Statue XM Studios - Dragon Tiger Gate 天下無敵

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures from ToySoul 亞洲玩具展 at SHCC 2016

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

19xtk5q.jpg

2095j1c.jpg

Picture from Leon YI at SHCC 2016

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

14925700_107524655257rnjh3.jpg

14947484_1074525139317ukf6.jpg

So i just got him today. First impressions are it's a lot bigger than impressions give especially in depth.

Entire design and flow of the statue is amazing.

Love the paints apps on the swordsman himself, both portraits are awesome, especially the open mouthed portrait with the black eyes, the gloss on them is a super nice touch. Paint apps on the swords are great too, didn't expect them to be so green/jade in colour really pops as the statue is basically only 2 other colours.

Now the base paint, i think it's fine, there's definitely not enough colour in it fr me and it's definitely not like it was on proto pictures, there's colour there but its very very subtle i would have proffered a much more pearl essence effect with more colours running through....maybe even a gloss on it, i feel like it needs to pop and it isn't.....i'm interested to get my camera on this and see what pops but under normal lighting it definitely looks a bit flat.

When it comes to XM and prices i pay i expect something extraordinary and this is a very very good, a great, a fantastic, an impressive statue but i feel it could have been put over the top and made it very special with more attention given to the base paints.

I wanna soak more of this in and will do over the course of doing pics and my video review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWKE8nCmn-E&t

Here's my review guys. If you wanna skip me talking about Hong Kong comics and stuff you can skip to 15 minutes in where i get on to the statue.

Quick size comparison pic, bit of an odd line up but you can see him next to Zhao Yun and across from the Darkness, he is very big but it is all depth, as you can see his width from this angle and height aren't really a problem, but is depth is basically going right to the back of the room to the wall!

xah53Yc.jpg

Pictures from Justin Ho

"Finally have the time to unbox the XM Studios Shibumi 火云邪神. It's definitely the among the best HK Comics statues ever released. The details is amazing especially the base and the head sculpt. Paint job is better than the prototype as they have improved on the skin toning. The pics might not be very good as its taken from my handphone. It look much better in person and its very heavy. My wife think its amazing too. Hope you like it.", Justin Ho.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

27749779_101555683208aepf9.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok guys just unboxed him and wow he looks good!

Base is heavy as hell, no idea why but it feels like it's been carved from stone, this is the sort of base that shows you don't need big clear resin effects and light up features, it's a tour-de-force in sculpting, perfectly done, paints are brilliant and the real chains really set it off.

Shibumi himself is very very well painted, the lines are very clean, colours in the coat are nicely done which isn't picked up in pictures much.

The amount of swap outs is great, i love the pole for the staff is just a copper rod lol, feels and looks great. One thing i am dissapointed about is the mask arm is now one piece, so this open palmed pose is no longer possible.

shibumi06.jpg

And to be honest the open palms in the other hands look kind of meh, i know Xm weren't happy with them anyway and just included them as a "might as well" but i did like this display option.

Now the unmasked face is different from the proto there's no way round it it has been painted differently, it has lost some of it's intensity as it does seem to have slightly bigger eyes are an overall softer look. Now that's not to say it looks bad it doesn't it looks awesome just its now a 9/10 rather than a 10/10.

Overall it's a fantastically simple, elegant and imposing statue with a real quality feel and a wealth of swap outs!

Pics and video review incoming :)

Back