XM Studios Brown Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quality wise it shouldn't even be compared. XM 99.9 percent of the time has better paint apps. It's part of what you pay for. SS Brown Wolvie is a great interpretation and a solid add to any collection.

Better paint? No. Better QC and production? Probably, yes.

But any day of the week, I'd take a Sideshow prototype vs. an XM prototype. There is really no contest as to who are the better artists.

I would say it's a mixed bag. XM can't seem to do human faces very well. I thought their first Cap statue was pretty bad overall. But something like their Namor looks quite good across the board. Whereas SSC has some really wacky statue designs here or there, like their modern Thor or the Hulk on the Hulk/Wolvie diorama. And others, like brown Wolvie, which are just mediocre in my opinion.

But any day of the week, I'd take a Sideshow prototype vs. an XM prototype. There is really no contest as to who are the better artists.

We can agree to disagree on paint. I would gladly take a SS prot sure. But that's sadly not usually what you get.

That is COMPLETELY subjective. I would take XM over Sideshow any day of the week because that is my preference.

I would say it's a mixed bag. XM can't seem to do human faces very well. I thought their first Cap statue was pretty bad overall. But something like their Namor looks quite good across the board. Whereas SSC has some really wacky statue designs here or there, like their modern Thor or the Hulk on the Hulk/Wolvie diorama. And others, like brown Wolvie, which are just mediocre in my opinion.

Cap was the first statue that XM ever released. They have hugely improved their head sculpts since then. They occasionally still have a bad one, but so do Sideshow.

14237654_1230977756952487_7315154561553405865_n.jpg

14238190_1232009183516011_3086724993631905075_n.jpg

14238126_1449450691738169_1850887258119747435_n.jpg

14225631_1138663842921666_8728512470517538392_n.jpg

SSC statues are never like their protos. Their protos are dressed up with higher quality material, better paint, and photoshopped to look good. I will say they have awesome sculptors on staff tho. XM has also retained some of the best sculptors for their projects. Hopefully they have learned from their minor mistakes on the first Wolverine and will knock this one out of the ballpark as well

Blah blah blah xm can't do portraits well it's the same ol' tiresome bs arguments by the same people who wouldn't be able to see improvements because they are so blinded and entretched in their love for other companies.

Blah blah blah xm can't do portraits well it's the same ol' tiresome bs arguments by the same people who wouldn't be able to see improvements because they are so blinded and entretched in their love for other companies.

Hahahaha.... Some people are so bias. We are collectors, not the shareholders of the company. Sometimes XM is better, sometimes SS is better. or even P1. :lol
It's just the way it is.

SSC statues are never like their protos. Their protos are dressed up with higher quality material, better paint, and photoshopped to look good. I will say they have awesome sculptors on staff tho. XM has also retained some of the best sculptors for their projects. Hopefully they have learned from their minor mistakes on the first Wolverine and will knock this one out of the ballpark as well

My last few PFs all looked great. Every bit as good as the prototype pieces. Lobo was phenomenal, modern Thor turned out fantastic, and my brown Wolvie and classic Sabes were stunning. No complaints from me on QC.

My last few PFs all looked great. Every bit as good as the prototype pieces. Lobo was phenomenal, modern Thor turned out fantastic, and my brown Wolvie and classic Sabes were stunning. No complaints from me on QC.

That is good to hear! I'm just saying they do alter their production pieces from what they showcase. Im glad that there havent been any glaring issues with your purchases.

I agree with Asdf a lot of companies have hits and misses.

Random thought: I know all XM protos are painted by the same person (Seng, maybe? Don't remember), but some of their protos look like painted by different people - i.e. Vulture has an incredibly detailed and realistic face, same goes for the paint on the IM Classic unmasked head (just consider the paint, not the sculpt), Iron Fist, Black Panther; while other pieces like Batman, Quicksilver and the new Cap are somewhat less detailed, even the first morphing Venom headsculpt looked so bad, it just seems weird that the same person who painted a lot of great stuff also painted that one.

By the way, I like that what XM does on the proto is what you get at home, makes it easier to pick n choose. If I find one of their protos non convincing, I know I can skip it

Back