XM Studios Blackcat 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird, I really like the cat (couldn't care less about the character, tho).
It's a stylized portrayal based on egyptian cat sculptures - check them out, they have the same facial features and ornaments. It's a nice touch because it's tied both to the character and to the fact that she's a burglar (since these statues are usually found in museums, nowadays).
If they play well with colors, they can make a very nice contrast between the statue and her figure:

b2555c5ff2d2fe921683105e1d1bc7c2.jpg

This looks great, too many great statues from xm. It's hard to be selective.

Love the (let's call it) the flirty portrait better than the one where she's holding the jewel, looks much better. Overall I think it looks really good, not a huge fan in general of the character but for those who are this thing (as usual with XM) will most likely look great.

Well ...there you go. Ask and you shall receive.

Now we have a portrait that looks over her right shoulder. Very nice!

And that close up pic of the puckered face is not so bad. I would need to see more of it, tho, to be sure.

looks amazing, though I already have the SSC version and it's pretty good. so this might be the only spidey villain I pass on from XM

Black base makes this a pass. Black on black is not striking or interesting, especially if you have black cabinets.

Too bad they changed it for the worst.

I'm waiting for the final paint result. That can't be the final paint ...its still in progress. I'll hold my judgement until then.

I really like this, including the cat. The face sculpt is lacking a bit, the more and more I look it, but I love the overall concept.

Black base makes this a pass. Black on black is not striking or interesting, especially if you have black cabinets.

Too bad they changed it for the worst.

I'm waiting for the final paint result. That can't be the final paint ...its still in progress. I'll hold my judgement until then.

Usually when you're painting metallics, especially Gold, the undercoat will be painted black, makes the color deeper. Hopefully it's just the base coat their laying down and then they'll put the gold over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually when you're painting metallics, especially Gold, the undercoat will be painted black, makes the color deeper. Hopefully it's just the base coat their laying down and then they'll put the gold over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind a little bit more color like you said.

You're right, she was very close to being done. I thought she'd already be done by now.

So I'm hoping we do see her at the earliest Con.

Back