XM Studios Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad XM understood the eye lenses are built into the mask and so he doesn't need to wear an extra pair of goggles when flying, it's a shame Sideshow couldn't figure that out.

25zs36o.jpg

Maybe he isn't wearing a mask and this is one of the renditions when he had actually transformed into a Goblin so the eyes aren't lenses in a mask but his actual eyes... That was part of the mythos as far back as Spiderman and His Amazing Friends

Have you guys noticed that the strap holding the hood blends into the face of GG ?

The strap is a separate tool and it is simply pushed so far in it is sinking past the level of his face.... It would take 1 second to fix.

Maybe he isn't wearing a mask and this is one of the renditions when he had actually transformed into a Goblin so the eyes aren't lenses in a mask but his actual eyes... That was part of the mythos as far back as Spiderman and His Amazing Friends

That could be true for this statue but I think the main problem people have with that is SS provided a comic book Spidey, so naturally people expected a comic book Green Goblin to match instead of some other interpretation, like a version where he's an actual Goblin. There's plenty of versions where he transforms but "our" Green Goblin, the traditional 616 Green Goblin that should match the traditional comic book Spider-Man PF as presented, hasn't and doesn't transform, he wears a mask. A mask that seemingly changes expressions with his own natural face, but a mask nonetheless.

I honestly think SS didn't think about the logistics of this being a mask, or him actually transforming, they probably just designed and sculpted what they thought would look cool regardless of anything else.

I'm gonna wait until we see the whole SSC GG before I make any comments. I do like what I've seen so far though. Can't wait to see the XM GG printed up.

Looks stunning but costume could still use some tweaking. The arms and legs looks pretty much the same as their classic ironman.

I love the head sculpt, but I hope XM changes his midsection, and ditch the armor piece. It just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the costume.

What do you think guys if the costume looked like this, or same material as the gloves and the boots?

XMGG_Me_zpsxok50q5i.jpg

XMGGback_Me_zps2f113oyx.jpg

Was really hoping for a classic green goblin. The body armour style doesn't resonate with me. Too much raimi

Was really hoping for a classic green goblin. The body armour style doesn't resonate with me. Too much raimi

my thoughts exactly. Neither this nor the SS version speak to me. I think I will be going the custom route to get my GG fix.

I feel both XM & SS will pull this off big time, regardless of straying from tradition. Ultra detail, with a great pose, will trump bland traditional releases of the past every time. But XM will probably give some kind of traditional take on their GG.

Just wish SS would reveal their version already, as the long wait may render the reveal as anti-climatic.

I feel both XM & SS will pull this off big time, regardless of straying from tradition. Ultra detail, with a great pose, will trump bland traditional releases of the past every time. But XM will probably give some kind of traditional take on their GG.

Just wish SS would reveal their version already, as the long wait may render the reveal as anti-climatic.

Totally agree with you. With the sneak peeks of a couple GG wips already, SSC might lose potential buyers.

I honestly cannot stand the trend in comic book costumes to give everyone a "Colossus" style armor. It just looks ridiculous and is super stupid. Literally Colossus is the only character that should ever have the "horizontal lines" style armor....because it's his skin.

I hope Sideshow's ends up ticking my fancy because I just don't like this.

Might not make a difference for some of you but this costume is directly from the comics.

image28.jpg

And THIS VERSION of the costume, in this normal reality, is a mask with built in eye shields...even the teeth are in the mask. But of course being a comic, when he puts it on it emotes with him, not very different from how Spider-Man's mask eyes move with his expressions:

image27.jpg

image29.jpg

Also, artist Mike Deodato also thinks Norman should look like Tommy Lee Jones for some reason, but artistic license and whatnot.

This Deodato costume XM is doing is actually an update of Humberto Ramos' redesign from the early 2000s.

background.jpg

Back