XM Studios - JLA Superman 1/6 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles DC Rebirth series statue, Superman! The Man of Steel is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:6 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish.

Size matters, but Quality even more so! The new XM DC 1:6 line is specially designed for collectors who desire more space-friendly collectibles, without compromising on the incredible details and quality of larger collectible pieces. At 1:6 scale, XM's creative direction is to showcase more abilities, powers and essence of the characters in a bold, dynamic and story telling style. The new XM 1:6 DC line will amaze you with the details you don't expect at this scale. Smaller scale, smaller boxes, more affordable shipping and pricing means you can fit more of these incredibly detailed collectibles into your collection!

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive… The Man of Steel fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way. From his blue uniform to his flowing red cape to the "S" shield on his chest, Superman is one of the most immediately recognizable and beloved DC Super Heroes of all time. The Man of Steel is the ultimate symbol of truth, justice, and hope. He is the world's first Super Hero and a guiding light to all."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

15zks4.jpg

1aq2ku1.jpg

7l4j73.jpg

11i6j45.jpg

4k0jy7.jpg

There was a guy on Tweeterhead Fans FB group who posted some comparison pics a few weeks ago. That's the 1st (and recalled) version of the TH. You can tell by the cape and the "S" shield.

Those are some great comparison photos. Thanks for sharing those on here man[emoji482]. I own the TH Superman(2nd version) and I love it. For a while I've been on the fence about the XM superman mainly because of the rebirth suit but with this side by side comparison, TH superman is better IMO. Especially since its the same scale as XM and retails for less. Although I do prefer the XM base over the TH base but either way, I'm glad I pulled the trigger on TH Superman. I may end up passing on this XM supes after all.

Up close XM is more realistic looking where TH is more animated looking... just depends on your preference and your wallet :)

Up close XM is more realistic looking where TH is more animated looking... just depends on your preference and your wallet :)
Very true. That's something I overlooked. Both are awesome. Like I said I'm on the fence about the XM but my mind always changes when I look at the statue. The day of my previous post I told myself I'll pass. Today I'm telling myself, "Screw it, I'm getting it." Lol. So yeah, when I'm indecisive between two statues/figures I eventually end up getting both.

Caved in and bought this statue from Specfiction today. Already recieved my UPS tracking # and its scheduled to be delivered Thursday[emoji3]

I bought the xm supes, it just screams high quality the sculpt and paint application is prestine, you can tell they put a hell of a lot of effort into these smaller scale statues- but its also way more expensive than the tweeterhead version, which is priced very well for what you get and is also nicely done but in a more catoony fashion and with less detail. If money is an issue you cant really go wrong with the tweeterhead (esp if you want a more classic look). However if your on a mission to buy the best quality statue regardless of price then xm supes is the winner for 1/6 scale bar none

I actually ended up saving a bit, i was going to buy the ssc supes pf but i cannot get passed that fabric cape and skin tone. While it would have been better bang for my buck to buy the ssc rebirth pf, i still think this XM 1/6 rebirth supes looks better even at the smaller scale. I was willing to pay nearly as much for 1/6 scale than for 1/4 scale which is only like $50 more because it just looks like a higher quality statue regardless of is stature. This will be my 1 and only rebirth representation of the character in my collection.

One of my problems with this piece is that head-on is really the only good angle to view it from. I think it looks really awkward from a side view.

I agree that side view isnt great but alot of statues have angle limitations so we position them at the best angle possible, the one that maximizes the statues artistic integrity. luckily, in this case the side view can be hidden very easily, if you display him front facing (in the proper direction) with other statues around him- as was intended- this wont be an issue at all. For those who plan to display him sideways to show off the side view, this is not the statue for you. But honestly the statue wasnt made for that angle. I bet the p1 hush supes would look a bit off if you displayed him sideways too. I have the opposite problem with my ssc Modern thor pf, he looks terrible positioned straight on with body facing front, so i have him sideways (which is a major waste of space). Old school bats pf has the same problem, he looks weird straight on with that awkward knee bend, so i twist him a bit so the knee blends in better, but the front of the base is not lined up properly by doing so.. personally i prefer statues that look better straight on then twisted to the side

