Statue XM Studios - Hulkbuster 1/4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats! this statue looks awesome!

could you give me some indication about the dimensions of the boxes? i have to find room for them :D
hopefully the waiting time for my buster isn't soooo much longer ... i really hate the waiting game ;)

This is me too. As good as this XM piece is, that HT Buster is freakin awesome too!

Yah it is, I've been looking at HT Iron Man items for a while (years) without getting one.
Considered the first Hulk Buster when it came out but never ordered, decided to pull the trigger on that and the Mark XLVI concept art version. That scale really lends itself to the details that show on Iron Man really well. Still expensive (and large for the scale) but a good alternative to something like the XM piece.

89lbs.. :lol I think that takes the cake on size/weight on most pieces in this hobby.

Owning the Hot Toys hulkbuster and having seen this XM piece in person - The overall paint quality/detail on the XM piece just completely blows away the Hot Toys one. At three times the price point, it definitely should. Wish it didn't cost over $800 just to ship this thing to the U.S. That's what I paid for the Hot Toys Hulkbuster.

Owning the Hot Toys hulkbuster and having seen this XM piece in person - The overall paint quality/detail on the XM piece just completely blows away the Hot Toys one. At three times the price point, it definitely should. Wish it didn't cost over $800 just to ship this thing to the U.S. That's what I paid for the Hot Toys Hulkbuster.

It's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this myself. Just can't justify paying the shipping cost plus the retail value of the statue. It'd be easily the most I've ever spent on a statue by a lot. As a family man, I cringe at dropping that much on any collectible. Even one as jaw dropping as the XM HULKbuster.

Anyone on the fence? I can easily say it’s the most impressive piece I own. I have a few 1/3 scale pieces and this is the biggest and heaviest of the lot.

The Hot Toys piece is awesome. Very neat. I’ve considered that piece before. Certainly not a toy also.

Dimensions for the box’s are

26f1f2b16f1ded0559d683a6dc5ce419.jpg

5fcfbeae669d80338274a388d5f915fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah it is, I've been looking at HT Iron Man items for a while (years) without getting one.
Considered the first Hulk Buster when it came out but never ordered, decided to pull the trigger on that and the Mark XLVI concept art version. That scale really lends itself to the details that show on Iron Man really well. Still expensive (and large for the scale) but a good alternative to something like the XM piece.

89lbs.. :lol I think that takes the cake on size/weight on most pieces in this hobby.

Totally agree.

...And yea, 89lbs is no joke. Talk about a shelf breaker.

thank you, Kain!

those boxes are pretty big ... i really have to plan a bit better :D

OOh yeah totally can’t compare it’s like comparing a Honda Civic to a a Bugatti Chiron .

Uptown toys is a high end toy this is a piece of luxury movie art

amazing pictures very cool.
Question
1- did you have the foam pieces on the base were hb fist goes, and foam in feet of iron man when inside hb.

2 how does the left arm of the Iron Man fit Is it snug or lose my replacement arm is coming this week because mine was very loose

Totally loved every minute of unboxing this beast and putting it together. Absolute Marvel

8d84d252c558c14ec930ef92e9fa1749.jpg

dc68fad75303680df410771d7805a000.jpg

1b4e0b967ef51bc275bdab709cc9199d.jpg

9760edca10d96514331e2c364beca6e0.jpg

2746fc937cadc323874a36dff4e0e211.jpg

36b0c39e26644e6b3228e056121c1c7c.jpg

amazing pictures very cool.
Question
1- did you have the foam pieces on the base were hb fist goes, and foam in feet of iron man when inside hb.

2 how does the left arm of the Iron Man fit Is it snug or lose my replacement arm is coming this week because mine was very loose

Hey man! When I received mine. I put this beast together alone. I had no issues with the torso going onto the legs. Though the instructions in the book are useless. There were foam pieces inserted were Hulkbusters legs go. None were on Hulkbuster himself though. The fist had no foam neither. It should have been added in my opinion. The left arm fitted snuggly. I’ve heard others have had lose arms etc. Your not alone there!

The Right arm peg though inserted correctly should have been engineered better for fitment. That was the one part that gave me little grief.

I also believe the battle damaged chest reactor should have a light up feature. It somehow didn’t make it to production. But was present on the prototype. There was no foam inside were Iron man sits also. This should have been implemented somehow.

I’ve also heard one collectors Torso didn’t fit at all and he has to wait 6 months for a full replacement, his so upset. However it’s an amazing piece! Like you were saying it’s a grail. Once you get this all set up perfectly it turns heads.

Hello everyone,
I made a step by step video of my installation. The upper torso was difficult to install on mine. It took a lot of messing with it to get it to sit properly and have the inside gap look more like a seam. I was not able to capture that on my video. It took me a while to figure it out and once I did, I didn't want to detach to go through it again.

The left arm is designed to be lose, but will not fall out if moved.

The rest of the install is smooth.

One last thing to note thanks to KainSwiss for pointing it out to me, is the left thigh battery button controls the rear Thruster LED and the Rear Foot LED.

If your batteries are weak, Only the Orange rear thruster will light up and the power will not be enough to reach the rear foot.

Since the right thigh only needs to power the rear Orange leg thruster and doesn’t have an exposed foot LED the batteries maybe stronger so you can remove them from the right thigh compartment and install inside the left thigh compartment and that may be enough juice to light up the foot.

Well here is the video. Please note I have no commercials on my videos and make zero money from them. Just enjoy this hobby as well as my other hobbies and want to share with others.

Have they shipped almost all of these out yet it they do doing it in batches?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

One of my hulkbuster boxes come in... The other was stuck at customs but is in its way. I think

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Guys, is this normal? It feels like they installed it wrong. The switch should be on the opposite side of the big peg. So they should turn 180degree cos the switch supposed to go to the hole. So now, it's kinda wobbles cos the switch are slightly higher than the surface.
So is this just mine or everyone got the same like mine?

IMG_20190129_134430.jpg

Back