XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I have to say, I think it looks great. The detailed paint job on the winged portion of the helmet looks amazing. On all other Thor statues you usually get white plastic looking wings. The paint job on the helmet looks awesome to me personally. The rest of the helmet has always looked like a metal lid on top of his head LOL.

Sosa did a phenomenal job on this piece (that man's talent is amazing). Can't wait to see the base on this one.

Agreed. The details of the helmet were actually the first thing I took notice too and thought were awesome. :goodpost:

Really? I have to say, I think it looks great. The detailed paint job on the winged portion of the helmet looks amazing. On all other Thor statues you usually get white plastic looking wings. The paint job on the helmet looks awesome to me personally. The rest of the helmet has always looked like a metal lid on top of his head LOL.

Sosa did a phenomenal job on this piece (that man's talent is amazing). Can't wait to see the base on this one.

Hahaha, the paint is good for sure. And the wings look detail... The metal lid, if there is more to it somehow hahaha... Can anyone post a foto of SS Thor side by side with this version.

I find his head too small, especially when compared to that ginormous arm.

Marvel_XMS_ThorB__XMS_Z_150425_ed94cff3ec4faa1689670bf1986454413_zpsajl3ahii.jpg

In case someone now finds the manipulated head too big, here's another comparison with a slightly smaller head, but still bigger than the actual one:

Marvel_XMS_ThorB__XMS_Z_150425_ed94cff3ec4faa1689670bf1986454413_Cap_intermig_zpsfchcnhmm.jpg

Right Shoulder still looks off, as if it's disjointed from the body, and the legs do not seamlessly transition from the groin/hips, almost as if they're attached like an action figure.

dont know abt you guys but all i'm looking forward to is the base!!! XM sure know how to deliver a dioramic base and i'm praying they'll have something special in store for the big guy!! :rock

Last edited:
dont know abt you guys but all i'm looking forward to is the base!!! XM sure know how to deliver a dioramic base and i'm praying they'll have something special in stire for the big guy!! :rock

Yeah can't wait to see the base either. This statue is going to be great. :rock

Agreed! Would love to see the base as well. I'm thinking it will be the original base.....

Wondering whether you guys think this Thor would stand well next to SS Cap and Hot Toys 1/4 Mark 43? I don't like everything about the SS Thor and really want a good Thor to complete the set, but still unsure if this one would work next to them.

I don't see anything wrong with size of his head. Nor anything with his right shoulder. I don't see it ...

Thor in the comics has always been a big dude. Not like Hulk big, but pretty yoked. Its possible his thickness makes his head look smaller? Dunno ...

I don't see anything wrong with size of his head. Nor anything with his right shoulder. I don't see it ...

Thor in the comics has always been a big dude. Not like Hulk big, but pretty yoked. Its possible his thickness makes his head look smaller? Dunno ...

Being "yoked" has nothing to do with it.

See how part of the shoulder rests just above the last part of the pectoral when the arm is down at it's side, that means part of the ball of his should should go underneath the cloth of his oufit. Because the entire ball of his shoulder is visible it makes it look like it's away from his body, it also now that I see it makes one trapezius look longer than the other.

bodybuilder_0.jpg

Oh my dear lord god. People you are taking this topic about the head too small and the arms too big and the shoulders look too gigantic deep in the chest. Suddenly a lot of people here took up anatomy and are anatomist now that slicing and dicing cadavers up and exactly know what muscle proportions are suppose to be. Chilax people. This might not come out till later this year or next year so plenty of time to tweek. And i know XM will deliver so hold your horses

Last edited:
Oh my dear lord god. People you are taking this topic about the head too small and the arms too big and the shoulders look too gigantic deep in the chest. Suddenly a lot of people here took up anatomy and are anatomist now that slicing and dicing cadavers up and exactly know what muscle proportions are suppose to be. Chilax people. This might not come out till later this year or next year so plenty of time to tweek. And i know XM will deliver so hold your horses

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

You don't need to have phd to see its wrong. And yes anstomy is big deal, its a human or at least.humaniod figure, and this isn't the first.time it's been brought up, this was said when the first sculpt was shown before Sosa was involved. And I thought you guys wanted this stuff pointed out so tweeks can be made? Especially since it looks like its entering paint already.

Josh you still don't know???? Only good things can be said about XM pieces in their threads or you'll get jumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See how part of the shoulder rests just above the last part of the pectoral when the arm is down at it's side, that means part of the ball of his should should go underneath the cloth of his oufit. Because the entire ball of his shoulder is visible it makes it look like it's away from his body, it also now that I see it makes one trapezius look longer than the other.

bodybuilder_0.jpg

Hold on, let me look at myself in the mirror. Hmm, nah, he is too skinny still :lol

You don't need to have phd to see its wrong. And yes anstomy is big deal, its a human or at least.humaniod figure, and this isn't the first.time it's been brought up, this was said when the first sculpt was shown before Sosa was involved. And I thought you guys wanted this stuff pointed out so tweeks can be made? Especially since it looks like its entering paint already.

Being honest Josh I can see where you are coming from, but having trashed this one completely at one point, and having gone back to the drawing board I can't see them reworking this very much more simply from a cost perspective. I don't see them printing it up again... Maybe Seng or Ben could do something with it in the shop, but I don't know if they would be will to take the time again seeing as this has already been approved.

bodybuilder_0.jpg

At the end of the day, it only matters to the buyer. If the buyer doesn't see what you see and buys it, then that buyer is fine with it. If the buyer agrees with you, then the buyer won't buy this. So, whatever ...

I'm fine with this as is and I'm keeping my PO. If XM sees what you're talking about, then they'll fix it.

Back