[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The after market is brutal for Venom and Cable. If you find either for a decent price and the seller has more than one, let me know!

I haven't. :(

I REALLY want Mysterio to be that first piece. Cable and Venom are a close second.

Cable is worth it. I had a few people ask about mine which I told them I'd sell for what I paid. It's probably the best statue I've ever owned in my 16 years of collecting.

Cable is worth it... It's probably the best statue I've ever owned in my 16 years of collecting.

I would absolutely second this comment. Cable is very worth it... and I'm afraid that he'll be more highly sought after when Deadpool 2 releases.

Pictures, no matter how good, do not do this piece justice. The texture details alone are worth the money!

_DSC2410.jpg

Great pic, Sam. I love this piece.

Thanks, Jeff! Kind of wish I could afford an extra room in my house for a dedicated studio. Would love to play around with shooting statues under varying lighting conditions, exposure stacking, and compositing. Could be a full-time job!

He's a masterpiece. Even if you don't like the character there is no denying the level of craftsmanship that XM put into him.

Ugh. Annnnnddddd, literally just found a recast on Ebay of this one. I knew they were out there, but so sad seeing people do that. smh.

I know I asked in another thread, but do the recasts come with XM packaging???

Aside from someone saying 'this is a knockoff', how can I differentiate the two?

Yea they used to try and fool people but now they get reported so they put "recast"

Usually if the price is half the market value it's a recast. And they have nothing but stock photos and are from China lol

Yea they used to try and fool people but now they get reported so they put "recast"

Usually if the price is half the market value it's a recast. And they have nothing but stock photos and are from China lol

But what's the packaging situation like with those?

Recasts? No idea. Probably not anything that would protect the statue substantially.

I was curious if they got a hold of XMs packaging and really going all out. I recommend this happening with some Sideshow pieces back in the day. Recasters were taking 'extra' boxes from the factories to house their own recasts for sale, making it that much more difficult.

Cable is worth it. I had a few people ask about mine which I told them I'd sell for what I paid. It's probably the best statue I've ever owned in my 16 years of collecting.

I would absolutely agree that this statue right here is way up there with Mags if not slightly better. It's just that Mags is more a popular character which for Cable is about to change in the coming years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No XM package. It's cheap styrofoam with regular brown box only. I've seen some pics of a Ghost Rider recast with this kind of box.

That's good to know. **** like recasts annoy (and scare) me, especially when I'm late to the game on some of these pieces.

The recast price aren't cheap either right

Yeah, that's what blows my mind. Why would anyone spend that kind of money and not just pay the extra $500+ and get the real deal, when you're talking a $1500 piece.

Back