XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha yup. My Psylocke had spider cracks in the base. I just got the custom base from pathfinder for Rogue and Gambit. That things amazing. Highly recommended. Oh, and lets not forget I have Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm on rock bases. I will give SS credit for putting a cool magneto helmet on the Cyclops base but then again, its nestled in the back in a corner beneath the rock where no one can see it :thud:

I forgot about that QC disaster. If she didn't have the paint issues (cracks) I would have kept mine and would agree she would have definitely been the 2nd best X-man next to Gambit SS did. But noooooooo......had to have QC issues up the butt. Needless to say I returned mine to SS and got a refund and haven't look back since.

I'm calling it now...XM X Men are superior to SS X Men

If they produce a product that captures their designs accurately than I would say there is. Good chance f this, but not everything they have done is killing it's SSC counterpart the Mark 42, and Hulks piece are not as dynamic as the SSC offerings IMHO.

And why hasn't SS made Professor X or Magneto yet? They are the main villain and good guy if I am not mistaken :cuckoo:

SSC did a Magneto comiquette.

they couldn't determine how to create a rainbow collection line for them?
:rotfl

Careful there kayorzz. There seems to be enough animosity growing on both sides of the XM vs SSC debate, and as an unofficial rep for them I would say it would be better for you not to throw fuel on the fire less a rep from SSC decides to exert some stroke around here. They have some influence, just look at the title of the site.

I have sold all my SS X-Men... maybe XM Xmen can lure me back in this line.

I sold all my SS X-Men except Gambit, and the only other X-Men I have from SS is Apoc.

So far the statues that I like from XM are all X-Men and I most likely will get these:
1. Magneto
2. Phoenix
3. Wolverine

Judging by the pictures those 3 are amazing, much better than SS x-men, and it's not even close.

So these 3 will cost me about $2,100- $2,400 shipped to U.S? :gah:

SSC did a Magneto comiquette.

You right, my bad. :)

I sold all my SS X-Men except Gambit, and the only other X-Men I have from SS is Apoc.

So far the statues that I like from XM are all X-Men and I most likely will get these:
1. Magneto
2. Phoenix
3. Wolverine

Judging by the pictures those 3 are amazing, much better than SS x-men, and it's not even close.

Ouch, I feel you brother. Reminds me when I pay for SS exclusives :lol

1. Magneto
2. Phoenix
3. Wolverine

And the combined costs for 3 still will get you 1 original Doom PF EX or 1 LSF Doom.

Careful there kayorzz. There seems to be enough animosity growing on both sides of the XM vs SSC debate, and as an unofficial rep for them I would say it would be better for you not to throw fuel on the fire less a rep from SSC decides to exert some stroke around here. They have some influence, just look at the title of the site.

It seems the SS reps spend all their time on the other forum (Statue Forum), it's pretty rare to see one of them post here, which tells me they could careless about this site even though it has their name in the title..

Just an observation.....

It seems the SS reps spend all their time on the other forum (Statue Forum), it's pretty rare to see one of them post here, which tells me they could careless about this site even though it has their name in the title..

Just an observation.....

I am just saying that I haven't seen SSC slag XM at all... So maybe XM representatives, even unofficial ones, might not want to start something. There are enough guys here who are friends or friendly with people at SSC who could drop them a line letting them know. I think it is slightly unprofessional, and risky.

gotcha spidey thanks
i'm just a disgruntled sideshow collector turned xm fanboi
guess i was out of line

gotcha spidey thanks
i'm just a disgruntled sideshow collector turned xm fanboi
guess i was out of line

If you were JUST a fanboy I wouldn't say anything...lol. I think this fire is hot enough though as it is, no need for more gas that may lead to a C&D order if SSC decides to flex its muscle n the North American market is all.

Let's just let the quality of the pieces Sideshow and XM produce speak for themselves. If we do that, then XM will have a very nice story to tell and maybe Sideshow will up their game in response.

If you were JUST a fanboy I wouldn't say anything...lol. I think this fire is hot enough though as it is, no need for more gas that may lead to a C&D order if SSC decides to flex its muscle n the North American market is all.

I seriously doubt SS has any Muscle to flex, The consistency of their quality has been going down hill the last two years IMO, if they started to complain to Marvel about XM 500 statues stealing customers from them the first thing Marvel is going to ask is why are people buying XM statues over yours.... I'm pretty sure that's a can of worms SS does not want to open. :)

I seriously doubt SS has any Muscle to flex, The consistency of their quality has been going down hill the last two years IMO, if they started to complain to Marvel about XM 500 statues stealing customers from them the first thing Marvel is going to ask is why are people buying XM statues over yours.... I'm pretty sure that's a can of worms SS does not want to open. :)
PM sent

Ultimately, like I have always maintained....why can't people like both companies products? Why does it have to be this OR that...when it should be this AND that!

But quite honestly, an observation is an observation....no matter who says it. If I own my own company, and another company is putting out garbage, I will take a shot at ya...because what you are in essence doing is degrading the industry I want to see thrive with lazy effort. Case in point, I would have been lambasting SYCO all over the world. I'd expect no less if I had put out some crap and another company put me in check. Keeps me honest...and on my toes to create a better product. I will always respect an individual more who comes out full blast than someone that plays the coy, trying to be super duper nice and not hurt anyone's feelings.

I sure don't see a certain mod not taking shots of PCS (an American company btw) products and any other products that is not SS on a regular basis. So what makes that any better? Now I am not trying to start anything but I think that is a fair assessment and once again, a general observation.

All these SS variants is very similar to the comic book variant covers that started the tailspin of comics as a whole around 20 years or so ago. And it shot that industry into the mud for a long while....it still has yet to recover!

Ultimately, like I have always maintained....why can't people like both companies products? Why does it have to be this OR that...when it should be this AND that!

But quite honestly, an observation is an observation....no matter who says it. If I own my own company, and another company is putting out garbage, I will take a shot at ya...because what you are in essence doing is degrading the industry I want to see thrive with lazy effort. Case in point, I would have been lambasting SYCO all over the world. I'd expect no less if I had put out some crap and another company put me in check. Keeps me honest...and on my toes to create a better product. I will always respect an individual more who comes out full blast than someone that plays the coy, trying to be super duper nice and not hurt anyone's feelings.

I sure don't see a certain mod not taking shots of PCS (an American company btw) products and any other products that is not SS on a regular basis. So what makes that any better? Now I am not trying to start anything but I think that is a fair assessment and once again, a general observation.

All these SS variants is very similar to the comic book variant covers that started the tailspin of comics as a whole around 20 years or so ago. And it shot that industry into the mud for a long while....it still has yet to recover!

PM Sent

Back