunning in EVERY way. It's the only licensed 1/4 Mags out there. Mags is an incredibly popular character. On top of all that, there are only 800 of these made. The combination of popular character, unique sculpt, prototype paint apps, solid cast, and small ES have combined to make this desired piece an instant grail. The fact that peeps are willing to drop $3000+ to obtain the piece, reflects that. You may think it's silly to drop 3K on a piece but others obviously don't share your opinion. How is this any different than peeps dropping 2.5 K for the original EX Doom PF?

I can honestly say savage...until you hold an XM piece in your hands, you have no idea what you're missing. Today's eggshell SSC pieces can't be compared to an XM piece. IMO, the art direction and quality put into XM's Marvel merch can't be matched by SSC because SSC isn't about making quality pieces anymore. They churn out hit or miss eggshell Marvel pieces with (at best) spotty QC. That said, I've scored a few SSC Marvel pieces of late that I'm happy with. MY Red Skull PF came out great and my EX Apocalypse PF looks fierce even though that piece was plagued by QC issues (I was lucky and received a good one). However, they are hollow statues that just feel cheap to me whenever I handle them. I may like the way some of SSC's Marvel pieces look but there's no way any SSC piece is in the same league as an XM piece in terms of quality. Their solid casts and impeccable paint apps are second to none. The aftermarket prices XM pieces go for clearly show peeps are willing to pay for that kind of quality.

Great post!

IMHO...collectors fall into one of the following camps as it relates to prices in the secondary market:

1) You have the folks that understand that free market commerce means that supply and demand is going to set the final price. Sometimes that price in the secondary market is within is within your discretionary income level...and sometimes it's not. There are instances where you can afford the collectible in question, but you would pay the the market rate and/or would rather spend the money on something else. More importantly, you understand that if other collectors want to pay market prices you feel are too high...you respect their purchasing decisions.

2) You have the haters... These are the folks that cannot afford some of the pricier collectibles in the secondary market. They have adopted the attitude because they can't afford the product(s) in question, they need to ridicule the people who purchase pricier items like Magneto on the secondary market. Or they feel the need to ridicule the prices themselves. These collectors have no problem coming into a thread and #$%*^ing all over it to make sure everyone understands they don't like the prices in the secondary market.

3) Lastly you have the "real collectors". They feel the secondary market prevents their people from being able to secure the products at a reasonable prices. Flippers are defined as anyone who dares to sell their own property at a price the market will tolerate. Flippers ruthlessly take advantage of collectors by evidently forcing them at gunpoint to make purchases on e-bay. These folks conveniently forget that flippers are usually selling to "other real collectors" who have the capacity or willingness to buy the item in question. They choose to believe the flippers sell exclusively to other flippers, who then put the collectibles back on the market in order to engage in a never ending cycle of perma-flipping. Real collectors don't believe the principles of capitalism should apply to them... Why?? Well...because they love and collect superhero statues. Real collectors believe e-bay is an evil organization run by Cobra Commander whose end game is the force the Joes and all real collectors to pay excessive prices for all of their collectibles. At the end of the day, real collectors believe free market principles should apply to every other consumer...in every other market...for every other product. But those same principles should not apply to them.

I just personally can't justify even the market prices of a lot of these statues. Let alone a mark up months after release. Affording it isn't my beef, but the fact that these are selling at that price is only bad news for run of the mill collectors like myself.

Companies will take note, and they will raise prices. That's the only reason it makes me laugh. And I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do with their money, but it will "hurt" my collecting eventually. And it makes me sad...

If a company that produces limited quantity, fully sculpted, insanely detailed & qc'd collectibles like XM does opts to raise their retail prices a little bit so be it, no amount of ranting here or any other forum will change a thing. At least you get what you pay for with XM. ;)

If a company that produces limited quantity, fully sculpted, insanely detailed & qc'd collectibles like XM does opts to raise their retail prices a little bit so be it, no amount of ranting here or any other forum will change a thing. At least you get what you pay for with XM. ;)

I'm not ranting. lol I simply said the prices make me laugh. thats it.

I didn't mean that you're specifically throwing a fit or Hulking out over there on your keyboard Savage. :lol

Oh haha. It just sucks but its probably for the best that I get priced out of the game after my avengers. haha

And to clear it up a bit, its not just XM prices, its all statue second market prices for the most part.

Great post!

IMHO...collectors fall into one of the following camps as it relates to prices in the secondary market:

1) You have the folks that understand that free market commerce means that supply and demand is going to set the final price. Sometimes that price in the secondary market is within is within your discretionary income level...and sometimes it's not. There are instances where you can afford the collectible in question, but you would pay the the market rate and/or would rather spend the money on something else. More importantly, you understand that if other collectors want to pay market prices you feel are too high...you respect their purchasing decisions.

2) You have the haters... These are the folks that cannot afford some of the pricier collectibles in the secondary market. They have adopted the attitude because they can't afford the product(s) in question, they need to ridicule the people who purchase pricier items like Magneto on the secondary market. Or they feel the need to ridicule the prices themselves. These collectors have no problem coming into a thread and #$%*^ing all over it to make sure everyone understands they don't like the prices in the secondary market.

3) Lastly you have the "real collectors". They feel the secondary market prevents their people from being able to secure the products at a reasonable prices. Flippers are defined as anyone who dares to sell their own property at a price the market will tolerate. Flippers ruthlessly take advantage of collectors by evidently forcing them at gunpoint to make purchases on e-bay. These folks conveniently forget that flippers are usually selling to "other real collectors" who have the capacity or willingness to buy the item in question. They choose to believe the flippers sell exclusively to other flippers, who then put the collectibles back on the market in order to engage in a never ending cycle of perma-flipping. Real collectors don't believe the principles of capitalism should apply to them... Why?? Well...because they love and collect superhero statues. Real collectors believe e-bay is an evil organization run by Cobra Commander whose end game is the force the Joes and all real collectors to pay excessive prices for all of their collectibles. At the end of the day, real collectors believe free market principles should apply to every other consumer...in every other market...for every other product. But those same principles should not apply to them.

I lol'd at # 3...great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple supply and demand brothers :rotfl

I hate supply and demand. My brothers, we must rise up and take stand to this injustice!

Who's down for projected statues? All holograms. Scan an image and bam, projected in the spot you want.

Back