XM Studios: JLA - Aquaman 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles DC Rebirth series statue, Aquaman! The King of the Seven Seas is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:6 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish.
Size matters, but Quality even more so! The new XM DC 1:6 line is specially designed for collectors who desire more space-friendly collectibles, without compromising on the incredible details and quality of larger collectible pieces. At 1:6 scale, XM's creative direction is to showcase more abilities, powers and essence of the characters in a bold, dynamic and story telling style. The new XM 1:6 DC line will amaze you with the details you don't expect at this scale. Smaller scale, smaller boxes, more affordable shipping and pricing means you can fit more of these incredibly detailed collectibles into your collection!

Born to both the surface and the sea, Arthur Curry walks in two worlds but can find a home in neither. The King of Atlantis looks to reconcile his split heritage as he embarks on a new mission that may finally make him choose between his two paths."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

40653935_214173228271dail8.jpg

40684647_214173219604tkiyt.jpg

40635170_214173227271yriv0.jpg

Man that's a well defined back lol

Seriously though this is perfect, except for the scale

For me, the scale on this particular piece is perfect.

I usually only have two larger pieces out at a time. One is on top of a walnut file cabinet with a surface area of 22"x25". The other is a smaller DIY pine bookcase with a top area of 13"x12"

The former works good for most PFs, but the ideal height should about 25"-27". A short 1/4 like the newest SS Wolverine needed 7" riser before it was able to really command that space.

Aquaman's is estimated at 11.5" x 13" and that's all in the mid section so the base will have no problem fitting within a square foot area.

At 19" tall, with most of the mass coming in under 17", this is a very generous height for a scale smaller than 1/5 or 1/4. The Wolverine PF was only 17" IIRC.

Size for price, this isn't as out of line as I keep thinking it is. It seems high compared to Tweeterheads 1/6 Super powers line, but those are generally as basic as it gets- in every aspect from pose down to detailing. Not really a complaint, just an observation.

And since Chad is wanting to stick to a sub $300 price point, I don't see his eventual Aquaman being astride an even larger seashorse with a small school of fish swimming past.
I can see them maybe doing a swimming pose, with a more horizontal/diagonal orientation which could actually be very cool. More likely he'll just be another riff on what SS's already done, this time with one knee up on a piece of coral.

A 1200 ES cap for this seems high- but I think the movie is going to be a hit and turn this into a sleeper piece. It's already doing well in China.

Wish I could afford this right now. If him and mera were 1/4 scale I'd find a way lol

I?m really hoping XM gets a regular 1/4 DC license. They could just reproduce all the pieces in this line at 1/4 scale and I?d be happy.

It seems i have the only supes that leans a bit, it bugs me everytime i see it. Do your guys supes slot in firmly into hole? Mine wiggles and slide around like crazy, i have him the best i can get him but hs still looks really wierd from the side. Its so easy to move him around on the peg something has to be wrong he like moves on his own, and i cannot get him to be compeltely straight no matter whatvi do. Its hard to notice at some angles but at others is driving my ocd crazy. Unfornteately i cannot return it cause it was already replaced once for defects, but if i had it to do over again i would have kept the first one with paint issues on the the leg cause statue is much worse- it bugs me like no other. Its a wobbly mess, no chance to fall off but it wont sit straight no matter what i do. I am so stupid for not keeping the first one with paint blemishes cause spec fiction sent me a pos replacement thats even worse

I am so close to just tossing this ****er back in box and buying another from anyone other then spec fiction- problem is bbts sold out. If worse comes to worse ill just box this pos back up and and make room for the black version. I got flash from bbts the other day and he is simply awesome/flawless makes my leaning tower of piza supes look like ****. The only time i hate the statue hobby is buying from venders that end up sending you junk 2 times in a row. Its my fault i should have purchased supes from bbts but i had heard good things from spec fiction and back in the day while he was still in cali he came thru with perfect orders for me. Oh well i hate looking at the ****er at least flash somewhat covers him. Bbts sent me a perfect flash. If were you guys id only buy from spec fiction as a last resort cause eventually you will get ****ed with qc laden statues. I am not sure if i upset him in some way but if did that would explain why my replacement statue was more defective then my first. Ill take small paint blemish over a learning statue any day. Otherwise he is buying broken repaired/returned statues from xm, what are the odds of getting two ****ed up ones in a row from a company like that thats known for quality- the odds are just as low as being struck by lightning

