XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been cleared to go...

Yeah don't go there Spidey, apparently I pretty much said Santa doesn't exist over in the Thanos thread for having the same idea....what do I know right?

I just responded to that and you were bang on the money. Like I have said movies have sat done and in the can based on licensing problems. While I am very hopeful it will all be okay, anyone who isn't willing to face the issue is fooling themselves. Licensing and copyright laws are very tricky, and I am sure that if ordered to XM would do what they have to too avoid losing their license.

Calm down Shawn, I'm only passing on information given. Of course things can change we could all be struck down with Ebola next week.
Wasn't aware of the discussion in the Thanos thread

I just responded to that and you were bang on the money. Like I have said movies have sat done and in the can based on licensing problems. While I am very hopeful it will all be okay, anyone who isn't willing to face the issue is fooling themselves. Licensing and copyright laws are very tricky, and I am sure that if ordered to XM would do what they have to too avoid losing their license.

Yup, I had to deal with it a couple of times already just for video games. Stuff happens more than people suspect. I think XM is doing great, but I've even seen giants fall. I don't want it so, but too many people are going in over their heads based through hype.

Appreciate that people actually understand that, :hi5:

XM apparently listens to fans' ideas/advice on their product right?
I have an idea for mag-- release him in sept & plz take all my $$$

Just a thought, I don't recall ever having to pay $800 retail for a 1/4th statue yet and I don't think there would ever come the day that I would except for the two main lines I'm concentrating on. (aliens and predator) But after seeing this in person, I just have to say that I'm pretty sure this will be a grail and eventually when new collectors come into the picture I can see this piece going for a whole lot more. So for those of you that think $800 is a little too much, I think it would be a bargain compared to the prices it may eventually go for. Best to try and get it for retail now. I heard they do have some reserved for the upcoming toy convention in Singapore?

Reserve in toy convention?

Assuming there are no more licensing issues.

Dude come on now. The ship has sailed. Let's leave it alone. Nobody wants to hear this crap.

Yeah don't go there Spidey, apparently I pretty much said Santa doesn't exist over in the Thanos thread for having the same idea....what do I know right?

Your analogy is stupid and your sister the attorney hasn't the faintest clue as to what's going on with marvel and fox right now or any licensing rights in the statue community for that matter. You working in the gaming industry holds about as much credentials as me working in the banking industry. Zip zero nada

Please stop throwing negative and garbage what ifs in these threads

If you want one bad enough you can go to Singapore I guess. I used to go to sdcc just get a shot at the pre orders they would do there before opening then up for online po

If you want one bad enough you can go to Singapore I guess. I used to go to sdcc just get a shot at the pre orders they would do there before opening then up for online po

I think I might do just that =)... Thanks for the tips

Yup, I had to deal with it a couple of times already just for video games. Stuff happens more than people suspect. I think XM is doing great, but I've even seen giants fall. I don't want it so, but too many people are going in over their heads based through hype.

Appreciate that people actually understand that, :hi5:

My question to you all talking about licensing issues is....why are you not bringing this up in the SS threads, GG threads, and every other thread that makes Marvel X characters. Everyone will be affected....so all you better hope this gets resolved quickly. SS will be screwed, XM will be screwed, GG and everyone else.

Here is the difference between XM and SS....XM will just go into the pool of 1000s of characters that have yet to be done who are not XMen while SS will go back to another Hulk.

Personally, all this legal talk is quite taxing. If Magneto and Wolverine are put on hold....SO WHAT!!!!! There are 2000 other Marvel characters I could want more.....Thanos being one of them. Loki could then finally be made for once.

ok..so if i wind up getting my hands on this I'm thinking of getting it customized…purple trunks purple neck, more purple on the tips of his boots, essentially more comic 90's look, and then some alterations (minor) to the heads..thoughts?

ok..so if i wind up getting my hands on this I'm thinking of getting it customized…purple trunks purple neck, more purple on the tips of his boots, essentially more comic 90's look, and then some alterations (minor) to the heads..thoughts?

Wow, slow down... In hand first then decide :wink1:

Back