XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7GvtHI.jpg

Finally, received this amazing beast. He has some amazing presence. The size of the sculpt is so impressive. The fine line XM likes to walk between comic and realism is on full display here. I feel if they went platinum blond hair, it would have not felt 'Comic Real' that XM has mastered. I am most impressed with the veins being so lifelike, the size of his arms(especially forearms), the face sculpt, the cape and lightning bolts on the spinning hammer. The options with this Thor are aplenty. They even gave you an option for the wings on the helmet (closed or spread out). The pose is a bit stiff, but I still think it is perfect and it gives off that (I am a god) look. The cape is massive and has a great flow. Eric Sosa knocked the head sculpt out of the park. His quads could have been made more massive/muscular. All of these Avenger X-Man pieces and the bases really match so well like one big diorama except for Iron Man. Here's hoping they make an Iron Man with that New York street feel to it base.

Better late than never. :) I partially blamed Christian for his great reviews that led me to this decision. Thanks Christian! :hi5:

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

Last edited:
I wish I had this statue :(

Anybody know what the going rate is? If he's even available anywhere? :(

He's selling for about a grand. Check the for sale section. There's a member (amalak) there selling one with a coin. Good luck, I hope you can add one to your collection. It's a great looking statue.

Looks great, SC!

I concur ...perfect rendition of classic Thor. Love this piece!

Looking for some general opinions and advice, I've been on the fence about this piece, and all XM pieces, primarily due to the huge shipping costs from overseas. However, I've recently had the opportunity to pick this up at what I felt is a decent price and was curious as to the general feeling across the board with how this piece displays and whether it's worth the price tag it commands either now or in the past.

The value of the piece seems to be dropping a bit in the eBay world and although pricing is a sensitive topic, what do you guys feel would be a price that qualifies as a "no-brainer" pick-up price for the piece.

I like to view it as if you can score an XM statue for the straight USD amount of the original SGD amount, you've done well. For example, Thor was $1050 SGD, so if you could put it in your collection for that amount in USD, including shipping and fees then you've done well. It really works most times as the higher retail statues generally have the higher shipping, as well. Anything less than that is moving into a great deal.

This was my first Xm piece (and only one so far) and I can't recommend it highly enough. Pictures just don't do it justice. It is absolutely huge and has a lot of presence. I have it displayed with other sideshow premium formats in an Avengers line up and it scales in perfectly and compliments the others so well. I live in the UK I paid £850 for it inclusive of taxes, delivery, etc. I was extremely hesitant about spending this amount of money on a statue, but I really wanted a Thor and I didn't really like the sideshow one. I do not regret it and am still blown away by this piece everytime i look at it. I own around 6 or 7 1/4 scale statues and the sideshow batman pf was always my favorite but i have to say this one tops it. I dont tell other people what i paid for it when they ask. Part of me does question myself for spending so much on it when just a few years ago I was pondering over whether to spend £120 on my first hot toy, but hey, thats life all over, and i guess theres unhealthier obsessions i could spend my money on. I would recommend getting it, but thats just my opinion.

This was my first Xm piece (and only one so far) and I can't recommend it highly enough. Pictures just don't do it justice. It is absolutely huge and has a lot of presence. I have it displayed with other sideshow premium formats in an Avengers line up and it scales in perfectly and compliments the others so well. I live in the UK I paid £850 for it inclusive of taxes, delivery, etc. I was extremely hesitant about spending this amount of money on a statue, but I really wanted a Thor and I didn't really like the sideshow one. I do not regret it and am still blown away by this piece everytime i look at it. I own around 6 or 7 1/4 scale statues and the sideshow batman pf was always my favorite but i have to say this one tops it. I dont tell other people what i paid for it when they ask. Part of me does question myself for spending so much on it when just a few years ago I was pondering over whether to spend £120 on my first hot toy, but hey, thats life all over, and i guess theres unhealthier obsessions i could spend my money on. I would recommend getting it, but thats just my opinion.

I was the same way, debating first purchases from Koto Fine Arts to first Sideshow and then XM. The way I see it, if you truly appreciate what you are buying.. then the cost becomes bearable.

I like to view it as if you can score an XM statue for the straight USD amount of the original SGD amount, you've done well. For example, Thor was $1050 SGD, so if you could put it in your collection for that amount in USD, including shipping and fees then you've done well. It really works most times as the higher retail statues generally have the higher shipping, as well. Anything less than that is moving into a great deal.

IMO that would be a no brainer in two ways. The buyer would have to have no brain to even consider not getting it, and the seller, well, that would be a little crazy too. :D

Kidding aside, you basically need to find someone State side that was able to import the piece on a corporate shipping account and/or one they didn't have to pay for. Otherwise I can't see how the seller wouldn't lose a good bit.

IMO that would be a no brainer in two ways. The buyer would have to have no brain to even consider not getting it, and the seller, well, that would be a little crazy too. :D

Kidding aside, you basically need to find someone State side that was able to import the piece on a corporate shipping account and/or one they didn't have to pay for. Otherwise I can't see how the seller wouldn't lose a good bit.

I agree, but apparently plenty of people are doing it since I routinely see these things around those prices, even on eBay. I always wonder how people manage it, but they seem to.

I agree, but apparently plenty of people are doing it since I routinely see these things around those prices, even on eBay. I always wonder how people manage it, but they seem to.

Yeah, I think people have started to realize here in the US, for a while now, you can't just decide you don't want your average XM piece anymore, and sell it without a loss.

Back