XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow after a long wait I can finally smell burnt tires and asphalt. Can't wait any longer!!! Such amazing statue..

I feel like this will be almost impossible to get if you live in the U.S.A.

I would really like to add a ghost rider to my collection, hopefully SS will add Johnny Blaze to their future projects or get distribution rights to XM products.

Sideshow would be crazy not too, especially with buzz developing for a piece like this. Missed opportunity if they don't.

It would be a good alternative. But i highly doubt SS can pull something off like this. I can't recall SS ever doing a marvel character with some type of vehicle on it. Plus with SS's high ES dunno how they would be able to keep up with QC since this type of statue would require very meticulous visual inspection

SS can definitely do it... Just too lazy, rather they focus on remaking Hulk and IM for Marvel line. hahaha

Problem with Sideshow: they're not going to do the bike. And Ghost Rider without the bike is incomplete.
It's a double edged sword imho, on one side, Ghost Rider + bike requires a lot of work and commands a high price tag, on the other side the character itself doesn't seem to me popular enough to grant the number of sales that Sideshow seems to be after (about 3000 pieces at least, for comic characters).
They have a ton of much more popular characters that require less work, with a broader market and more affordable price tags still to be done, to me it seems that GR won't happen soon... but you can never know after all.

Even without the bike, if done well enough I'd be interested. And if SS can do the Dark Rider of Modor, they can do GH on bike (licencing etc, etc stuff aside). This piece sold out, no reason why Sideshows wouldn't sell (pricing being what it currently is, up or down...) they just got to want to, but at this point somebody beat them to it.

My perception of the character might be skewed because I don't know much about him, but always understood he is a B-lister at best. From what I hear, his TV serie hasn't been well received either.
I'm saying this because what you describe is exactly the Magneto scenario, he's one of the most popular Marvel characters and Sideshow didn't touch him when they could, then after the success of the XM version they could have easily made the blandest Magneto PF ever (like a generic one leg up pose on a simple base), price it at 500$ and still sell thousands of copies... two years later, still nothing. Same thing happening now with Cable.
Sideshow doesn't seem to follow that line of thought (for the good and the bad), if they don't on such popular characters, I think the chances for GR are pretty slim.

Saw this in person today. Wow it's a big big statue

My perception of the character might be skewed because I don't know much about him, but always understood he is a B-lister at best. From what I hear, his TV serie hasn't been well received either.
I'm saying this because what you describe is exactly the Magneto scenario, he's one of the most popular Marvel characters and Sideshow didn't touch him when they could, then after the success of the XM version they could have easily made the blandest Magneto PF ever (like a generic one leg up pose on a simple base), price it at 500$ and still sell thousands of copies... two years later, still nothing. Same thing happening now with Cable.
Sideshow doesn't seem to follow that line of thought (for the good and the bad), if they don't on such popular characters, I think the chances for GR are pretty slim.

I'd also consider him a B-lister, but there are a lot of bench players that people would like to see get made. That's what keeps long time collectors going I think and A listers getting rehashed continually gets boring. Given GR flames, theres inherent "issues" with producing him (similar to spideys lines), and a lot can happen (or not happen) from concept to finish product. The two maquettes don't look bad at all and the people who own them seem to like them. With sideshows latest efforts over the past year+ I think it can be done well, better than before.

BUT, you gotta love the fact someone is willing to do what others are not.

I'd also consider him a B-lister, but there are a lot of bench players that people would like to see get made. That's what keeps long time collectors going I think and A listers getting rehashed continually gets boring. Given GR flames, theres inherent "issues" with producing him (similar to spideys lines), and a lot can happen (or not happen) from concept to finish product. The two maquettes don't look bad at all and the people who own them seem to like them. With sideshows latest efforts over the past year+ I think it can be done well, better than before.

BUT, you gotta love the fact someone is willing to do what others are not.

Well it depends what era you grew up on comics i guess. the run of Ghost Rider when Dan Ketch was him with Mark Texiera and Howard Mackie he was actually an A lister then. The inking and drawing was on another level and the comics prices sky rocketed. Just on that run alone I have always had Ghost Rider as a top 5 character for me. So naturally I went back and checked out the other issue with Johnny Cage as well.

If they did a Dan Ketch Ghost Rider version I would be in heaven. Having those two matching would be a GR fan wet dream.

Well it depends what era you grew up on comics i guess. the run of Ghost Rider when Dan Ketch was him with Mark Texiera and Howard Mackie he was actually an A lister then. The inking and drawing was on another level and the comics prices sky rocketed. Just on that run alone I have always had Ghost Rider as a top 5 character for me. So naturally I went back and checked out the other issue with Johnny Cage as well.

If they did a Dan Ketch Ghost Rider version I would be in heaven. Having those two matching would be a GR fan wet dream.
What? Mark Teixeira was in Ghost Rider?

That's true. Early 90's it was all about Spidey, Wolverine, Punisher and Ghost Rider.

Back