Is it possible to fix my supes by adding some blue tac around the peg Itself, would it seat in properly or prevent it from pegging in at all

It seems i have the only supes that leans a bit, it bugs me everytime i see it. Do your guys supes slot in firmly into hole? Mine wiggles and slide around like crazy, i have him the best i can get him but hs still looks really wierd from the side. Its so easy to move him around on the peg something has to be wrong he like moves on his own, and i cannot get him to be compeltely straight no matter whatvi do. Its hard to notice at some angles but at others is driving my ocd crazy. Unfornteately i cannot return it cause it was already replaced once for defects, but if i had it to do over again i would have kept the first one with paint issues on the the leg cause statue is much worse- it bugs me like no other. Its a wobbly mess, no chance to fall off but it wont sit straight no matter what i do. I am so stupid for not keeping the first one with paint blemishes cause spec fiction sent me a pos replacement thats even worse

I am so close to just tossing this ****er back in box and buying another from anyone other then spec fiction- problem is bbts sold out. If worse comes to worse ill just box this pos back up and and make room for the black version. I got flash from bbts the other day and he is simply awesome/flawless makes my leaning tower of piza supes look like ****. The only time i hate the statue hobby is buying from venders that end up sending you junk 2 times in a row. Its my fault i should have purchased supes from bbts but i had heard good things from spec fiction and back in the day while he was still in cali he came thru with perfect orders for me. Oh well i hate looking at the ****er at least flash somewhat covers him. Bbts sent me a perfect flash. If were you guys id only buy from spec fiction as a last resort cause eventually you will get ****ed with qc laden statues. I am not sure if i upset him in some way but if did that would explain why my replacement statue was more defective then my first. Ill take small paint blemish over a learning statue any day. Otherwise he is buying broken repaired/returned statues from xm, what are the odds of getting two ****ed up ones in a row from a company like that thats known for quality- the odds are just as low as being struck by lightning

Is it possible to fix my supes by adding some blue tac around the peg Itself, would it seat in properly or prevent it from pegging in at all

I'm not sure about fixing it as I'd need to see the issue, but you don't seriously believe Todd at SpecFiction is opening all the boxes and picking out the bad ones just to send to you do you? I'm pretty sure your issues were on XM's side and you just had bad luck getting two bad ones in a row. I've gotten 3 XM statues from SpecFiction and haven't had an issue yet. I get your frustration with getting defective statues though. It makes you want to quit the hobby. I just think your anger is misplaced.

I'm not sure about fixing it as I'd need to see the issue, but you don't seriously believe Todd at SpecFiction is opening all the boxes and picking out the bad ones just to send to you do you? I'm pretty sure your issues were on XM's side and you just had bad luck getting two bad ones in a row. I've gotten 3 XM statues from SpecFiction and haven't had an issue yet. I get your frustration with getting defective statues though. It makes you want to quit the hobby. I just think your anger is misplaced.

You are probably right I am just frustrated, I can send pictures of the peg and peg hole too you if that would help at all. I honestly love the statue but now flash arrived he makes my supes look even worse, its hard to get the angle of supes right with the leaning issue to display well next to him. The worst part is that supes is my favorite character, I probably could have dealt with lean on any of the others but the way he is connected to the base it really highlights the lean defect. If I can jam some blu tac in there and fix it that way it would be awesome, or if I have to send it off to pay to get it repaired I'd do that too. The problem is, if it needs to be repaired, I have no idea where to send it too but first things first. Whatever you suggest will be my starting point

If its cool with you I'll DM you pictures but I cannot do it until I get home from work, just let me know

You are probably right I am just frustrated, I can send pictures of the peg and peg hole too you if that would help at all. I honestly love the statue but now flash arrived he makes my supes look even worse, its hard to get the angle of supes right with the leaning issue to display well next to him. The worst part is that supes is my favorite character, I probably could have dealt with lean on any of the others but the way he is connected to the base it really highlights the lean defect. If I can jam some blu tac in there and fix it that way it would be awesome, or if I have to send it off to pay to get it repaired I'd do that too. The problem is, if it needs to be repaired, I have no idea where to send it too but first things first. Whatever you suggest will be my starting point

If its cool with you I'll DM you pictures but I cannot do it until I get home from work, just let me know

I would probably try the blue tac if I were you. Sometimes these mass produced statues have minor issues and you can correct them fairly easily. My replacement Tweeterhead Superman cape wasn't sitting correctly, but I was able to fix it by simply slipping a piece of folded up paper between the cape and the body.

Back