XM Studios Magneto Worth It?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiLeNt DiSgUiSe

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Thinking of selling my EFX Ralph Mcquarrie Darth Vader Helmet to buy Magneto.
Darth-Vader-Concept-Helmet-03.jpg

The Vader is limited to 250 worldwide, while the Magneto is either 800 or 850.
I wanted to see what other collectors think?

I think only you can answer that, of course, but in my opinion, if there's one piece worth going for like this, it is the XM Magneto.

It all depends how much you can get fro that helmet and how much you like it. Being 100% honest, but this is because I don't care about Magneto as a character, I wouldn't even pay retail for Magneto; not unless I was going to turn around and flip it. Now don't get me wrong it is an amazing sculpt, has tones of presence, and the paint quality it amazing. I just don't care enough about Magneto to pay $1250 CDN to get him to my door. Now if XM puts that type of design and work into their New Spiderman, or a Hulk statue... then that would be a difference ball game

Thinking of selling my EFX Ralph Mcquarrie Darth Vader Helmet to buy Magneto.
View attachment 269802

The Vader is limited to 250 worldwide, while the Magneto is either 800 or 850.
I wanted to see what other collectors think?

Since I'm not a Star Wars fan, I would sell whatever piece that is and get Magneto as long as you can get the same amount from it. If the Star Wars Helmet is something you love, and cant get the same amount as what Magneto is going for then I wouldn't sell it.

Magneto is a great piece and I would love to own it, but not for 3300USD plus shipping. Just too much to say "yeah I finally got it".

I own 4 XM pieces so far. I simply put on gloves, open the box, pick the Head sculpt, or various swap out parts I want to display and they put on my shelf, that's it. I see others who preform a ritual around the pieces they buy, but not me. I look at each piece as a nice piece of 3D art that enhances a room.

So If I'm paying retail then that's cool, but to pay triple is too much for something I will put on my shelf within 30min from unboxing, and look at from time to time.

Who do you like more as a character? That's the answer.

I'm gonna say the prop is cooler and more unique to be honest. I'd stick with that. Although, like others have said, it's an amazing XM piece. My favorite tbh and I would love to own one.

Thanks for all the replies.
I did end up buying Magneto for 3200, but with free shipping:yess:

I do prefer Magneto over Vader, but I think what was keeping me from deciding to sell off Vader was it's rarity.
I mean only 250 Vader helmets worldwide. Another ebay seller sold one this week for around 3500.
And that is the only time I have seen the efx ralph mcquarrie vader helmet for sell on ebay.
Given more time I figure I could sell it for more.:banana:banana

Yeah. You posted in the Magneto thread that you ordered it shortly after starting this thread.

Maybe this thread is more about how much you will get for your Vader?

Back