[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not a bad price for peeps that can buy him directly. Unfortunately, there's going to be a markup for those that can't.

Yup. I'm wondering how much he'll go for once the statue starts rolling out. I generally just wait until someone on here or fb has him in hand in the states then I'll purchase.

Yup. I'm wondering how much he'll go for once the statue starts rolling out. I generally just wait until someone on here or fb has him in hand in the states then I'll purchase.

I'm so afraid this is going to skyrocket in price like Magneto. Hopefully not as I think I won't manage to secure one and will have to pay aftermarket price...

I'm so afraid this is going to skyrocket in price like Magneto. Hopefully not as I think I won't manage to secure one and will have to pay aftermarket price...

I personally don't think Cable will get that high, or get too ridiculously high.

I do think this is going to be Magneto2.0, unfortunately.
Incredibly popular character + badass statue and design + never been done in 1/4 + limited ES at 999 + most probably no other company is working on him + con exclusive = aftermarket pegging, I fear

I do think this is going to be Magneto2.0, unfortunately.
Incredibly popular character + badass statue and design + never been done in 1/4 + limited ES at 999 + most probably no other company is working on him + con exclusive = aftermarket pegging, I fear

I don't know that we'll ever see anything match the frenzy of Mags. There have been a lot of pieces that have sold out quickly with XM but none have really had the staying power of Mags in the aftermarket so far. Just about every other XM piece has come down to earth as far as aftermarket prices goes. I personally think Ghost Rider will be the next sought after piece. However, who knows? I'm not as enamored with this Cable as everyone else seems to be. Maybe that's clouding my judgment.

I'm not as enamored with this Cable as everyone else seems to be.

From what I've been reading (FB mainly) a lot of people aren't. Statue as a whole seems to be "liked" but not "loved" by a lot.

But who knows, when he comes out everyone could start going ga ga over it.

I personally think GR is going to be the next big thing. Not as big as Mags, but he'll get pretty high. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the chance to PO him for 1k. Now I see PO's for 1800$-2k$. Haven't kept up to see if people are actually paying that much though.

I don't know that we'll ever see anything match the frenzy of Mags. There have been a lot of pieces that have sold out quickly with XM but none have really had the staying power of Mags in the aftermarket so far. Just about every other XM piece has come down to earth as far as aftermarket prices goes. I personally think Ghost Rider will be the next sought after piece. However, who knows? I'm not as enamored with this Cable as everyone else seems to be. Maybe that's clouding my judgment.

I thought about it and to be fair, almost every other XM character is not nearly as popular as Magneto, or there are very popular characters already being done and done (like Spidey). The other possible Magneto2.0 were Phoenix and Thanos imho, but they missed the mark, one with the heads, the other with the base.
As for Ghost Rider... he's great but I got the impression that a lot of people were mainly attracted to it being an exclusive, plus with the high retail price + high markup, the room for a high secondary value gets smaller and smaller imho.
As for Cable, not sure how reliable it is as an info, so take it with a grain of salt, but a few resellers I spoke with all told me that the demand is crazy. Even at the inflated rate of 1250-1300SGD they sell it for, they have more orders than they can reasonably handle.

By the way I agree that it will be much harder to see anything appreciate in value like Magneto did, for a lot of reasons. One of which is the increasing costs, retail prices are going up, markup by resellers is going up, shipping rates are going up, more companies are offering a wider range of characters in various formats and scales... I remember I paid roughly $800 delivered for Magneto, Thanos was 900$, Phoenix and Black Bolt 1000$, if I picked up Cable now it would probably be around $1300. I'm interested in Weapon X but that too would end up being somewhat above 1000$... looks like a trend, and I'm not exactly comfortable with it.

Thanks. Does this make it the tallest XM statue yet?

I know Cap is pretty tall to the top of the flag and blackbolt to the top of his Scepter when he's in his highest pose.

I thought about it and to be fair, almost every other XM character is not nearly as popular as Magneto, or there are very popular characters already being done and done (like Spidey). The other possible Magneto2.0 were Phoenix and Thanos imho, but they missed the mark, one with the heads, the other with the base.
As for Ghost Rider... he's great but I got the impression that a lot of people were mainly attracted to it being an exclusive, plus with the high retail price + high markup, the room for a high secondary value gets smaller and smaller imho.
As for Cable, not sure how reliable it is as an info, so take it with a grain of salt, but a few resellers I spoke with all told me that the demand is crazy. Even at the inflated rate of 1250-1300SGD they sell it for, they have more orders than they can reasonably handle.

By the way I agree that it will be much harder to see anything appreciate in value like Magneto did, for a lot of reasons. One of which is the increasing costs, retail prices are going up, markup by resellers is going up, shipping rates are going up, more companies are offering a wider range of characters in various formats and scales... I remember I paid roughly $800 delivered for Magneto, Thanos was 900$, Phoenix and Black Bolt 1000$, if I picked up Cable now it would probably be around $1300. I'm interested in Weapon X but that too would end up being somewhat above 1000$... looks like a trend, and I'm not exactly comfortable with it.

Yeah, I paid just about the same prices you did for the 2 XM pieces I own (Mags & Thanos). Prices continue to rise and that's one of the reasons I passed on Phoenix (I didn't want to pay $1000 for a statue that didn't have a single portrait I liked on it). The only other 2 XM pieces that I want come with some pretty hefty price tags (Weapon X & Hulkbuster IM). Realistically, HB is off the board. I can afford it but I just have a difficult time justifying paying over 2K for a statue. Weapon X is a more likely purchase. I'm a HUGE X-MEN fan and Wolvie is my favorite Marvel character. I'll probably spring for that piece if my contact in Singapore can help me out. Either way, spending $1000 on 1/4 scale pieces is not something I want to make a habit of doing. I'm thrilled that I really LOVE SSC's brown costume Wolvie. That'll allow me to pass on XM's brown Wolvie when he's finally revealed. Increased pricing definitely has a big effect on what XM pieces I choose to add to my collection.

From what I've been reading (FB mainly) a lot of people aren't. Statue as a whole seems to be "liked" but not "loved" by a lot.

But who knows, when he comes out everyone could start going ga ga over it.

I personally think GR is going to be the next big thing. Not as big as Mags, but he'll get pretty high. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the chance to PO him for 1k. Now I see PO's for 1800$-2k$. Haven't kept up to see if people are actually paying that much though.

Yeah, I have no idea how popular this Cable is or if he will be highly sought after or not. For me personally, I LOVE a more classic looking Cable. The Bowen modern Cable is my favorite Cable costume and statue of the character followed by his retro costume drawn by Jim Lee. This piece just doesn't do it for me and I'm willing to wait to see what SSC or Prime 1 can do with the character.

Back