XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A retailer I messaged a few weeks ago about getting Thor contacted me today and said I can get one for $825 plus shipping. He said he set one aside for me. I've already got one since I first messaged him. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get it or pass.

$825 plus shipping will be about $1025, I always ask myself is this worth $1k? Not now but it will in the future

I'm a big xm fan but I would advise caution. Not all xm pieces are always a hit. Think of Hulk. Imo this Thor has come up a little short of final expectations. It's a great piece and perfect for a personal collection but I don't know if it's Magneto worthy or even Phoenix/Thanos level

I'm a big xm fan but I would advise caution. Not all xm pieces are always a hit. Think of Hulk. Imo this Thor has come up a little short of final expectations. It's a great piece and perfect for a personal collection but I don't know if it's Magneto worthy or even Phoenix/Thanos level

Isn't that a personal opinion?

What you consider not worthy could easily be worthy for someone else. Right?

(I'm saying this with the utmost respect)

Hey!!!! I like the XM Hulk :)

at least his face doesn't look like Frankenstein like a lot of the older Hulks... :p

Last edited:

But is the standard for purchasing future XM products is that they have to beat Magneto? That might be the case for some folks...but I don't expect every statue to be better than Magneto or Phoenix/Thanos. I just want statues that I think look cool...and personally I think this statue looks pretty cool.

My bad guys. I think I came across the wrong way. Your all right...he is great and I have one on PO myself. All I'm saying is I would not buy two! Way to many people are buying multiples of one character with hopes of flipping or reselling. Some guys have 3 4 5 of a piece. All I'm saying is not every xm piece is flip fodder. If I dropped 1k on a second order I'm no sure I'll get that back. I'm just saying it's not a guarantee at this price level. I don't think can continually sustain itself let alone high flips. The resell community is also annoying imo. Every piece I sell is scrutinized and I lose at least 10% off the sales price having to discount shipping or MI or statue defects. And Dan I think the XM Hulk is cool too and underrated. And no traylorc...imo Mags is not the initial standard but when peeps start trying to tie up a release with multiple orders then I say yes. I do hold a higher standard. But to each his own. If you can afford it do it but I would keep the cash in my pocket for new releases. I dropped 1k on Magneto this month. 200 on Ms Marvel deposit...expecting Wolverine and Phoenix any day now. So no...I wouldn't drop 1k on a duplicate order

Yes he looks damn good, like all others that xm did, I am super fan of xm, but as we live in U.S. We can't buy every piece that close to $1k, and for a lot ppl this looks amazing good but does it worth $1k or more? That makes me think twice when I had the chance to order him.

My bad guys. I think I came across the wrong way. Your all right...he is great and I have one on PO myself. All I'm saying is I would not buy two! Way to many people are buying multiples of one character with hopes of flipping or reselling. Some guys have 3 4 5 of a piece. All I'm saying is not every xm piece is flip fodder. If I dropped 1k on a second order I'm no sure I'll get that back. I'm just saying it's not a guarantee at this price level. I don't think can continually sustain itself let alone high flips. The resell community is also annoying imo. Every piece I sell is scrutinized and I lose at least 10% off the sales price having to discount shipping or MI or statue defects. And Dan I think the XM Hulk is cool too and underrated. And no traylorc...imo Mags is not the initial standard but when peeps start trying to tie up a release with multiple orders then I say yes. I do hold a higher standard. But to each his own. If you can afford it do it but I would keep the cash in my pocket for new releases. I dropped 1k on Magneto this month. 200 on Ms Marvel deposit...expecting Wolverine and Phoenix any day now. So no...I wouldn't drop 1k on a duplicate order

Ah...ok...totally understand what you are saying.

If you couldn't transfer POs most of this flipping would go away. That's what really drives it because it cuts out one or two sets of shipping costs for the seller. Selling a PO that cost you say $650-$700 for $1200 where the buyer is also responsible for shipping is a big profit and the buyer doesn't wholly factor in.

Whereas if you pay $650-700 for the statue, then pay 150-250 to have it shipped to you, then try to sell for 1200 the buyer is more likely to want shipping included in that. And now you are barely breaking even. Even if you sell it for $1200 plus shipping you're clearing half as much.

It's the PO selling driving all of this.

:slap
If you couldn't transfer POs most of this flipping would go away. That's what really drives it because it cuts out one or two sets of shipping costs for the seller. Selling a PO that cost you say $650-$700 for $1200 where the buyer is also responsible for shipping is a big profit and the buyer doesn't wholly factor in.

Whereas if you pay $650-700 for the statue, then pay 150-250 to have it shipped to you, then try to sell for 1200 the buyer is more likely to want shipping included in that. And now you are barely breaking even. Even if you sell it for $1200 plus shipping you're clearing half as much.

It's the PO selling driving all of this.

You don't say... :tap

Close Up for better feeling. :yess:

11038791_10153022570463791_6851453128232526351_n.jpg

Back