XM Studios Batman - KNIGHT of the RISING SUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a beautiful statue. I remember feeling bad that I didn't didn't make the PO cut-off 10 months ago (our XM distributor was sold out in about 3 hours). Now, seeing the pics make me feel bad that I don't have this on my shelf.

Am I the only one here who thought XM wouldn't be able to pull this one off as a commercial success? Batman as a samurai, I mean, that's definitely a new concept and I wasn't sure if it would settle well with the collecting community. Definitely had my doubts, which is why I didn't PO this before. Not that I'm looking to do so, ever, but it might seem like a missed opportunity for many who felt the same way and then want him now.

Picture from Min-chul Yang

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

min-chulyangzaziu.jpg

Picture from Eddy Kwan

eddykwan00bpv.jpg

Pictures from Misterski

12uxaa.jpg

26xz0j.jpg

Am I the only one here who thought XM wouldn't be able to pull this one off as a commercial success? Batman as a samurai, I mean, that's definitely a new concept and I wasn't sure if it would settle well with the collecting community. Definitely had my doubts, which is why I didn't PO this before. Not that I'm looking to do so, ever, but it might seem like a missed opportunity for many who felt the same way and then want him now.

Samuraized (sorry for the term) characters, especially if well-designed (not forced) and well-translated into a figure can sell really well. However, there would be purist fans who might take some time to warm up on the idea, if at all. Hot Toys' Samurai Predator is top notch and is enjoying a high aftermarket value, but has its share of haters (usually purist Predator fans). I guess the Samurai line of Star Wars figures is more widely accepted, given the connection of its roots and some designs to Samurai films. I'm not sure how Bandai's Samurai Marvel designs fared in the market, but personally I didn't like them.

With Batman though, this Batman IMO worked. I'd nit pick on the body being too thin (particularly the forearms) given all the armors he's wearing, but it's really well-designed and well-made, I wasn't surprised that it sold out fast plus given the fact that there's only 999 units worldwide.

Yup... A very outstanding and center piece if you put all the other batman next to him.

^^^^ Just curious, but Grumpy do you work for XM marketing or have any affiliation with them, or are you just an uber fan? I've just noticed you post and share almost every single XM photo from social media and the web.

You mean i could ask for an marketing job? :yess: :wink1:

Sure there is a reason, but it´s in my heart. I was just close to cancel this hobby for myself and then XM Studios showed up. Brings me back all the fun. Over the last years my love to the hobby grows again like XM Studios. Trust me it´s not much work, an 1 hour / day. I saved the pictures when i saw them and shared if i have time. It´s much more fun to talk with all the guys about XM Studios. I still love my SSC Hulk Avengers Maquette, Kotobukiya or Hot Toys pieces. Still looking for other companys and statues. I´m not 100% just on XM Studios.

As long it makes me happy, everything is ok. :wave

Can you get us extra discount for future PO Grumpy? hahaha

Back