XM Studios 1/4 Planet/King Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, and with the base as well it just makes it a better planet hulk statue as a whole.

Still nice to have the switch outs though.

The KH is just an impressive presence of a statue and easily one of SSC's best imo. It'll be nice to display the SSC's KH next to XM's GH :)

:goodpost::exactly:

No no Zod you and I are having a slightly different discussion I think. IMHO this piece MAY come out better than SSCs pieces. It certainly has the potential too be, and it will all depend on the finish. Especially the final paint app, which is where I think XM has had some trouble as of late with Paint apps making a sculpt look a little flat. If they NAIL a paint app that rivals the SSC King and Gladiator Hulk paint apps this one will be better. IF there is one guy who can hang with the likes of Pablo, Martin, and Andy when it comes to the Hulk it is Troy McDevitt. He does a KILLER Hulk. When I hear the term "**** all over" that to me means that the other piece is a total piece of garbage, and I don't think that can be said about the SSC King and Gladiator Hulks

I don't think either SS piece is garbage, but the pose XM has shown is much more appropriate for the character--especially Gladiator Hulk. Throw in the switch-out weapons and base and I think XM kills Sideshow's version. The last several XM statues have had excellent paint apps so I'm not worried about XM coming through on that end. Plus, Hulk doesn't have a normal face so they should nail that as well since XM does have trouble with those. The stoic pose worked for SS's King Hulk but I still prefer XM's. Sideshow loves to give their statues static poses and that's why I passed on both versions SS did. Hulk is a character that should be posed showing his strength and body, not standing on the stairs in a closed body pose. Hopefully XM will deliver on the concept they've shown in the art because to me it's no contest.

I don't think either SS piece is garbage, but the pose XM has shown is much more appropriate for the character--especially Gladiator Hulk. Throw in the switch-out weapons and base and I think XM kills Sideshow's version. The last several XM statues have had excellent paint apps so I'm not worried about XM coming through on that end. Plus, Hulk doesn't have a normal face so they should nail that as well since XM does have trouble with those. The stoic pose worked for SS's King Hulk but I still prefer XM's. Sideshow loves to give their statues static poses and that's why I passed on both versions SS did. Hulk is a character that should be posed showing his strength and body, not standing on the stairs in a closed body pose. Hopefully XM will deliver on the concept they've shown in the art because to me it's no contest.

Honestly, I get everything that you are say and I agree with most of it. I do think that SSC went a little reserved with their pose to keep the overall footprint, in terms of width and depth, to a minimum. We all know that many a person would complain if SSC released a huge piece that was overly expensive to ship with a massive footprint, whereas it is simply accepted when it is an XM piece. This piece will have a footprint that makes Magneto, Phoenix, and maybe even GhostRider look small when all is said and done. With that said I am totally fine with that for the Hulk, and trust me my entry for the XM Alliance project will have a MASSIVE foot print. In the end this piece LOOKS like it may come out to be one of XMs best, and it might be the first one I order. Troy is KILLING that sculpt and I LOVE the look of it so far.

Can anyone give me a contact of a reliable seller to start pre-ordering XM pieces from?
Thanks.

I am not fully confidant about the face sculpt.... I remember their first Hulk ;)

But I agree it should look much better now that XM has been around for a bit.

:lol. True, but I thought the first one was a complete mess. I'm confident they won't repeat what went wrong with that one.

I am not fully confidant about the face sculpt.... I remember their first Hulk ;)

:lol. True, but I thought the first one was a complete mess. I'm confident they won't repeat what went wrong with that one.

Troy's facial sculpt for this is already amazing. In the end this piece is already better then what has come before, and if they do this justice which I think they will it will be a devastatingly good Hulk.

Planet hulk and King hulk are about as modern as you can get unless you want the Asian hulk...

Keown, Deodato, Frank, or Pelletier modern Hulk. Basically, a modern take on the classic Hulk. No Kirby ape like Hulk. Strongly disliked the 1st XM Hulk and both green PFs from SSC. My favorite Hulk statue to this day is the faux bronze smackdown Hulk by Bowen designs. If I could get that in 1/4 scale, I'd be a very happy camper.

This will look great (face sculpt included) because it's Troy who's working on it.

Keown, Deodato, Frank, or Pelletier modern Hulk. Basically, a modern take on the classic Hulk. No Kirby ape like Hulk. Strongly disliked the 1st XM Hulk and both green PFs from SSC. My favorite Hulk statue to this day is the faux bronze smackdown Hulk by Bowen designs. If I could get that in 1/4 scale, I'd be a very happy camper.

Yes, I want a modern Hulk as well. Wasn't impressed with XM's first Hulk effort and SSC's recent Hulk had the huge neck gap which bugged me.

Yes, I want a modern Hulk as well. Wasn't impressed with XM's first Hulk effort and SSC's recent Hulk had the huge neck gap which bugged me.

Well if I can pull of a win in the XM Alliance project that is what you are going to get.

Gonna be one expensive Hulk

My guess is, if this is anywhere near the same price as their Darkness, with shipping this will cost North American collectors about the same as the SSC Gladiator and King Hulks combined. However, I can see many thinking it is worth it.

Last edited:
My guess is, if this is anywhere near the same price as their Darkness, with shipping this will cost North American collectors about the same as the SSC Gladiator and King Hulks combined. However, I can see many thinking it is worth it.

I'm going with 1300$-1400$ shipped.

Neck seam bugged me as well but not as much as both portraits did. Don't like the Kirby inspired head sculpt and disliked the Ed McG inspired head sculpt as well. Not a fan of either of those artists when it comes to the Hulk.

Back