XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Vid.....

For me Edition Size won't keep me from buying something I like BUT I would prefer if it had a low edition size for these reasons

1) If I had to sell it's nice to know I'm not going to lose 50% of the statue's value
2) It's fun to own a statue you like that is pretty rare. No offense Bruce but looking at your statue collection behind you, there's really nothing there that impresses me that I haven't seen in thousands of other collections.... That's the problem with say a 10k ES.... IMO

Since I've been getting XM Statues (I have Hulk and Capt. and Magentao, IM 42 & BW on the way) My focus is more on the details of a statue then the ES, before XM I never paid attention to small details as most companies really don't add small details to their statues. Take the new Wonder Woman PF, her outfit is only 1/2 sculpted, all they did was paint her butt blue. If this was an XM statue you know they would of sculpted the outfit so it didn't look like body paint... It's stuff like this that I'm really noticing more on statues or lack thereof. Not that there is anything wrong with how other companies do their statues (to each their own), it's just XM is really raising the level on what I expect when I buy a statue.

Very well said my freind agree!

@dan350zr

Good points buddy. :lecture

If I have a choice with a collectible that I like and want, I most definitely prefer it to at least retain its value. Edition size seems to play a part in that as well as execution, detail, quality and creativity.. As simple, prudent and honest as that.

We are seeing a new level of detail and creativity with XM that is most welcome for me. :clap

Good point on the details Dan... esp the WOnder Woman painted butt.

yea with low es and Grail price we who own it also have THE exclusivity of bragging right... =D

I agree about XM stuff on all accounts but I'm still gonna order from SSC when they release something I really want. Despite high ES, bats, supes, and WW are all must haves for me. I collect what I want, don't care who makes it. Of course XM is hitting a bar that SSC prob can't hit right now cuz they have become too assembly line and dollar signed in the eyes.

Erick Sosa is doing a commission head for it

10931355_1028278380522879_2616771672541855341_n.jpg

10928939_1028269767190407_448088809988339553_o.jpg

Well, XM Studios is the number one company in the market, it's not related with their ES products which is in fact another good thing! First the company acts like a fan, they want to hear their consumers critiques, they share every detail of the production, they COMMUNICATE simply which is awesome! Secondly they are very creative, they blend the comic style with real life, also choose very dynamic poses with great options to display and their bases are truly remarkable! Look at SS Rulk's base which is like a mess and look at XM's bases which contains incredible details with top-notch painting application. This hobby is based on collecting so when you collect something ES is definitely affects your actions! I am not a fan of ES thing but knowing a piece I have which is produced only 800, sure gives me chills and this is not a bad thing! I never sell any piece from my collection so I am not interested with 2nd market prices, just knowing the fact that I have it in my collection and it is rare! "Rare" is the secret word in this hobby that no one argues it! Sorry but Sideshow lost their excitement, they are acting like a action-figure company! And let me say that even NECA is doing more creative things than Sideshow and I still love to buy action figures:) Sideshow has the advantage of having some top licenses and I believe we continue to purchase from Sideshow just for not having another option! We all get crazy happy when a Sideshow in hand product comes with no QC problems, last minute changes and etc. :)) This is not right! This could be not right if we know the true nature of collecting! This is why XM Studios is now number one! Look at their packaging design! They have safety belts and all this time why Sideshow could not give us any update like this? They are giving silver coins as an exclusive which tells me they know the feeling of being a collector! Cause I love to collect! That's it...

Last edited:
Well said fellas. As soon as I got my XM Cap I knew something special was happening in our little hobby. That same week I received the SS Sauron and returned it because it came broken but the paint app was awful and it looked like plastic. The Cap just seemed to have so much love put into it. I felt like a kid again opening a present on Christmas.

I agree with you magnum
excitement in someway lost when a company became to big... when they small the founder have the passion and listen to their customers, suddenly it become to big he have to hire a Customer Rep that doesnt share the same passion with the owner.
this also happen with Hottoys , i heard they were listened to their customer and would change the design if some issue happen.
I hope XM will be true to their vision and mission, low es & high quality product...

Never felt all the buzz with the Jim Lee's art to be honest, if I had one head commissioned it would be a Fassbender portrait from the movies. I don't care much about comic accuracy, to me Fassbender IS Magneto, the guy has a ton of acting talent and his attitude in the movies was just perfect.

Never felt all the buzz with the Jim Lee's art to be honest, if I had one head commissioned it would be a Fassbender portrait from the movies. I don't care much about comic accuracy, to me Fassbender IS Magneto, the guy has a ton of acting talent and his attitude in the movies was just perfect.

Thankfully to you only cause we love comics and we care:)))

I find it funny talking about comic "accuracy", when Magneto's suit has been completely reworked in a realistic style and got a load of praise for that reason.
It's also the reason why I don't think any comic-inspired headsculpt fits with the rest of his body - and that's the impression I get from Sosa's 3D WIP, head and body seem to be made out of different styles.
Not bashing BTW, anyone has the right of buying what they prefer and display what they like more.

My magneto (#63) is shipping today! Shouldn't take too long to get to Australia from Singapore. I'll definitely be adding a video to the pool of reviews on this baby!

Back