XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get what all the fuss is about. I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I thought everything about the sculpt/paint/pose was fantastic! Erick Sousa is by far one of the best sculptors and his work is always top notch. However, the only "issue" that I have with the whole piece is the base. And by that I just mean that I would prefer a different setting. Nothing is "wrong" with the base, I would have just liked to see a different base setting like the one floating around to get 100 likes. Very very minor and not really an issue.

I think all the Avenger statues are going with the same base setting so it has an inner city feel. Too late to stop the flow but I agree with your thinking. After seeing what a base did for Magneto...there's really no argument imo.

I just thing the face looks feminin. Even the bearded face looks feminin. Such a narrow jaw, and the cheek bones. I am not trying to flame, just being honest.

Here's my opinion on this piece.

It looks great. It might be the definitive Thor. The change out pieces are second to none. To those second guessing the spinning hammer... Thor can whip it around with his wrist. He doesn't need a forearm or an angle. He's Thor. He's a badass. Mjolnir is his baby.

As far as the price range... if I was more wealthy I'd own it. But I'd also complain. But I get hype. I get new trends. I've never understood elitism. But I respect it.

I also, as a long time collector who might be a little bit older, also understand hot items. And I also understand flipping hot items. And I also understand losing my lunch waiting too long to flip hot items.

I will say the price point is too high on these. 10 years from now I can see this in my collection for pennies on the dollar.

And two of those pennies are just my two cents.

In closing... it's a tremendous statue.

Pennies on the dollar??? That's not going to happen unless scientists find out polystone/resin cause impotence. Even then some guys will say fug it.

I know this gonna be such a off topic.

This piece compares with Sideshow's Lobo, regardless of the price (since I'm outside US, their price will be around the same.).

Who will you choose? I have to choose now, really afraid of Sideshow's QC too.

This piece compares with Sideshow's Lobo, regardless of the price (since I'm outside US, their price will be around the same.).

You are asking this question on the Thor thread, it's not a fair fight for Lobo! Anyways, I have Lobo and Dawg PO, if I have to choose between Thor and Lobo, I will get Thor. Even if you want Lobo, get Thor now, sell it in a couple months for double what you paid, then buy Lobo, it's like you are getting it for free...

We all know XM Thor is going to have perfect QC, as for SS Lobo will have to wait and see what they give us, because we know it won't look like the prototype QC wise...

Back