XM Studios Magdalena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this on facebook and while its impressive, that angel in the background is too much IMO. It detracts from her as the focal point. Even if it's painted as a background statue piece, it will still fight for attention. I think it's fine if the background element supports the character but in this case, I think it's too much. Not to mention how much larger this piece has to be just for that statue. I love the detail but if I were a fan of the character, I would be a little annoyed by the overkill in the background and how much that was going to cost extra both in production and shipping.

Cost would be my only thing against it. Overall though, it's a very nice statue. I agree it could be distracting from her being the focus, but I think it's something new and depending on angle, she can still be the main focus.

I like XM's use of unique bases, but I agree that sometimes they look like they're going to pull away focus from the character. I like what they did with Black Bolt since they gave the option of how to display the base. This statue has too much going on with another full figure on a pedestal that's almost double the size of Magdalena.

I think once they color her up with paint and keep the angle faded white stone color she will pop in front of it...

I saw this on facebook and while its impressive, that angel in the background is too much IMO. It detracts from her as the focal point. Even if it's painted as a background statue piece, it will still fight for attention. I think it's fine if the background element supports the character but in this case, I think it's too much. Not to mention how much larger this piece has to be just for that statue. I love the detail but if I were a fan of the character, I would be a little annoyed by the overkill in the background and how much that was going to cost extra both in production and shipping.

You know that's the beauty of options. XM already made a comment on their facebook page about making the statue a similar situation like they did with Black Bolt. Personally, I appreciate bases that are highly intricate and tell a story OR give a solid backdrop. I see nothing wrong with it as it is...and I know that the sharp vibrant Red, Gold, and Black on Magdalena will contrast starkly with the stone (I presume) of the angel statue. I wouldn't be surprise if the comments go from the statue pulling away focus from Magdalena to Magdalena is the only thing I notice when I see it.

If anything, the thing that would concern some is the height of the statue itself. But somehow, I don't think it will be too much of an issue. It will be about the same height as DD or a little taller than BW. We will see soon enough. I personally think the way it looks right now is quite fascinating.

lmao! I just don't understand how the base is detracting. That's crazy. Another company gives a lot of their characters an extra five or six inches by unnecessarily increasing the size of their base to include the occasional coaster underneath it all and that doesn't take away from the character? I don't know **** about this chick, but that base is nothing short of badass. The whole thing is BA. If the other guys did this, there'd be thousands of online erections.

Collectors own and have seen all sorts of dios with all sorts of characters and **** going on in them, and never complained about focus. Or maybe a few have, I don't know.

How can the base take away though? It just gives you way more to look at and say, "Damn that's cool as hell!"

lmao! I just don't understand how the base is detracting. That's crazy. Another company gives a lot of their characters an extra five or six inches by unnecessarily increasing the size of their base to include the occasional coaster underneath it all and that doesn't take away from the character? I don't know **** about this chick, but that base is nothing short of badass. The whole thing is BA. If the other guys did this, there'd be thousands of online erections.

Collectors own and have seen all sorts of dios with all sorts of characters and **** going on in them, and never complained about focus. Or maybe a few have, I don't know.

How can the base take away though? It just gives you way more to look at and say, "Damn that's cool as hell!"

Needs more doggie bowl. :lecture

I love the base and think it's really awesome. I was gonna pass because I love my CS Moore version but the base really has me thinking. Especially since this is a global license

12004770_1493765487609800_3229825475565673557_n.jpg

This is why I love this site....
All I seen was Magdalena in the title and I KNEW who she was straight away.
Awesome character throughout the ages of the top cow universe.
I NEED this as I sold on the Clayburn moore statue.

Back