XM Studios Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe XM had to go this modern route, because SS is doing the classic costume. Sadly though, SS is not doing a classic head, plus their pose is not the best from what I've seen.

I just hope XM doesn't have to sway away from classic Spidey when they announce it, just cause SS is doing the classic one.

I don't really think they had to do anything. I mean, I don't think SSC's influence on XM's direction necessarily is that big. Of course, from a market stand point, it may be a consideration that there's a "similar" statue being made. But if they sell their entire edition anyways that shouldn't factor in. So, if they believe they are better or can do better.

I don't really think they had to do anything. I mean, I don't think SSC's influence on XM's direction necessarily is that big. Of course, from a market stand point, it may be a consideration that there's a "similar" statue being made. But if they sell their entire edition anyways that shouldn't factor in. So, if they believe they are better or can do better.

There is a possibility that Marvel themselves wouldn't approve a similar design.

I believe XM had to go this modern route, because SS is doing the classic costume. Sadly though, SS is not doing a classic head, plus their pose is not the best from what I've seen.

I just hope XM doesn't have to sway away from classic Spidey when they announce it, just cause SS is doing the classic one.

The SS version is far from classic.

The SS version is far from classic.

I meant more of the scalpes on the green part of it. Either way neither XM or SSC is offering what I'm looking for, and that's why I'm going with Troy's version...it's a piece of beauty!!!!

I'm not sure how or why ss came up with their design. I don't think the statue will be bad but they definitely just made up their own green goblin.

I know I'm in the minority but I hope XM does add some of their own flair to their Spidey statue. Not going totally left, or as many changes as they made to Daredevil, but I hope they excite it up just a little bit. Similar to how the upcoming Iron Studios uses texture on the costume, it's like the movie costumes textured patterns on the classic comic costume...it doesn't really change what the costume is. I hope XM comes up with something just a bit different that doesn't sacrifice the appeal of the classic costume.

I'm not sure how or why ss came up with their design. I don't think the statue will be bad but they definitely just made up their own green goblin.

I know I'm in the minority but I hope XM does add some of their own flair to their Spidey statue. Not going totally left, or as many changes as they made to Daredevil, but I hope they excite it up just a little bit. Similar to how the upcoming Iron Studios uses texture on the costume, it's like the movie costumes textured patterns on the classic comic costume...it doesn't really change what the costume is. I hope XM comes up with something just a bit different that doesn't sacrifice the appeal of the classic costume.

I totally see what you are saying about Spidey. XM is in a tough spot, cause everyone revealed theirs except them, but I have faith in their creativity.

I'm hoping they don't deviate too much from the standard design, and be more creative with posing and change pieces to make him capable of couple poses. That would be sick!!

I totally see what you are saying about Spidey. XM is in a tough spot, cause everyone revealed theirs except them, but I have faith in their creativity.

I'm hoping they don't deviate too much from the standard design, and be more creative with posing and change pieces to make him capable of couple poses. That would be sick!!

True about XM being in a tough spot. With Goblin there's only been one but with Spidey there's more options...the old PF...I have the comiquette and new PF on PO...all traditional red and blue Spidey. XM being last to roll theirs out and with the reputation they have, it's likely to get scrutinized like crazy. The Iron Studios appears to have shiney red paint (although I'm not sure if that element will make it to the final) in addition to the textured blue parts, and a wild pose; the fact it looks a bit different is what draws me to it. And the base looks awesome.

I'm sure XM will come up with something cool that most won't be able to get either way, lol.

Instead of copying a crappy design exactly, I would have rather XM just did their own thing with the costume and made it all their own. Like Magneto.

Wait mags had a new design? Looks like the same old mags to me? Was there a different color version or something? The suit etc looks no different that what I see in the pics of the comics? Eitherway mags look like mags. Same as this will look the same as all goblins unless they change him drastically with a knight armor, or a dress or something many will never know the differences if they are very minor. Kind of like all the many bat suits. They all look the same to me.

And right about now, we are gonna go way off topiccccc hahaha

Wait mags had a new design? Looks like the same old mags to me? Was there a different color version or something? The suit etc looks no different that what I see in the pics of the comics? Eitherway mags look like mags. Same as this will look the same as all goblins unless they change him drastically with a knight armor, or a dress or something many will never know the differences if they are very minor. Kind of like all the many bat suits. They all look the same to me.

A dress though?

But for real all the bats looks the same only a few added new items to the belt and its a new batman? Same with mags the suit looks like it always does. Unless it's a major make over who would even know? :dunno but I guess for fans who plays the games and follows the comics it's more detailed than just collecting cool looking statues. Ok, ok...I get it. I did see the mag changes today. It was a white magneto from koto. Now that's a change for sure and everyone can see the differences. Kind of looks cool how he's all white. But really don't know why is he all white. I will figure it out later. So glad XM is not into repaints. If they repainted the first mags all white I would stop collecting XM. But as for GG I liked the character just not sure if I want to buy him aftermarket prices. If anyone can make him amazing it's XM for sure. So many I was never a fan of but XM made me want it after I get blown away by the pics when they are released.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

"Some work in progress for Green Goblin.....we are still doing refining and detailing" XM FB

12065731_1608119072742119_1434033574585423755_n.jpg

12193575_1608119092742117_5289704226088786654_n.jpg

12193679_1608119109408782_5904468854872551926_n.jpg

12190113_1608119136075446_8441631675143572429_n.jpg

Looks like XM copied Sideshows idea of having bombs attached to his satchel strap.

The base look kool the only I hope don't look like butter Pop corn base from PF SSC spiderman and BIB I love those too but that base well...

Back