XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the kind words gentleman. Hopefully many of you are enjoying these custom cap heads in your collections as well

Defiantly.... I rated the original 9/10 but with the screaming portrait it's defiantly 10/10.... Thanks again for putting this together for the forum members...

Defiantly.... I rated the original 9/10 but with the screaming portrait it's defiantly 10/10.... Thanks again for putting this together for the forum members...

Yeah, that James guy sure is a helpful dude. We are lucky to have peeps like him around these parts.

Damn, they relisted a couple pieces last week at BBTS but instead of $650 they put them at $999. They went out fast, but now I know why my order wasn't relisted immediately when I cancelled months ago (was trying to hook a fellow board member), that was dirty...

Damn, they relisted a couple pieces last week at BBTS but instead of $650 they put them at $999. They went out fast, but now I know why my order wasn't relisted immediately when I cancelled months ago (was trying to hook a fellow board member), that was dirty...

Yeah they do that from time to time when they know their initial PO price is way under market value.

Welcome to the amazing world of "being international and have to deal with retailers". It's completely within their rights btw, they secure you a piece at a retail price, but if that piece comes back being available they can wait and sell for a higher price... nothing dirty imho. If private collectors can do it all the time, I don't see why retailers (who pay taxes on their sales) shouldn't.
At the time of Batman PF Preorder one of the local (and most known) retailers told me 400€+shipping (which at the time was more than 500$+shipping), because "it was sold out from the importer distributor". Now that's dirty. I could have ordered directly from Sideshow and even with customs ripping me off I'd have spent some less than that, wonder how many people fell for it.

Welcome to the amazing world of "being international and have to deal with retailers". It's completely within their rights btw, they secure you a piece at a retail price, but if that piece comes back being available they can wait and sell for a higher price... nothing dirty imho. If private collectors can do it all the time, I don't see why retailers (who pay taxes on their sales) shouldn't.
At the time of Batman PF Preorder one of the local (and most known) retailers told me 400€+shipping (which at the time was more than 500$+shipping), because "it was sold out from the importer distributor". Now that's dirty. I could have ordered directly from Sideshow and even with customs ripping me off I'd have spent some less than that, wonder how many people fell for it.

Thanks for the warm welcome...but I've been in the international party from the start brother hahaha, sideshow doesn't even ship to my country to begin with :). I do find greedy that a company as big as BBTS, who's income won't be defined by making a couple hundred bucks more on 2 statues, is offering the piece at 1k when I payed 700 USD to get this to my doorstep, after an expensive (AKA FEDEX) international shipping and paying fees.

I only wanted to help a fellow board member by cancelling my order at a specific time (only known to him and I) without asking any money. Lesson learnt lol, should've kept te order.

Two more portraits arrived today and they're great!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Gah! I missed the windows for the screaming head and pointing finger but now I feel like I'm incomplete without them. :(

Yup, I need them.

Back