I agree that side view isnt great but alot of statues have angle limitations so we position them at the best angle possible, the one that maximizes the statues artistic integrity. luckily, in this case the side view can be hidden very easily, if you display him front facing (in the proper direction) with other statues around him- as was intended- this wont be an issue at all. For those who plan to display him sideways to show off the side view, this is not the statue for you. But honestly the statue wasnt made for that angle. I bet the p1 hush supes would look a bit off if you displayed him sideways too. I have the opposite problem with my ssc Modern thor pf, he looks terrible positioned straight on with body facing front, so i have him sideways (which is a major waste of space). Old school bats pf has the same problem, he looks weird straight on with that awkward knee bend, so i twist him a bit so the knee blends in better, but the front of the base is not lined up properly by doing so.. personally i prefer statues that look better straight on then twisted to the side

I actually love how the Hush Superman statue looks sideways or at an agle it depends what head your displaying it with, but I too prefer statues that look better straight on

Well ...at least you get to pick your poison. Choose the one you like.

I picked mine ...just that, it wasn't either one of these statues.

Damn, that sucks man. Sorry. I dont mean to add fuel to that fire but I bought mine through spec fiction this past Tuesday, chose the least expensive shipping method and recieved my UPS tracking # a few hours later. It was delivered yesterday(Texas) which was the expected delivery date. The weird thing is my tracking status was stuck in " Order processed. Ready for UPS" the rest of the day Tuesday, all day Wednesday and didnt update or show any movement until about 4am Thursday on the actual delivery day. Hopefully you'll get it sooner. This is my 2nd purchase with Spec fiction and both times I've had a pleasant experience. Good luck man.

Damn, that sucks man. Sorry. I dont mean to add fuel to that fire but I bought mine through spec fiction this past Tuesday, chose the least expensive shipping method and recieved my UPS tracking # a few hours later. It was delivered yesterday(Texas) which was the expected delivery date. The weird thing is my tracking status was stuck in " Order processed. Ready for UPS" the rest of the day Tuesday, all day Wednesday and didnt update or show any movement until about 4am Thursday on the actual delivery day. Hopefully you'll get it sooner. This is my 2nd purchase with Spec fiction and both times I've had a pleasant experience. Good luck man.

Ya I checked again sure enough the expected delivery date is still Wednesday 4/22 :( order placed and shipping noticed received on 4/15. Paid $68 for 3 day shipping, about $30 usd more than the standard shipping.

Had i paid for standard shipping i would have recieved it in the same amount of time

My first XM statue. Overall Its an awesome piece. My opinion of it definitely has changed now that I've seen it in person. Paint apps are nearly perfect,and both head sculpts are fantastic. Not sure which one I want to display it with yet. The details in the suit and base are simple but executed really well and take this thing to another level. If anything, my only gripe would be how much this thing costs. I mean it's a badass statue but, IMO, it's a bit overpriced for a 1/6 scale statue. At the end of the day I'm glad I've added this to the collection along side the Tweeterhead Supes. Both are awesome in their own way. I suck at taking pictures but still snapped a few to share.
07dbe758a54c51bbbb4098b2fc253482.jpg
040ec8c31e7729cf24234d25be19e877.jpg
bdc1e35cf42b59ed6c2fbae3531f931e.jpg
2a0e866d6ee9b56c64214d436fc81cb2.jpg
b7aa26b6cbd0f976b8977fdd17e29cb9.jpg
43c2bd956806b524d78b2171b3e8c21b.jpg
9d4e3358f9615cd3690c303872428571.jpg

Ya I checked again sure enough the expected delivery date is still Wednesday 4/22 :( order placed and shipping noticed received on 4/15. Paid $68 for 3 day shipping, about $30 usd more than the standard shipping. Maybe this is how they make up the price difference, i wondered why it was $30 less than bbts now i know why. Unbelievable

Had i paid for standard shipping i would have recieved it in the same amount of time

It could have just been a clerical error. Did you e-mail him and ask?

It could have just been a clerical error. Did you e-mail him and ask?

No, there is not much he could have done to change the shipping from standard ground to 3 day while it was in transit. I guess i could email for a credit but i really dont think i should have to do that. I really can’t see how a mistake like this was made, its mostly an automated po system. Lets say it was a glitch or a mistake he should have caught it by now and reached out to me. The amount he billed me for shipping on the invoice exceeds the cost of standard 5 day by a significant amount and would result in an unusually high credit difference on his shipping expense general ledger and or a significantly high sales margin on his sales revenue-shipping report if he records its that way instead. I also want to get the product first and make sure it arrives in one piece.

Back